Author Topic: Beta 38 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 2377 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Beta 38 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: August 11, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 38 DX9 version of the Aces High III Beta.  Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Beta 38 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
NICE!!! A new map...pretty sure no one was tired of the first one :aok   No problems as of yet, but do have a question. No clouds? I was hoping that the cloud effects would be universal, they really added a sense of realness.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 11:26:36 AM »

The below was sent by Email with a DxDiag file attached.  I could not get it attached in the forum.  I was in the DX9 version when this happened.

On 11 August, while at V67 I selected a 17 pounder on the south east portion of the field.  Once there I tried to open the clip board and it would not open.  I had to hit the Alt Tab, open up Task Manager and then was able to end the “process”.  I did this on a few occasion.  While in the Gun, it would rotate, zoom in and fire, but I could not get the clip board to come up.

I did this again on the 12th, today, and the same thing happened.  One exception was the 88 mm gun.  When I restarted the game after trying the 17 pouunder, I was able to use the 88 mm and bring the clip board up and properly exit the program.

I did try, for about an hour, to get the dxdiag file attached to the message I was going to post in the forum.  I was unable to do so.

G Miller
Game Nam3e:  Icke1

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 11:31:30 AM »
Were you perchance zoomed in?

HiTech

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 11:36:29 AM »
Negative.  I had zoomed in to get better look at incoming aircraft, and then zoomed out.  I was trying to get the clipboard to come up to view radar.  Also, I just got out of the DX11 vesion and the same thing happened in the 17 pounder north west on field.  I also had an incident about 20 minutes ago at the same Vbase in DX11.  In this incident I went into the 88mm not zoomed in.  I then hit the clip board key and saw it zoom across the screen from left to right and then out of sight.  I was not zoomed in at this time either.  I then had to again Task Manager out.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 12:14:00 PM »
That's how its set up, both this version and AH3. Even in tanks, if you are in the turret view no clip board. The 17lb'er only has turret view thus no clip board. The 88's, 37mm man ack, and wirbs/ osti,s have no actual turret view, so clip board can be seen. Its been like that since I have played.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:16:10 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 12:36:57 PM »
Needs to be tweaked a tiny bit.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 12:46:12 PM »
And the next tiny little thing...
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »
and then things became a bit unstable.

I don't remember taking screenshot ahss32 of the IL-2 but there it is. Taken before I selected the different rocket loadout.
At the time I was comparing the 37mm guns on the Yak9t to see if it was the same gun. I randomly selected the uppermost bank of rockets but next selected the Panzer 4-F and after the smoke disabled message, I noticed the loadout tables weren't where they belonged. I took a screen shot, ahss33. After selecting another vehicle and reselecting the Panzer, the loadout tables returned to their normal positions.

Also, I did notice a difference in the diswep files. In the version from last weekend, there are no carriage return between commands, just a space character. Today, there seems to be carriage returns after each command if that makes any difference.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2016, 01:50:39 PM »
1stpar3, the British 17 pounder is a towed piece and does not have a turret, just like the German 88.  While in the German 88 I can use my hat switch to check all my views.  This cannot be done in the 17 pounder.  It would be nice if we could check our six while in the 17 pounder like you can in the other guns allowing you to search for targets.  Even in the tanks, you can fire from the top of the turret, you can also check your views and search for targets.

The problem of the lack of the clip board was solved.  I normally have the clip board on the far right on my screen when flying.  This position normally places it on the wing so I can keep it in view while flying or driving.  This resulted in the clip board being off screen far to the right.  I relocated it more to the center or left side and it now comes up while in the 17 pounder.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 12:29:11 AM »
1stpar3, the British 17 pounder is a towed piece and does not have a turret, just like the German 88.  While in the German 88 I can use my hat switch to check all my views.  This cannot be done in the 17 pounder.  It would be nice if we could check our six while in the 17 pounder like you can in the other guns allowing you to search for targets.  Even in the tanks, you can fire from the top of the turret, you can also check your views and search for targets.

The problem of the lack of the clip board was solved.  I normally have the clip board on the far right on my screen when flying.  This position normally places it on the wing so I can keep it in view while flying or driving.  This resulted in the clip board being off screen far to the right.  I relocated it more to the center or left side and it now comes up while in the 17 pounder.
Yes I was aware of the facts you cited. I was just saying that this was my experience in 17 pounder as well. While the 17 pounder doesn't have a turret, it does use tank style sight system. Thus same result.I know you can shoot trom the top of turret on a tank, just don't see the clip board while in the gunner view. On the other hand, I didn't know that repositioning the clip board lets you see it from 17 pounder. Will that work in a tank, in gunner mode? Gonna have to check up on that one...maybe reduce the size of the clip board? I see it sort of flash when I jump into gunner mode, so maybe resizing it might help.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 12:38:40 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 06:17:53 AM »
I can't get the clipboard to come up in the 17 lb either. tried moving the cb around and different sizes but no help. just use .ef to get out but the biggest problem is without the cb you don't know how the gun is oriented. it would also be nice to fix it where you could look around . 
in ah2 sometimes the cb comes up but it partially obscured by being to fat to the right and it is not movable because the button to move key is also obscured.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2016, 08:57:10 AM »
Fleet gun positions still not centered on map.   

And please make the ships and text larger, as the print is very small.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2016, 09:00:07 AM »
If you move the view down using F8, there is even a ship completely off the board.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
Please put the convergence view back to the old view so we can see the skins from the side better.

Still have massive stuttering with everything turned off/minimum/ zero on the env slider, 750ti card. Game unplayable in aircraft.

Thanks for fixing the hanger text visibility with shadows off.

With shadows on, they are massively pixilated, 1" squares (relative estimation in cockpit)

Can the canopy scratches be turned off?
Game handle: HellBuck