Author Topic: Beta 38 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Beta 38 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2016, 11:22:03 AM »
Each time I log on I resume downloading P-51D skin 8, then I get 27,28,and 29. I confirm they are on the HD. The next time I log on they are gone and start downloading again. After they are downloaded the other aircraft skins resume downloading where they left off last time. This is with both versions DX9 and DX11. They don't disappear until I enter an arena, it happens with auto download on and off.

Found the issue.  Should be good now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2016, 01:54:34 PM »
AvA Events Arena/DX11

Upped a Boston III went and bombed an enemy port, couold not access the Bombardier (F6) position, sohad to dive bomb port.

Then upped a formation of B-26B's, noticed that the Ammo/Ords count indicator was flashing, no change to any graphics setting altered the flashing. Also as in the Boston III, could not access the Bombardier (F6) position.

Edit: F6 problem found. Somehow the keyboard settings were changed, bomber sight to F6 had been changed. Noticed several other keyboard settings have been changed, ie. Num Keypad and the view settings.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 02:32:47 PM by JimmyD3 »
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2016, 03:08:45 PM »
Found the issue.  Should be good now.

Still seeing "P-51d_8 completed" after entering online arena, before download resumes with new skins, but same 3 skins, 27,28,and 29, are not missing from folder now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »
Screen freeze while adjusting gamma.

Turned off AA,  gauges lettering slightly sharper but loss of overall graphics quality.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2016, 05:37:14 PM »
The engine sounds from the cockpit are still a little off. 

Turning your head directly right or left, the engine is significantly louder than when facing forward. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2016, 05:45:48 PM »
When looking straight up, engine sounds cut in/out (stutters) as well.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2016, 05:51:52 PM »
When looking straight up, engine sounds cut in/out (stutters) as well.

It was doing that in my planes from the get-go.  The up view was the loudest and very distorted. 

I figured that was fixed at some point because today, the rear view is now quieter than the front and the up view is no longer loud and choppy.

EDIT: Just did a quick test and apparently, the issue is still there.  Maybe it's worse in radial engines.
The above results were from a P-40C, the results below from a F6F:
The rear view is louder than the front view and the up view is the loudest and choppy sounding.
Turning your head back and forth from right to left, the sound cuts in and out. 
Shouldn't be such variations of sound levels in an enclosed cockpit.

This issue has been around AH3 as long as I can remember.  Sigh.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 06:04:15 PM by caldera »
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2016, 06:05:08 PM »
Hi All,

Not sure if this is where to report this or not as it has been ongoing since the beginning of beta as far as I know.

When you go into the hangar screen to choose your aircraft it typically shows you the number of hours / minutes you can get with selected fuel load out.

Unfortunately the characters are white on a mostly white background and it is very difficult (if at all able) to read.

Could the font / text be changed to black instead? Or some color against the white background that is legible?

Cheers!
Elec1

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2016, 11:53:24 PM »
Decided it was time to turn vsync on, as I'd noticed some tearing last time I played.  Discovered my frame rate dipped to 29ish and varying, no other settings changed.

Looking straight up at blue sky through the canopy, I could get as high as 50.  Dropped out and turned off vsync, back to displaying around 70fps, looking straight up out the canopy over 100.

Turned vsync on, back to 30ish.  Off, back to 70ish.  I've got most of the settings on except lens flare, one notch of environment.  4096 texture size.

I am fairly confident it wasn't just a frame rate reporting issue, it did actually look choppy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
Decided it was time to turn vsync on, as I'd noticed some tearing last time I played.  Discovered my frame rate dipped to 29ish and varying, no other settings changed.

Looking straight up at blue sky through the canopy, I could get as high as 50.  Dropped out and turned off vsync, back to displaying around 70fps, looking straight up out the canopy over 100.

Turned vsync on, back to 30ish.  Off, back to 70ish.  I've got most of the settings on except lens flare, one notch of environment.  4096 texture size.

I am fairly confident it wasn't just a frame rate reporting issue, it did actually look choppy.

Wiley.

I'm confused by this, since I thought if your video card is powerful enough to provide 70fps with VSync off, it should be able to provide a solid 59-60 fps with VSync on.  (I assume your monitor refresh rate is 60Hz).

I noticed a lot of choppiness myself recently - when I turned tree detail all the way up.  I was in a GV and wanted to see as much detail as I could from ground.  My frame rate was around 45, but the game was essentially unplayable due to how choppy it was.   Switched back to default graphic settings.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2016, 09:39:23 AM »
I noticed the 190 series clock hands in the low right being very bright white compared to other gauges.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2016, 09:53:18 AM »
I'm confused by this, since I thought if your video card is powerful enough to provide 70fps with VSync off, it should be able to provide a solid 59-60 fps with VSync on.  (I assume your monitor refresh rate is 60Hz).

I noticed a lot of choppiness myself recently - when I turned tree detail all the way up.  I was in a GV and wanted to see as much detail as I could from ground.  My frame rate was around 45, but the game was essentially unplayable due to how choppy it was.   Switched back to default graphic settings.

That's the idea.  If it's more than 60 with vsync off, it should be able to do 60 with it on.

And it's not like it's capped at 30 either.  If I move my view to the sky it goes up to 50 or so.  Definitely an odd behavior.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
That's the idea.  If it's more than 60 with vsync off, it should be able to do 60 with it on.

And it's not like it's capped at 30 either.  If I move my view to the sky it goes up to 50 or so.  Definitely an odd behavior.

Wiley.

This sounds like I am double buffering instead of triple, I just verified the issue.

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2016, 10:52:59 AM »
This sounds like I am double buffering instead of triple, I just verified the issue.

HiTech

Yep I was, it's fixed for the next patch.

HiTech

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2016, 10:59:52 AM »
Yep I was, it's fixed for the next patch.

HiTech

Pfft.  What took you so long? ;)  Thanks.

Wiley.

JG11