Author Topic: Beta 36/37 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2958 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 36/37 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: July 28, 2016, 12:44:37 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 37 DX11 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:41:18 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Beta 36 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »
The crash to desktop still occurring when right clicking clipboard map and trying to use mouse to change settings like turning off vehicle spawn points

reproduced error twice in the DX9 version and once in the DX 11 version of Beta Patch 36

Auto Import of AH2 settings seems to be working good in both versions DX 9 and DX 11, on my PC anyhow   Win 8.1 Pro

hope this helps

TC  ( sorry for double post, but it happens in both DX versions )
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
The crash to desktop still occurring when right clicking clipboard map and trying to use mouse to change settings like turning off vehicle spawn points

reproduced error twice in the DX9 version and once in the DX 11 version of Beta Patch 36

Auto Import of AH2 settings seems to be working good in both versions DX 9 and DX 11, on my PC anyhow   Win 8.1 Pro

hope this helps

TC  ( sorry for double post, but it happens in both DX versions )

Duplicated.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 02:32:18 PM »
To add:

It is happening both in the online arena  Greebo's CraterMA terrain and also in offline practice for both DX versions, confirmed by checking twice each DX version offline as well

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »
The bug has to do with simply hovering over that dialog/popup.  We have a fix and are prepping a release for it now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beta 36/37 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 04:17:56 PM »
Alt-Tab has no response at all, nothing in DX11 Beta 37 version.............tried it 2 to 3 times online in both versions to confirm

is working perfect in DX9

TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 04:24:00 PM »
I cannot duplicate that.  Works in both DX9 and DX11 here.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 04:27:25 PM »
I cannot duplicate that.  Works in both DX9 and DX11 here.

false alarm..... I just reloaded the DX11 version and it seems to be working fine.... strange...

do you think it was because I was switching between versions so fast? or heck, I don't know....it is working fine now though...

TC

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 05:47:56 PM »
ALT-TAB is working for me in DX11 now, however if I ALT-TAB out, I don't see the window in the middle of the desktop that shows running applications and allows you to switch between them.  If I go back into AH and ALT-TAB out again, then I will see this popup window in the middle of the desktop.  Seems to work correctly in the DX9 version though.

If you are in game and ALT-TAB to the desktop, right clicking on AH3's application button in the taskbar brings up a menu - but if you select "Close Window" in this popup, it takes you right back into the game.  If you Quit the game from the clipboard menu, but stay at the arena selection menu on the clipboard, THEN "Close Window" on the taskbar application button menu works correctly.   Maybe this is correct operation for an application running in full screen, instead of windowed mode?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:06:54 PM by oboe »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 06:34:24 PM »
Oboe, while Alt-Tab'ing out of the DX11 version, I also didn't have that little icon in the middle of my screen/desktop, but it was in the taskbar, just like it works in AH2 right now....

I do get the icon in the middle of my screen, alt-Tab'ing out of DX9 version, but it also has it showing in the taskbar...just like AH2 and AH3 beta patch 37

Edit: I can do both just hit alt-tab and be right back in the game or I can left mouse click on it on my taskbar and be right back in...

Hope this helps

TC
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 06:38:18 PM by TequilaChaser »

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
crash to desktop trying to spawn in from v26 in AVA.

Spawned successfully several times 'east' from V26 towards Knight V-base for Thursday night in the AVA. Got killed and tried to respawn and crashed to desktop when selecting "E" "W" or "H."
Happened in both DX 11 and DX 9 (patch 37). Gave up.
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2016, 08:47:42 PM »
I could not download the new update, tried several times. rebooted, computer. it was running, but it locked up the game. ended up downloading the whole game and coming in that way. once I did that everthing was fine

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2016, 11:10:50 AM »
To move your cursor over the menu it says to use the  "None" key.  My keyboard does not have one.   :O :frown:
Or maybe I just don't see it.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2016, 11:12:58 AM »
To move your cursor over the menu it says to use the  "None" key.  My keyboard does not have one.   :O :frown:
Or maybe I just don't see it.

:salute

It says "None" as you do not have the key mapped to the command.  Hmmm.  I wonder if that gets stomped on when we do the conversion of the AH2 settings?

It is a new command in AH3.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2016, 12:24:02 PM »
I did import my AH2 settings. :headscratch:
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)