Author Topic: Where is everyone??  (Read 3298 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Where is everyone??
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 12:38:04 PM »
I'm pulling the plug after this month.  Shades and Changeup.  Had fun fellas. <S>
sad, I haven't played since May, haven't had a drive to play... I'm about to pull my shades out and then keep Joach1m running. I'll be back playing when college classes start.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2016, 12:38:18 PM »
LOL

OK so there wasn't anyone to shoot at...there was just swarms of rooks and nits attacking us at A11 for the entire time I was on...I was there I saw it...I saw rudeboi there too...and there was a fairly good size ground battle going on

The numbers were mid to upper 40s for each side the entire time I was on...

Just because you can't find the fight you want doesn't mean there was no one on playing...

Hell I had 5 squaddies on...the 162 PHs had more than that...the 56th had 4 or 5 guys on....i look at the roster and see who is on quite often....don't think that you can convolute the numbers of people that were actually playing during that timeframe with your bias

Also don't think that all those playing are on the boards defending themselves from people that say the game isn't fun anymore with low numbers

Someone's a little sensitive lol

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2016, 12:39:54 PM »
Also don't think that all those playing are on the boards defending themselves from people that say the game isn't fun anymore with low numbers

Why would they have to 'defend' themselves?  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2016, 12:52:47 PM »
And maybe nobody wants to admit an interest in the U.S. presidential race?

Just askin'.

:salute

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »
LOL

OK so there wasn't anyone to shoot at...there was just swarms of rooks and nits attacking us at A11 for the entire time I was on...I was there I saw it...I saw rudeboi there too...and there was a fairly good size ground battle going on

The numbers were mid to upper 40s for each side the entire time I was on...

Just because you can't find the fight you want doesn't mean there was no one on playing...

Hell I had 5 squaddies on...the 162 PHs had more than that...the 56th had 4 or 5 guys on....i look at the roster and see who is on quite often....don't think that you can convolute the numbers of people that were actually playing during that timeframe with your bias

yep it was really fun. 1oldcoot was there and I had some good fights. Gp5 and a few other sticks were there also. It wasn't bad at all until buffs took down our hangars and we got horded. Other than that it was a good 1 hour of fights.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »
I find it hard to believe that with the hundreds of millions of people with computers and internet connections that there aren't a few hundred who would go for an AH lost weekend of game play for a few years. I assume that those people just don't know about it.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2016, 03:28:38 PM »
There was a time when the leet sticks controlled the airspace but they helped you get better and that activity made you want to get better.  On vox and on squad BBS Grizz, Kappa, Fester, Batfink and sooo many others would talk about actually slowing down purposely to reverse the very sweetheartrrrs that now claim to fly their aircraft in a manner befitting it's RL design.  Those guys are gone and what is left seems to be the I'll-play-my-way-no-matter-how-boring-I-make-this-game. 

Good yob.  Ya did it.  Some of  you fellas helped make it so boring, YOU are actually the excitement now.  But you'll never be able to do what the killer sticks did.  Ever. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2016, 03:53:02 PM »
Changeup, I agree however with something to add. It's never been about the graphics. The community IS the game, without it there is nothing. However they seem to be the vocal minority who get's their concerns heard there.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 04:34:20 PM »

Why would they have to 'defend' themselves?  :headscratch:

I should have said defend the playability of the game with low numbers

Someone's a little sensitive lol

Far from it...

I want countless newbs to shoot at just like lazer and junky...there are none anymore...I'm a fighter pilot too...I have been for going on 12 years now...I don't like the fact the game is dying just like the rest of you...

I want people to want to play... Not come here and drive more of them away with countless posts of drivel compelling them to leave by appealing to their own problems with the game...I said it in another post that it just takes a small push to finally get them over the edge and they quit too
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2016, 06:11:23 PM »
I should have said defend the playability of the game with low numbers

Far from it...

I want countless newbs to shoot at just like lazer and junky...there are none anymore...I'm a fighter pilot too...I have been for going on 12 years now...I don't like the fact the game is dying just like the rest of you...

I want people to want to play... Not come here and drive more of them away with countless posts of drivel compelling them to leave by appealing to their own problems with the game...I said it in another post that it just takes a small push to finally get them over the edge and they quit too
9PM to 11PM is primetime....you can't use that as part of your argument against the "there are no fights" party. Try putting yourself in a euro players shoes, I've actually had the experience of playing in the opposite timezone...so when I say the fights are lacking at times, my word should carry more weight then yours.

I do think Aces High has fights most of the time...but 4 things in my mind are what cause fights to stale or force one country to not have a fight at all.

1. Side switch time should be an hour
2. Certain large maps should be removed (FesterMA, ect ect) not ozkansas though that one has the best lay out to spawn fights IMO...also has a tank town
3. M3 resupply is more of a go to defense then upping anything else.(cut effectiveness in half)
4. Man guns should only be enabled if VH is dead (they also shouldn't be able to be killed until VH is dead)

I got more hours in game then most these days and I spend a lot of time in custom arenas just messing around with arena settings. So when you say my posts are drivel...you are saying my 10 years and thousands of hours playing from all different timezones mean nothing....new gamer comes in here and sees that they might just not even try it out...don't you get on some high horse, you let Sawzaw rage PM people...think that keeps people playing???

OH and plenty of noobs around....they just shade under names like StarFox, Lonewolf, Ect ect ect :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2016, 06:13:30 PM »
Starfox = skyyr

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 06:16:01 PM »
tonight CET it was about 150 players, small map, and lots of action
<S> Bish for good fights against LD !
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 06:16:58 PM »
Starfox = skyyr
I agree...his flying style is too noticeable.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 07:12:50 PM »
Starfox = skyyr

If thats true he should be booted

Offline puller

• Gold Member