Author Topic: Ho or no HO  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Ho or no HO
« on: July 17, 2016, 11:58:08 PM »
Just asking for an opinion. Is this, or is this not a HO. The first two images are from my perspective, the last two from the enemy. I am the icon-less AC in the top left corner of the last two images

Chuikov

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Ho or no HO
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:13:15 AM »
No HO, and HOing is A-Ok to do anyways. I always begged for my opponents to try and HO me and it is literally the easiest shot to avoid. Remember, if you died to a HO shot then you literally flew into your opponents guns, so good job on killing yourself  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 12:35:39 AM »
I have proven time and time again.  I will only ho those who point their face at me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 01:27:56 AM »
hand picking the frames that fit the story and leaving out the ones that tell it.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 01:41:33 AM by VuduVee »

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 01:55:48 AM »
hand picking the frames that fit the story and leaving out the ones that tell it.
what about the friggin frames before these? the ones that show you coming in from my 12 to the spot these frames show. look at the 110, you can see hes pulling  and was at my right and following you from my right. seems like you left that part out of these frames. im pretty sure theyll show you spraying like hell to get that ever loving kill, God forbid you dont get that red guy down any way possible. even though you had 5 other reds ganging me. you see my teammates in these frames well well after the fight had been dragging on.  i thought it was poor form but all i said was thanks for the ho shot.

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 02:12:08 AM »
what about the friggin frames before these? the ones that show you coming in from my 12 to the spot these frames show. the ones that show you pulling as hard as you can  to get that ho shot. by the time this frame comes, youre pulling hard because im about to pass you and you have a split second to hit me and you do. but before these frames your at my 12 spraying from what i remember. the 110 even shows where you were and which shows you were pullin for the ho shot.hes following you and has been and it shows you were in front of my guns. my wing is tipped trying to avoid it. thats what is happening, not what youre trying to make it seem like. by the time this part of the fight happened the fight had been going for a while before my teammates got there and you and 5 or 6 other guys are ganging the one guy who shows up to meet you. you had a gang of helpers and still took that shot. God forbid you dont get that ever lovin kill any way you can. it wasnt a big deal and all i said was thanks for the ho. 2 seconds later i didnt give a crap. but i think im done playing fair with you guys who do anything for a kill. i can do that too.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 02:48:19 AM »
Paging OBX, OBX to reception please, fuss in progress.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 03:17:36 AM »
Sounds like SOMEONE is a little upset about being killed in a video game  :lol

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2016, 03:18:46 AM »
Double Post! YAY!  :cool:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:23:17 AM by Latrobe »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2016, 04:45:11 AM »
To make a true decision I need the film. But I bet they were nose to nose aimed at each other before the screenshots and voodoo blinked first.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2016, 05:03:07 AM »
I have a hard time understanding how people who have been playing for years and sometimes decades still complain about HO's... 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2016, 06:43:57 AM »
I have a hard time understanding how people who have been playing for years and sometimes decades still complain about HO's... 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's because they are the greatest of the greats! The pinnacle of skill! No one can ever hope to touch their skill level. After all, they've spent 10+ years on this game so they have learned everything there is to know about everything. If they die then it's not from lack of skill because they're the best! It's because the person who killed them cheated somehow, or they were afk at the time, or weren't flying seriously, or one of another thousand excuses.

It's NEVER their fault they die even though they are the one in control of their own plane.  :rofl

Probably the greatest feeling ever is killing an elitist, having them rage at you, come back to kill you and then you kill them again.  :devil

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2016, 06:50:40 AM »
Some people will always complain about you even if they fly into the ground. Just ignore them.  :D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 07:29:18 AM »
Seeing a lot more HO attempts on the second merge...which is kinda shadey because they get you thinking it will be a clean fight (like in the DA) on the initial merge just to shoot you in the face in the second....they always have tracers turned off as well which is gamey to me when it comes to HO.

If it's getting to you the next time someone takes an HO shot just get an alt advantage and start BnZing them....they will call you boring and lame but it will make them not have their favorite shot (and a lot of times the only shot they have at killing you)

Being HOed, Picked, Ganged, ect ect...in the end they are pretty much admitting they can't kill you 1v1 so no need to get mad.

As far as this situation....need the film, only way to see it...maybe the N1k had angles but saw HO coming so he pulled away from HO just to get shot front quarter.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »

As far as this situation....need the film, only way to see it...maybe the N1k had angles but saw HO coming so he pulled away from HO just to get shot front quarter.

That's what it looks like to me. The Nik pulled right to avoid a HO and then the other plane got the front quarter shot position. This is a risk for the Nik obviously. If the other plane missed, the Nik could have used it to gain the advantage. That's the whole purpose of avoiding the HO, which I highly recommend. The other plane was able to get the shot and that's just good aiming and or good luck on his part.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion