Author Topic: Whats new in AHIII compared to AHII  (Read 1979 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
Whats new in AHIII compared to AHII
« on: August 08, 2016, 01:18:33 PM »
I have found two new items in AHIII that did not exist in AHII.
1. You can shoot down squad or team mates.
2. You can keep your view OUTSIDE your aircraft st all times.

SO, HOW MANY NEW FEATURES ARE THERE?  IS THERE A LIST SOMEWHERE?

Thanks,
KIMOSABE

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Whats new in AHIII compared to AHII
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 01:26:05 PM »
Sorry to say, but the features you listed are for testing purposes only.

There's new features, but I don't know if they've been listed anywhere. Among those are, and I suppose they will remain in the final version, all the new type arenas like 1 vs. 1, mission arena etc. Not to mention an entirely new game engine, new field layouts, new shorelines, new sound system, new trees system...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:27:55 PM »
1 is called killshooter and will no doubt be turned ON when it goes live. 
2 I would imagine forced cockpit will also.

As for new things that aren't really advertised.  Every base layout has changed, so war winners will have to get their heads around exactly where stuff is and how it effects base captures.   Good spots for defending etc. 

Towns are now MUCH bigger from the ground perspective.  The trees will make life difficult for GVers, more close in / ambush fighting will be required.

The icons displaying buff/fighter will give tower sitters more warning as to what to expect and prepare their sortie accordingly / hopefully they will take off before the enemy gets over their base.   They wont then need to sit in a wirb/soft gun or cry that their base is being vulched.  Improving Air to Air combat.

So all in all we have alot to learn, but the underlying FUN of dogfighting in all of those lovely fighter planes will be very much the same with the extra detailing.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 01:49:29 PM »
This is beta so killshooter is off for testing purposes.

1. - battleship
2. - new Ki61 3d object
3. - updated cockpits.
4. - new airfeilds, two versions of the large feild.
5. - new cv and destoryer 3d objects.
6. - new GV bases, three of them.
7. - new HQ and strat objects.
8. - new AAA base object with 63 AI 88 to protect the HQ. Two are placed next to the HQ.
9. - new terrain tiles and clutter tiles.
10. - ground level wind blowing moving flags, clutter and tree branches.
11. - new shore battery object.
12. - new town object.
13. - new cloud editor, check out the clouds in the beta CraterMA.
14. - new FMOD sound system and sounds. How sounds respond to physical flight and engine states has been modified.
15. - DX9 and DX11 support. DX11 for VR gear.

We tested a capture the flag system and a steal the sheep system along with an AI mission system that had an 8th AAF mission with several hundred aircraft over germany. You can see most of this by installing the beta and running around offline on NDisles or online at CraterMA.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »
The "battleship" is showing 8" guns instead of the 16" ( or 14'' and 15'') of which some of the early ships had. Also, will the range of the battleship guns be increased to 20 to 24 mile range ?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 04:19:25 PM »
Waffle pulled the object off the maps after we tested it. You are seeing the cruiser. The object is still in the object menu when you are in the terrain editor.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Los18z

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2016, 09:59:37 PM »
I have to say that right out of the box with no fuss the HTC Vive VR experience in AHIII beta is phenomenal. Its clearer even than war thunder and the lower resolution in spotting and fighting is not an issue. The terrain is nice and bright and the feeling of impressiveness is top notch. Love the carrier traps in vr mode. Well done guys!

Los

Offline GullGutz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dhcomputing.com
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 06:36:26 AM »
I like the aircraft outline in the radar circle as opposed to a square dot.  Also the tank outline of friendlies.   

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 06:13:34 PM »
I agree regarding VR compared to WT.  HTC has always done views/view systems better than everyone else, and this translates over to VR too IMO. 

Nice list Bustr, I wonder if there is any way to have an accurate and constantly updated list like that stickied, it's a pretty common question, and will become even more prevalent the closer to launch I think.  In terms of not just new players, but potential players that have heard of AH but not tried it, as well as former possibly returning players, it'd be nice to have an accurate list to point them towards, showing the changes, additions, improvements, and so on.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2016, 06:49:25 PM »
I agree regarding VR compared to WT.  HTC has always done views/view systems better than everyone else, and this translates over to VR too IMO. 

Nice list Bustr, I wonder if there is any way to have an accurate and constantly updated list like that stickied, it's a pretty common question, and will become even more prevalent the closer to launch I think.  In terms of not just new players, but potential players that have heard of AH but not tried it, as well as former possibly returning players, it'd be nice to have an accurate list to point them towards, showing the changes, additions, improvements, and so on.

1. - battleship
2. - new Ki61 3d object
3. - updated cockpits.
8. - new AAA base object with 63 AI 88 to protect the HQ. Two are placed next to the HQ.
12. - new town object.
14. - new FMOD sound system and sounds. How sounds respond to physical flight and engine states has been modified.
16. - radar mini icons instead of dots. Friend and foe fighter and bomber. Friend only tank and PT.
17. - in flight ability to bright\dim gunsight reticle.
18. - active pitch ladder and HUD with position able HUD readouts around the screen.
19. - automatic mouse control with commander mode inside of aircraft cockpits for new players.
20. - new post lighting effects for general reflections, surface sheen, shadows, canopy reflection distortions, and refractive blooms and star ray reflection points.
21. - canopy plex has micro scratches.
22. - enhanced haze layer.
23. - updated damage model and effects.
24. - individual list of destroyed objects and remaining down times as a right click drop down for every base on clip board maps. 
25. - updated content editors.
26. - new port object.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2016, 12:23:38 AM »
You left out the TBM. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2016, 12:51:40 AM »
Here are a few more.

Support for VR gear deserves its own prominent line near the top imo

Enhanced particle graphics for smoke, explosions and clouds
Vertices in the terrain mesh are now at 660' minimum.
Ground texture mapping includes finely detailed clutter plus bump mapping.
B-Splined shorelines at water bodies.
Night skys with real world star fields.
Enhanced abilities when skinning planes, ground vehicles and buildings

Didn't they add an new model Ki61?
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2016, 01:24:26 AM »
Bustr put it as #2 in his list. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2016, 02:49:31 AM »
bustr, you forgot the most important addition - new TBM 3D model!  :rock

OK, maybe not the most important...
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2016, 03:23:01 PM »
AAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead :bhead

1. - battleship
2. - new Ki61 3d object
3. - updated cockpits.
12. - new town object.
16. - radar mini icons instead of dots. Friend and foe fighter and bomber. Friend only tank and PT.
17. - in flight ability to bright\dim gunsight reticle.
18. - active pitch ladder and HUD with position able HUD readouts around the screen.
19. - automatic mouse control with commander mode inside of aircraft cockpits for new players.
20. - new post lighting effects for general reflections, surface sheen, shadows, canopy reflection distortions, and refractive blooms and star ray reflection points.
21. - canopy plex has micro scratches.
22. - enhanced haze layer.
23. - updated damage model and effects.
24. - individual list of destroyed objects and remaining down times as a right click drop down for every base on clip board maps.
25. - updated content editors.
26. - new port object.
27. - new TBM 3D model.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing