Author Topic: Beta engine sound wish  (Read 638 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Beta engine sound wish
« on: July 21, 2016, 12:20:16 PM »
Please make a setting so we can hear the engine sounds as they were in ah2.

The pitch change was better than only a volume change.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Beta engine sound wish
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »
You or some one else can now do that yourself with FMod.

HiTech

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:52:22 PM »
Thanks?

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »
You or some one else can now do that yourself with FMod.

HiTech
:airplane: Why not make Mitsu sound pack, default for game? All of his sounds are from the real aircraft, what better could you ask for?
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2016, 07:36:06 PM »
Please make a setting so we can hear the engine sounds as they were in ah2.

The pitch change was better than only a volume change.

There is still a pitch change but it's from rpm now. The throttle doesn't change the rpm with a fixed pitch prop. You will hear it change with speed as you get very slow or very fast.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 12:32:13 PM by BuckShot »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 01:09:15 PM »
Opps left a word out. You will also hear it change with speed as you get very slow or very fast.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2016, 01:34:13 PM »
Opps left a word out. You will also hear it change with speed as you get very slow or very fast.

You also hear changes as the the plane changes acceleration, I.E. start climbing or start diving do to governor lag. When i added this I was amazed how much difference it made to my perception of matching a real plane.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »
You also hear changes as the the plane changes acceleration, I.E. start climbing or start diving do to governor lag. When i added this I was amazed how much difference it made to my perception of matching a real plane.

HiTech

I noticed the AH3 aircraft don't depart like the AH2 aircraft in a zoom climb snap roll. I'm thinking that's also from the change in the prop/thrust modeling.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 02:05:33 PM »
I noticed the AH3 aircraft don't depart like the AH2 aircraft in a zoom climb snap roll. I'm thinking that's also from the change in the prop/thrust modeling.

Check if you have the stall limiter on. The ONLY change we have made regarding flight modeling was fixing a bug in how long wep was available.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2016, 03:04:42 PM »
I don't have the stall limiter on. That's why I'm thinking it's the prop model change, it's the only change I know of.

I'll compare power off departures after work, presumable they will be the same. I didn't compare fixed pitch props yet either.

So far the F4U-1A, P-47M, and Bf-109F, all behave differently at full power compared to AH2.

I'm not complaining about it, just curious.  :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:16:45 PM by FLS »

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2016, 01:47:25 AM »

I've noticed this as well....but my read on this is due to the Beta software making much better use of our system's resources vs AHII and the many graphs of my system's performance using MSI Afterburner running the 2 clearly showed me this even though my vid card is clearly having to process much more graphics work w\ the Beta vs AHII as noted thru the amount of mem used to process them. The post processing graphics rendering capability of the Beta is 1 of the many improvements that is actually unloading my GPU by taking advantage of the large shader core capacity on my Fury X and since the graphics card is doing all the graphics work w\ the Beta this also unloads the CPU to handle the instruction side more effectively so all aspects of the Beta will benefit vs AHII, IMHO.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2016, 02:59:45 PM »
Are we perceiving a difference from our stick inputs now that our GPU is processing graphics leaving our CPU to process I\O without the overhead of processing graphics?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.