Author Topic: Beta 36/37 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 36/37 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: July 28, 2016, 12:44:41 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 37 DX9 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 03:41:35 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Beta 36 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »
The crash to desktop still occurring when right clicking clipboard map and trying to use mouse to change settings like turning off vehicle spawn points

reproduced error twice in the DX9 version and once in the DX 11 version of Beta Patch 36

Auto Import of AH2 settings seems to be working good in both versions DX 9 and DX 11, on my PC anyhow   Win 8.1 Pro

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 02:20:52 PM »
The crash to desktop still occurring when right clicking clipboard map and trying to use mouse to change settings like turning off vehicle spawn points

reproduced error twice in the DX9 version and once in the DX 11 version of Beta Patch 36

Auto Import of AH2 settings seems to be working good in both versions DX 9 and DX 11, on my PC anyhow   Win 8.1 Pro

hope this helps

TC

Duplicated.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »
To add:

It is happening both in the online arena  Greebo's CraterMA terrain and also in offline practice for both DX versions, confirmed by checking twice each DX version offline as well

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 02:46:28 PM »
The bug has to do with simply hovering over that dialog/popup.  We have a fix and are prepping a release for it now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
Re: Beta 36/37 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 03:41:53 PM »
Release done.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »
Typo in the link. I changed it to 37 and it worked.

"http://downloads.hitechcreations.com/AHBT035THRU033.EXE"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2016, 04:05:30 PM »
Fixed.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 07:19:57 PM »
I have a problem when i get into an arena the game goes all bright with distorted colors after the latest patch i am not sure if its because i selected yes when i it asked if i would like to bring settings over to the Beta
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2016, 10:04:24 PM »
I have a problem when i get into an arena the game goes all bright with distorted colors after the latest patch i am not sure if its because i selected yes when i it asked if i would like to bring settings over to the Beta

Is it possible that your video.cfg file that was brought/transferred over from your AH2 settings may have become corrupted? Might try deleting it out of the AH beta settings folder then login to the game and the game will automatically recreate a new one for you....you will just need to reset your graphics settings to your desired liking

Please correct me if it doesn't work like this anymore, like it use to

TC

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
Has been a while... Successfully downloaded and installed 30 to 33, 33 to 34, 34 to 35 and 35 to 37 with the game updater. Also imported my settings.

Greebo's CraterMA, A5, HE111H, default settings: Tower 33 fps, Field in cockpit 32 fps, in-flight in cockpit 43 FPS.

Partially cloudy, nice floats of altocumulus (?). Single clouds/cloud squares in the edge of the cloud mass jerked.

Bombed A28 town. The houses were shining in the sunlight. They were also flickering a lot. The flickering was more obvious when zoomed through the bomb sight. Both the houses and gun pits did that.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
Scenario: Updated with patch and chose option to import AH2 settings. Didn't like results for controller settings. Pretty sure it was something I had done in AH2. Decided to start over and not import settings.

Uninstalled AH3 and downloaded/installed full version 37 choosing not to import settings.

Now when starting online or offline game and sometimes when selecting vehicles/planes/guns in the hangar get single or multiple file errors for files with extension .pw1 in the settings folder (screenshots attached).

Uninstalled and installed AH3 3 times with same result.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:07:20 PM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 07:02:43 AM »
made a film in last night's combat challenge.

Edited it down to just the fighting and saved it. It plays back for about 5 seconds and then crashes.
Unhandled exception at 0x0048A8D1 in ahfilm.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000000F8.

Unedited films work just fine.  Also when you first open the film viewer, before you do anything, it's playing sounds like the hanger..

Also vox names aren't showing up on film playback, can't tell who's talking.

Also didn't see how long 50% gas would get me in the hanger, was flying Japanese planes for Combat Challenge. So just took 50% and hoped for the best.  I was able to check it on EB6 after takeoff. I flew the Ki43 and the Ki61
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 07:12:34 AM by Kanth »
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »
I have used DX9 and 11.   In both venues even though I've finished dloading 51 skins 109s and spits, then dloading B17s everytime I've logged on my downloading of skins started with p51d_8.res has arrived, the 27.res then 29.res then I start to dload other skins. I have no idea what this means.  Just wanted to mention this.  This has happened on each of the last 4 times I've logged into BETA when dloading skins automatically.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 12:38:20 PM »
Still no "reload" sound for the Cruiser 8" guns or the Shore Battery. 17 lb.er and 88's okay.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76