Author Topic: Can we count on ah3 adds to bring people in?  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
Can we count on ah3 adds to bring people in?
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:21:37 AM »
I sure hope so. I remember reading a reply to a post somewhere from a player that's been playing for 10+ years that this is an on and off thing and it will level out soon enough. Then another post saying that we should be optimistic to just how long people will stay on after ah3 goes live. Not trying to stir the pot here guys but like many of you it has me curious of what will happen when it does go live. Hopefully IL see many of you that have or will be pulling the plug back on or at least see new players soon. There is no other fight sim/game as damage or physic accurate that is as unique as this one. I just wish we could see more players to enjoy it and hopefully soon. :salute

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Can we count on ah3 adds to bring people in?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 12:37:38 AM »
the guys that keep posting m3 suppliers and large maps have no idea  :rolleyes:

save your time and ask the guys that know better

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:22:08 AM »
If you can market to MTV, comedy Central, AMC, and Fox news, I bet you would see a tremendous amount of new players. They got that phone game commercial now with Arnold going around, and I bet they have made a fortune off those commercials. It's all about the channels you can market to. I think it's the reason why the military channel didn't work so well, not a lot of people watched it. I think if you can get millions and millions to view your commercial. It will make an impact.

Then it all comes down to how badass you make the commercial look

If you posted some YouTube commercials, that would possibly help.

I know it's all expensive as hell, but I think a massive marketing campaign would help AH3 immensely.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 11:38:36 AM »
Don't forget the fact that the new 'Band of Brothers' based on the 8th AF coming out sometime next year. I feel It will reignite interest in this genre like the original series did for the Allied paratroopers. Best we can hope for is effective advertising during this time or the World of Warplanes will become the sole beneficiary.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 02:52:34 PM »
If you can market to MTV, comedy Central, AMC, and Fox news, I bet you would see a tremendous amount of new players. They got that phone game commercial now with Arnold going around, and I bet they have made a fortune off those commercials. It's all about the channels you can market to. I think it's the reason why the military channel didn't work so well, not a lot of people watched it. I think if you can get millions and millions to view your commercial. It will make an impact.

I know it's all expensive as hell, but I think a massive marketing campaign would help AH3 immensely.
I agree. YouTube commercials help a lot and have marketing options to cater to budget. The option to skip the add or not and of course duration. I'm not sure if they still do what other free websights do and that is have ad windows somewhere on the websight. A lot of people are even taking to apps. Making people watch a game trailer or have add windows until they pay the .99 for the premium version of the app game. The history channel commercial is what got me on but your right not a lot of people watch it anymore and me including because of repeats and the fact that the channel that modern Marvel's used to play on a lot has been sold to vice  :rofl. But we can still thank how out community turned out because of it. But there are also radio adds which popular or not iv seen used effectively by one of my competitors. Another tactic the company I worked for and has done is to set up a booth and have some real interaction. If you get an easy up and dark it out then put a cheap surround sound system and a projector in it with a PC and some flight controls. Then let people play a staged mission on aces high in an airshow for free you would have a line out to the funnel cake truck. We did it with paintball guns and offered a 5 off coupon at a baseball game. The traffic afterwards was enormous...

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »
the guys that keep posting m3 suppliers and large maps have no idea  :rolleyes:

save your time and ask the guys that know better

Go eat some cheese and beer  :)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 02:59:50 PM »
People would play if they knew it existed. But on this side of the pond ive not met anyone that have heard of the game...
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
I don't think conventional ad buys will be effective. (but what do I know?) A new 2 weeker trying out AH3 with his mouse after seeing an overpromising TV add is going to log. AH has to embrace the fact that it is increasingly niche and has to target that niche and people who will become that niche. How? I don't know.  More than once we have read people saying "I never heard of it" or similar in connection with AH, to me this means not just that they never heard of it but that they are interested but never heard of it and are surprised that they never heard of it. That sounds like a demand for social media and all that crap. It is what it is and I think that is where AH has to go. If I google "combat flight simulator" I want a high quality ah video that seems like it was produced by a player on the first page, something that makes me interested. The name Aces High 3 is a stumbling block, I have no idea what you do about that. I like the name fine but google Aces High and see what you get. Hitech seems to be considering waronline as substitute for hihtechcreations which might be an improvement, its easier to spell, shorter, and more related to the game, but I think takes away from the flying perfection.

Joysticks, what do you do about joysticks? More to the point how to you get a 2 weeker to try the game with a joystick?
Pies not kicks.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »
fwiw with the oculus the joystick of choice is a x-box controller.  i would guess hi tec is doing his part.

If you show a add of me getting shot up and laying limp in my oculus cockpit i bet some peeps come in.  :x

byw, i just played for 30 minutes and had a blast  :neener:

best fight was 1 on 1  :rofl

:old:

:airplane:

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 04:23:53 PM »
People would play if they knew it existed. But on this side of the pond ive not met anyone that have heard of the game...

If you're talking totally new players to flight sims I'm with you, but I'm not sure I buy that players in War Thunder or Il2 have never heard of this. 

How many of us have never heard of them?  If you fly for any length of time and have vox or text capabilities or visit a forum, it's going to be mentioned.  They just aren't leaving those games to join this one for whatever reason.

Hopefully when they hear about AH3 they'll come check it out and hopefully it will have something to get them to join that AH2 did not.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 04:29:38 PM »

That phone game is fraudulent as it says play free now. It is not free. Many games do the same thing. No game is free. The ones that say free are usually the most expensive.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 07:45:05 PM »
I don't think conventional ad buys will be effective. (but what do I know?) A new 2 weeker trying out AH3 with his mouse after seeing an overpromising TV add is going to log. AH has to embrace the fact that it is increasingly niche and has to target that niche and people who will become that niche. How? I don't know.  More than once we have read people saying "I never heard of it" or similar in connection with AH, to me this means not just that they never heard of it but that they are interested but never heard of it and are surprised that they never heard of it. That sounds like a demand for social media and all that crap. It is what it is and I think that is where AH has to go. If I google "combat flight simulator" I want a high quality ah video that seems like it was produced by a player on the first page, something that makes me interested. The name Aces High 3 is a stumbling block, I have no idea what you do about that. I like the name fine but google Aces High and see what you get. Hitech seems to be considering waronline as substitute for hihtechcreations which might be an improvement, its easier to spell, shorter, and more related to the game, but I think takes away from the flying perfection.

Joysticks, what do you do about joysticks? More to the point how to you get a 2 weeker to try the game with a joystick?
Can't tell you how many times I get lazy and type aceshigh only to have ironmaden come up.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 07:51:24 PM »
That phone game is fraudulent as it says play free now. It is not free. Many games do the same thing. No game is free. The ones that say free are usually the most expensive.

I don't play that crap, but the point is, I sure as hell know about it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 07:55:25 PM »
I don't play that crap, but the point is, I sure as hell know about it.
Ditto. It's on TV, YouTube, even other apps