Author Topic: advanced sound tab  (Read 805 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: advanced sound tab
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 12:42:36 PM »
(Holds up hand)  I did have my own engine sounds turned down low so I could hear enemy engines as they approached to help with my situational awareness.

That does not work however when you encounter a sneaky bastage in a 262 come zooming in on you with his engine off (Holds up hand again)  :x

*quietly holds up hand on both counts and sidles off to the side*  To be precise, it was mostly a side-effect of having radio maxed and not particularly enjoying maxed engine noise to be able to hear the radio.  Apparently that makes it ok, right?

Being able to hear external engine sounds over your engine in planes like these seems a wee bit silly to me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: advanced sound tab
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 06:30:40 AM »
Ah3 has a lot of individual adjustments like engine and so forth.  OP which ones are you missing the most?

I want all the sound adjustability that the current game has.  Not just groups of sounds, like in the AH3 sound tab.

To have the most realism, leave the engine on at full blast and turn all the other sounds down.  You could probably hear your own guns, but you wouldn't hear flaps, gear, wind or enemy planes.  I don't want to listen to the racket of the engine blasting my ears out, so I turn it down, along with outside engine sounds. 

Some may turn up enemy engine sounds for a gamey advantage, but you can already do that in AH3, as those sounds are separate from your engine.  Not sure why everything else is in groups, but engines are distinct.  I would be fine with all engines controlled by one volume setting.

But the sounds of wind and gear and flaps, etc. make up for what this game can't give us - the feel of those things.  The vibrations, the sensations of speed, g forces, acceleration and deceleration.  Just like icons compensate for the diminished vision a computer screen provides, compared to real life. 
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 06:34:52 AM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."