Author Topic: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding  (Read 7545 times)

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding
« on: July 16, 2016, 05:51:47 PM »
bish had 49 people, knits had 45, rooks had 29 today saturday the 16th. rooks fighting both fairly heavily.  this is whats happened so far: a rook found KK and his bunch noe to rook AAA, 20 mins later another bish does an noe at the AAA then bails. then a single bish porked radar at a base then bailed. 10 mins later KK and his bunch do a mass bish noe to this base and take it. you have numbers and youre hiding in NOE raids, bomb and bailing. and doing it against the least numbers. if this isnt bad for AH, i dont know what is.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: youre playing a fighting game, stop hiding
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:14:38 PM »
Like I said in another thread - SNEAK a base is the preferred option now.  Very few will fight for it.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 07:01:14 PM »
  Played AH3 for 3 hours today with 6-12 players had a blast. Dump this old game and get with it.  :ahand

From the looks of it AH3 will be a success and maybe the furballs of yore will be once again.  :airplane:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 02:49:26 AM »
  Played AH3 for 3 hours today with 6-12 players had a blast. Dump this old game and get with it.  :ahand

From the looks of it AH3 will be a success and maybe the furballs of yore will be once again.  :airplane:

New graphics will not magically change gameplay, and surely it won't change how the players act. You may have just happened to have the 'right' folks with you. As I wrote in another thread, a few weeks ago I was in beta and saw six guys rolling enemy bases without any opposition just like in EW. Currently, AH3 beta allows players to act just like in AH2. Wether this is a good or bad thing you have to decide yourself ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 03:13:34 AM »
Like I said in another thread - SNEAK a base is the preferred option now.  Very few will fight for it.

It's not even REALLY a "sneak" when a certain country who we'll let remain nameless (the initials are B.I.S.H.) do it... whack-a-mole is not exactly sneaky.  Just find the target nearest to one of their bases but totally barren of activity, go there and wait.  Viola!  A target rich environment for killing, IF you can get'em before they bail.    :angel:
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 06:20:14 AM »
No doubt, it is time for HTC to rethink the city HQ and strat part of the game.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »
No doubt, it is time for HTC to rethink the city HQ and strat part of the game.

HTC hasn't improved the game play ever.  it's capture the flag and no strategy is required.  There have been many requests over the last 17 years to improve the game play, so now we are getting pretty grass, sky and water.    what is needed is a realistic roadway system, with a realistic River system, with bridges that can be destroyed and defended, used to create chock points to generate combat both ground and air.  One way to bring along the new AH3 is for every subscriber to cancel their AH2 account and just play AH3 for free. Remember the promise of AH2 when we were all playing AH1 and how once the change over to AH2, HTC would have a better game engine that would make future upgrades easier to implement. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 11:22:59 AM »
HTC hasn't improved the game play ever.  it's capture the flag and no strategy is required.  There have been many requests over the last 17 years to improve the game play, so now we are getting pretty grass, sky and water.    what is needed is a realistic roadway system, with a realistic River system, with bridges that can be destroyed and defended, used to create chock points to generate combat both ground and air.  One way to bring along the new AH3 is for every subscriber to cancel their AH2 account and just play AH3 for free. Remember the promise of AH2 when we were all playing AH1 and how once the change over to AH2, HTC would have a better game engine that would make future upgrades easier to implement.

I don't know, Traveler - remember HTC introduced GVs to the game as another way to capture bases - I thought it was an improvement at the time.  And they've definitely made tweaks over the years to address game imbalances - from perk system & ENY, moving locations of strats on maps, to changes in the side-switching time limit.  Looks to me like they do try at least.

A re-designed transportation system is supposedly otw with AH3 - and I agree, what you describe may be the  'hook' that re-invigorates gameplay.  I'm looking forward to trying it out.  Its fun to imagine what might be possible.   Or maybe the new mission system will help replace NOE hordes with more balanced action spread out over the map.  I do think the better, more detailed topography in the new terrains is going to change the ground game a lot.  But I'm a little concerned there will be even fewer pilots in the air.

AH3 is a totally new game engine, so I don't think its fair to hold HTC to the same promise of easier upgrades in AH2. 

<S>

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »
i dont mind noe and sneaks or noe strat runs,  thats not my issue. my issue is about when you do these. if you have 20 more people and your attacking the smallest team, do you really think you suck so bad that you need to NOE? is hurlmors little "base taker" squad so bad that they have to noe and then bail at the strats or noe 4 sets of lancs to a town, wf it, then bail and grab mass m3s? and doing it against half the players no less. these guys purposely hide from combat in a combat game. they play as dirty as possible and have no reservations in doing this. i really think they believe the world is going to end if they dont get that base. they are do anything, bottom line players. they are so worried about getting that base that they will hop on rooks or nits so they can bomb rook or nit strats and help the bish. thats how dirty they are. its pathetic in my opinion.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 01:01:01 PM »
i dont mind noe and sneaks or noe strat runs,  thats not my issue. my issue is about when you do these. if you have 20 more people and your attacking the smallest team, do you really think you suck so bad that you need to NOE? is hurlmors little "base taker" squad so bad that they have to noe and then bail at the strats or noe 4 sets of lancs to a town, wf it, then bail and grab mass m3s? and doing it against half the players no less. these guys purposely hide from combat in a combat game. they play as dirty as possible and have no reservations in doing this. i really think they believe the world is going to end if they dont get that base. they are do anything, bottom line players. they are so worried about getting that base that they will hop on rooks or nits so they can bomb rook or nit strats and help the bish. thats how dirty they are. its pathetic in my opinion.

Lets face some facts the bomb & bail on strats is universal in all arenas. Plus all sides do it Nits in mid war a couple of new guys stalking early war. The split strat system has allowed the base takers to do this send noe Lancs to AAA bomb bail. Set of lancs to City strat bomb then bail.

Repercussions? Well a few minutes of flight on small maps and your at the only two strats you need to damage to capture bases. 3 hours of affect for very little work.
We were better off under the mega strat system at least then contacts had to get above the auto acks to hit targets effectively.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
Heres my concern, the alpha/beta has been out what? A year now? And other than vague descriptions about destructible bridges and such, all we have to go from is better graphics which if  the numbers in the beta and reading the boards is any indicator - not many seem to be able to run, or at least run it with it looking any different from what it currently does. I don't know how many are still here that remember the whole combat tour thing, but that's my biggest concern is getting Deja-Vu over again.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 01:16:08 PM »
Lets face some facts the bomb & bail on strats is universal in all arenas. Plus all sides do it Nits in mid war a couple of new guys stalking early war. The split strat system has allowed the base takers to do this send noe Lancs to AAA bomb bail. Set of lancs to City strat bomb then bail.

Repercussions? Well a few minutes of flight on small maps and your at the only two strats you need to damage to capture bases. 3 hours of affect for very little work.
We were better off under the mega strat system at least then contacts had to get above the auto acks to hit targets effectively.
no team plays as dirty as the bish. they have whole squads who bomb and bail. even vs a team with half the numbers they noe then bomb and bail.  its not a HiTech problem, its a player mindset problem.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »
no team plays as dirty as the bish. they have whole squads who bomb and bail. even vs a team with half the numbers they noe then bomb and bail.  its not a HiTech problem, its a player mindset problem.

Frankly that is a comment that is just wrong.
Same thing happens early morning Eastern time by a few Rook squadrons they gang Bish & no one else. Now the another known Bish hating squad is on the nits for the summer it will happen from that side as well.

Different times of day has different styles of game play. Bish rule the days Rooks rule the nights. The Knights rule Sunday nights only.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2016, 01:31:15 PM »
I wonder in bomb and bail could be discouraged programmatically?   E.g. If a player from a country bails from an undamaged bomber, the resupply/rebuild rate is increased for each of the other two contries?  So bombing/bailing would be counter productive?   

Or maybe killshooter for bomb and bail?  I.e., If you bail from undamaged bombers, the damaged you caused by your drop is transferred to your own countries corresponding targets?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 01:32:55 PM by oboe »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2016, 01:36:53 PM »
I wonder in bomb and bail could be discouraged programmatically?   E.g. If a player from a country bails from an undamaged bomber, the resupply/rebuild rate is increased for each of the other two contries?  So bombing/bailing would be counter productive?   

Or maybe killshooter for bomb and bail?  I.e., If you bail from undamaged bombers, the damaged you caused by your drop is transferred to your own countries corresponding targets?

That would be abused extensively
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman