Author Topic: Anyone ever bought from IZZI software?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Anyone ever bought from IZZI software?
« on: July 25, 2016, 03:51:33 PM »
I got .crypted in May and want to get a new copy of Win 7. I did find a cheap source but have never dealt with them before. Anyone have info or dealt wtih  IZZI software?
Wanted to get a copy of Win 7 Pro or Ultimate. They have Win 7 64 bit Ultimate for $59.99
http://izzisoftware.com/windows-7-ultimate-1pc-product-key-download/
Opinions?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Anyone ever bought from IZZI software?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 03:37:36 PM »
If you have a valid license sticker, you don't need to buy any new copy. Just download a new installation media directly from Microsoft using your existing installation code: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Another thing is, if you were using a pirated version when you got .crypted, they may not accept your code.

A relatively cheap way to get a valid license code is to get an abandoned computer with the relevant sticker. As long as you follow the spirit of "one computer, one license", Microsoft should be happy. It's against their EULA, but hey, have you ever heard anyone really giving away their first born child because of having accepted such agreement? And I suppose anyone selling valid copies of Win7 for that price are using abandoned stickers, copying the media from the source above.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 10:06:44 PM »
It was definitely a legit version of Win 7 but homebuilt by a friend and no sticker.
Good idea to check an abandoned rig to get a sticker. May have to visit a computer re-cycling center and check that out. I'll have to try again to get my code but I was 0 for 1 on the first attempt.

THANKS for the information. :aok

If you have a valid license sticker, you don't need to buy any new copy. Just download a new installation media directly from Microsoft using your existing installation code: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Another thing is, if you were using a pirated version when you got .crypted, they may not accept your code.

A relatively cheap way to get a valid license code is to get an abandoned computer with the relevant sticker. As long as you follow the spirit of "one computer, one license", Microsoft should be happy. It's against their EULA, but hey, have you ever heard anyone really giving away their first born child because of having accepted such agreement? And I suppose anyone selling valid copies of Win7 for that price are using abandoned stickers, copying the media from the source above.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline JTs

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 06:43:29 PM »
Google magic jelly bean. It can find your windows key on the hard drive

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:54:14 PM »
Google magic jelly bean. It can find your windows key on the hard drive

Just downloaded it. Kinda warm upstairs and the back is STIFF from flying but tomorrow I'll load this puppy and see how it works.
Thanks JTs <S>

added- guess I wanted the key more than I thought, Loaded it and I have my key  :x   :x   :x   
if we were near each other and I had food in my stomach I'd take you to a bar for a  :cheers:
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:00:08 PM by fuzeman »

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 02:54:40 AM »
Finding the current installation key with some program came into my mind, too, but since you said your friend had built the system using a legit key I was thinking he either used his own key or a generated one. In either case it would not fit in the spirit of the EULA: One key, one system. Especially the Ultimate systems are often cracked ones.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 10:46:25 AM »
Finding the current installation key with some program came into my mind, too, but since you said your friend had built the system using a legit key I was thinking he either used his own key or a generated one. In either case it would not fit in the spirit of the EULA: One key, one system. Especially the Ultimate systems are often cracked ones.

I trust the rig maker and you would too and I've eluded to who it was in other posts but don't want to blab here. I was told it was from a "now all used up" 100 keys corporate disc and believe it. Visiting microshaft sometime to get a non-corrupted version soon.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »
I'm no private eye hired by M$ and if yours was a corporate key from an underused bunch I'm OK with that. And in that case it should be OK to use the same key for a reinstall, too. Note that you'll need a corporate edition installation media to be able to use that key. Hopefully the download site has no issues with that.

The only problem with such keys is that if the license says 100 keys for 50 or so employees, it can easily spread to every cousin's godfather's namesake among other distant relatives which soon will overrun the paid amount. Such cases exist and the keys are locked.

If your key appears to be blacklisted or you can't download the corporate installation media because of other reasons, getting an abandoned sticker will work, the only "issue" being that you'd be limited to either Home Premium or Pro.

Kotisivuni

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 03:04:08 AM »
I'm no private eye hired by M$ and if yours was a corporate key from an underused bunch I'm OK with that. And in that case it should be OK to use the same key for a reinstall, too. Note that you'll need a corporate edition installation media to be able to use that key. Hopefully the download site has no issues with that.

The only problem with such keys is that if the license says 100 keys for 50 or so employees, it can easily spread to every cousin's godfather's namesake among other distant relatives which soon will overrun the paid amount. Such cases exist and the keys are locked.

If your key appears to be blacklisted or you can't download the corporate installation media because of other reasons, getting an abandoned sticker will work, the only "issue" being that you'd be limited to either Home Premium or Pro.

Bizman, it is I that Fuzeman is referring to, and I have him backed 100%

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 03:20:55 AM »
I want to add to the above post, I 've known fuzeman since AW, and I have built and gave away 17 computers to other AH players since 2009.........

I honestly can not say what those other players have done, or if they even tried to use the corporate key I had a 100 issued uses for, but I haven't had any trouble yet and I also have warned Fuseman of what you spoke of and told him, I will cover it.......the key was last used some 3 to 4 years ago..... there is no way I know if the key is locked, all I know is I had to call MS the last time when I got crypted, and did a fresh install, I passed this along to Fuzeman, and also told him I would cover it, if he had any problems

His PC was built around 2011/2012.....

TC

edited for a typo
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 03:31:35 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 04:09:39 AM »
Thanks for making things clear, TC. I've never thought about the idea of getting a volume license for building numerous computers for users who aren't employed to the license owner. And the Honest Harry within me is happy about the license not being overrun.  :cheers:

Kotisivuni

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 10:31:19 AM »
Apologies for keeping the water as muddy as possible, just didn't feel right to drop the name, although I'd refereed to his kind act before in other posts.