Author Topic: What's Your Dream Machine for AH?  (Read 863 times)

Offline MrSpanky

• Zinc Member
What's Your Dream Machine for AH?
« on: January 04, 2017, 08:40:23 PM »
I'm a little jealous of the beautiful films I see folks post.  Any recommendations for a system that could handle AH without any sacrifices?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: What's Your Dream Machine for AH?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
I play ah with very nice graphics on an 2500k with a 970 vc.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 09:16:56 PM »
$1000-1200 will get you a very capable rig to run AH on. Check out the software hardware threads on some of the builds these guys have done recently.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 02:05:35 AM »
If you really want to be the king of the heap, get this one: https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/92154/jimms-legen-king/jimm-s-legendary-king. The description is in Finnish, but I suppose the specs at the bottom half of the page are understandable enough.

As for the films... Remember the old joke about a computer nerd having died? If not: He went to Heaven to join all those winged guys play harp in their gowns... booooooring! So he asked for an audience with the boss of Down Below. Oh, there was some action! Wine, women and song, a really cool party going on all the time. So he relocated. Upon arrival he was given a shovel and was instructed to the coal heap. "As a computer guy you should've known better, of course it was a demo..."
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 04:21:13 AM »
If you really want to be the king of the heap, get this one: https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Show/92154/jimms-legen-king/jimm-s-legendary-king. The description is in Finnish, but I suppose the specs at the bottom half of the page are understandable enough.

As for the films... Remember the old joke about a computer nerd having died? If not: He went to Heaven to join all those winged guys play harp in their gowns... booooooring! So he asked for an audience with the boss of Down Below. Oh, there was some action! Wine, women and song, a really cool party going on all the time. So he relocated. Upon arrival he was given a shovel and was instructed to the coal heap. "As a computer guy you should've known better, of course it was a demo..."

Only 4x Titan X cards, eh?  :D

As for dream machines, I already have the parts waiting for me to put together when I get home from visiting family. Just have to get a few things from Alaska to Kentucky first  :aok

For AH and much more,
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/eskimojoe4269/saved/CDnLkL
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2017, 06:25:54 AM »
If your current computer CPU is a dual core 3Ghz CPU, or better, and the system has 8GB of system RAM, or more, then, chances are, all you need is a better video card.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 04:14:56 PM »
I think you hit the place of diminishing returns with the 1080 video card, maybe even the 1070, and any decent CPU for AH3.  I have a 1080 SLI system and the new TitanXP as well, and really the difference when using 1440p or 1080p high end LCD gaming monitors is about zilch with everyone maxed in AH3 offline testing.  1070 does pretty much the same as the 1080 for AH3 in the short time I had a 1070, and that was even before a lot of newer optimized versions of AH3.  I think a dream machine specifically for AH3 is any recent decent CPU/MB platform and a 1070.  For other games, and future higher res VR systems, sli Titans or 1080ti, a new 35" LCD that will do 144hz or better @4k, newer higher res Oculus Rift 2.0, and custom hotas stuff.

EskimoJoe, great little system, I ran that monitor before the Asus ROG Swift line came out, I had 3 of them for a couple years, and bought my first one the first week they came out. 144hz is IMO the best feature for gaming, better than Gsync, size, and every other "gaming" feature an LCD can have.  144/165+hz makes a massive difference over 60hz with all games, you'll see it right away yourself, and never want to go back.  Great monitor for the size and $. 

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 05:44:35 PM »
Agreed Gman, i have a 27" 144 benq and it was one of the best upgrades ive done.  Its hard to explain to someone who hasnt seen it .....best thing ive come up with is how much more fluid everything is.