Author Topic: Beta 34 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 34 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: July 26, 2016, 02:56:28 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 34 DX11 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
Re: Beta 34 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 10:01:21 PM »
Tested with rift cv1

Tank sight is great! Can see everything now.

Finally figured out the mouse gui left button. The assignment only works in VR mode. I still do not understand what the mouse gui toggle command does. I mapped it to a button but did not see any difference when it was pushed? Please provide a explanation of what it should do.

A bug with the mouse gui is that it quits working after quitting to the start clipboard. The clipboard cannot be zoomed and it is lower and if the mouse is used to drag it up it comes up at an angle so it really gets hard to see.

HiTech is there a way to map the mouse wheel so it could be used for scrolling? Maybe with a rotary encoder or a command for scroll up and down?

I think the implementation of VR is really good and is playable as is as the above are small issues.

I flew the p38 for the first time in VR tonight and it was spectacular!! I know it's been said a hundred times but you just have to see it to understand how great it is.

Terry

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 09:47:25 AM »
Tested with rift cv1

Tank sight is great! Can see everything now.

Finally figured out the mouse gui left button. The assignment only works in VR mode. I still do not understand what the mouse gui toggle command does. I mapped it to a button but did not see any difference when it was pushed? Please provide a explanation of what it should do.

A bug with the mouse gui is that it quits working after quitting to the start clipboard. The clipboard cannot be zoomed and it is lower and if the mouse is used to drag it up it comes up at an angle so it really gets hard to see.

HiTech is there a way to map the mouse wheel so it could be used for scrolling? Maybe with a rotary encoder or a command for scroll up and down?

I think the implementation of VR is really good and is playable as is as the above are small issues.

I flew the p38 for the first time in VR tonight and it was spectacular!! I know it's been said a hundred times but you just have to see it to understand how great it is.

Terry

Mouse GUI Toggle.

It only functions when the mouse is the primary controller. I.E. Roll and Pitch are mapped to the mouse.
Then  is switches between the mouse controlling your plane vs choosing stuff in the gui.
It mainly allows you to fly with a mouse with the clip board up.

The Mouse Wheel does scroll list boxes (you need to click on them first) . What and how are you trying to scroll?

A bug with the mouse gui is that it quits working after quitting to the start clipboard.

Not sure what you are describing?

The clipboard cannot be zoomed and it is lower and if the mouse is used to drag it up it comes up at an angle so it really gets hard to see.

The + and - buttons on the top right of the Clip board function fine for me in vr mode. After entering tower press Ctrl F4 (centers head) can you then move it away from you?

The gui is designed to all ways keep the clip board facing you. I may change the default center position of the clip board to be a bit higher.

HiTech

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 12:22:00 PM »

The Mouse Wheel does scroll list boxes (you need to click on them first) . What and how are you trying to scroll?

Not sure what you are describing?

Sorry not very clear. What I wish for is never having to touch the mouse after entering VR mode. You have options now for the buttons and mouse movement via your head but to use the scroll wheel function you still need to use the mouse for that. I use a trackball and if I am not very careful while in VR mode I will move the on screen cursor outside of the AH VR window which makes the dot disappear in VR. If I remove headset and move cursor back into the AH window and click, it reappeares in VR?

The + and - buttons on the top right of the Clip board function fine for me in vr mode. After entering tower press Ctrl F4 (centers head) can you then move it away from you?

It works fine for me as well in VR mode before I hit quit which brings up the clipboard with go online, go offline practice, video setting etc.. The gui mouse button quits working on this screen/clipboard and the +/- buttons nor ctrl F4 work. You can see the clipboard and drag to move it and if you can get your head low enough to highlight the menu items they work via mouse click. If you drag it much you are almost looking at it edge on?

The gui is designed to all ways keep the clip board facing you. I may change the default center position of the clip board to be a bit higher.

HiTech

Sorry I got my reply mixed in the quote part? I hope you can make sense of it.
Terry
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 12:25:38 PM by terrydew »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »
The screen will go to black instead of back to a quit arena menu after choosing quit from the Greebo Map.  This was one incidence that I am reporting but the occurrence has been sporadic but ongoing.  Once screen was black Alt + F4 did resolve the issue back to the desktop.

Another similar bug, has just popped up in the last patch or two.  While playing on Greebo Map, for no apparent reason the screen will freeze and you will hear the environment sounds continue as if you were still in flight.  I am able to resolve the issue with alt + tab to desktop and then open the beta icon running in the task manager.