Author Topic: OK what's going on, what's really going on?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: OK what's going on, what's really going on?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 10:53:10 AM »
Very well said. 

I'll add one suggestion:  Start posting about AH in other combat flight sim forums.  I frequent pretty much all of them, and I can only recall reading a handful of posts about Aces High over the years.  This game has a lot going for it that can and will attract players from other games, but only if they know about it. 

Yesterday I mistakenly placed a post in this subforum that belonged elsewhere.  One player responded in a negative fashion then preceded to challenge if I am spreading the word about Aces High.   This puzzled me.  Why ask me this question?   I'm the potential subscriber!  Instead of asking me, try turning the question around:  What have YOU done to spread the word?  Do YOU post in other flight sim forums about Aces High?

I take in new players into our squad and teach them the ropes of the game....and I have been doing that for the past about 5 years...before that the squad I was in we all helped the new players that were brought in...I've been playing this game since 2005...I have helped plenty of new players...I have had some of my friends join the game

I am not going to another forum that I have no ties to and spamming OUR game on THEIR forum...not gonna happen...because I don't want to be the one that's asked "why are you here if you don't play our game"

I had a long post replying to your reply to me yesterday...but I deleted it out of respect for you...but your starting to annoy me...I've done plenty to help this game along...

I could go play those free games...I choose not too...I would rather spend 15 bucks a month to play a real game...

I bring new players to FSO with us, I take new players to the DA with us to teach them, we wing with new players to teach them SA...I do plenty...and my squad has done plenty...

Now before I get rule #'ed I'm gonna shut up...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 11:32:15 AM »
I did not challenge what you have done to help your community. You seem to think this is some personal attack.  It isn't.   I challenged what members of this community are doing to get the word out to other communities.  That is all.

You also seem to be under the impression that other forums don't allow or frown on discussions about other sims.  That just isn't the case. Check out the ATAG forum as an example.  We have a very large and active community that discusses MANY different sims. So why wouldn't members of this community want to use it and others like it as vehicles for getting the word out.

The online air combat community is interested in air combat.  This is a good air combat game.  Get the word out.  That's all I am saying.

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 09:26:11 AM »
Mostly this now days: .... the rest of the board members simply lurk .......although prefer a cup of tea with a splash of honey and milk in the mornings over coffee.  :D
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 10:34:03 AM »
Mostly this now days: .... the rest of the board members simply lurk .......although prefer a cup of tea with a splash of honey and milk in the mornings over coffee.  :D

:D

hey HL117, have you augered anytime lately, trying to shoot down any C-47s carrying troops, where the player/flyer thinks they're a fighter pilezit?..... :old:  :D

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 01:49:22 PM »
I wish, haven't been able to play lately, moved, new house, have to build a simpit area, soon though, can't wait, sneaky goon drivers are the worst, should be banned to above 5k , 😁

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!