Author Topic: Mid & Early war arenas have vanished  (Read 8196 times)

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
Re: Mid & Early war arenas have vanished
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2016, 12:38:46 PM »
I guess most folks only play AH2 and no other online games. Reason why I say this is because an older computer will be able to run AH2 really well but as for newer generation games that are being release will lack performance on a older computer. Its 2016 guys and about time you have a decent computer with a decent GPU, AH3 will run great on a 2G card.......

That's easy to say if you can afford the upgrade. I know a number who cannot. There is no question that AH2 is far behind other games with respect to graphics but how much does that really matter to many players? The current graphics in AH2 are a lot better than they were 10 years ago when I started but I don' think it's made a bit of difference in how much I enjoy the game. It's the addition of new planes and GVs that has made the biggest difference but even without those it would still be fun.

It will be interesting to see if the improved eye candy will draw enough players to offset he loss of those who will drop out because they cannot afford the hardware upgrade required. I have my doubts but hope I'm wrong because I have loved playing this game for the last 10 yrs.
and yes, it's all I play. First person shooters, for example, bore me to death.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2016, 12:46:07 PM »
It's just the hard facts.

If your lawnmower doesn't cut worth a crap do you let your grass just grow? No, you sharpen the blades, get a new blade,  (tweaking and upgrading) or by a new mower.

Sure its "just a game", but if your favorite past time is hanging out at the local pub and the price of beer goes up, you either pay the price or you leave.

No thing stays the same for ever. It has been years since the game has had a major upgrade. Be thankful for what you have "gotten by" with. Now its time to S*@T or get off the pot.

BRING ON ACES HIGH III !!!!!!

I don't entirely disagree with you. I really like AH3. Fortunately I have a video card that will run it with good frame rates if I disable shadows and some post lighting effects and can afford an upgrade once it;s clear what video card will be thew best bang for the buck. After seeing all the complaints in this forum about having trouble finding a fights because of too few players I'm worried that too many may choose to get off the pot.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2016, 12:57:38 PM »

That's what I'm thinking too, Max.
It's not like it's too late to start saving up.  There will just be some downtime. For some folks they may have to come back to it after getting some financial freedom.

It's not as if folks with older rigs haven't had time to update...this day's been coming for 3 + years. Granted, it's a financial hardship for a few  :frown:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2016, 01:01:59 PM »
Everyone is welcome to join us in AvA War tonight and see the new game in action. You'll have fun testing your hardware on a concentrated battlefield.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »
Those of you who have yet to download AH3, be advised, it's LONG

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »
AvA did also, we are simply preparing for AH3 going live.

HiTech

This is fantastic news.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2016, 02:47:40 PM »
not everybody has a money tree in their back yard-you'all act like it's the easiest thing just to go out and buy a new computer or upgrade old ones..if it weren't for 2 friends I would not be able to play AH3-still right this minute I can play it-but there are only 10-12 people max in AH3-will have to wait until we get 60 to 140 people for sure to see if I can still play it.
 :furious
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2016, 02:52:41 PM »
It's just the hard facts.

If your lawnmower doesn't cut worth a crap do you let your grass just grow? No, you sharpen the blades, get a new blade,  (tweaking and upgrading) or by a new mower.

Sure its "just a game", but if your favorite past time is hanging out at the local pub and the price of beer goes up, you either pay the price or you leave.

No thing stays the same for ever. It has been years since the game has had a major upgrade. Be thankful for what you have "gotten by" with. Now its time to S*@T or get off the pot.

BRING ON ACES HIGH III !!!!!!
lawnmowers don't cost anywhere near the price of a new puter or an upgrade--and if your mower quits you can hire somebody to cut your grass cheaper than a new mower
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2016, 03:04:35 PM »
AvA did also, we are simply preparing for AH3,,,,

G O I N G   L I V E

HiTech

:salute HTC    THANKYOU!

"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2016, 03:15:47 PM »

Preparing, why are you always preparing?  :bolt:
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »
Less than 2.weeks.???
 :banana: :banana:  :banana:
I am finding it hard to  compute..
2 weeks is so hardwired..
Quiet exciting really
I remember when we changed from Ah to AH2
new towns where a big change.for the better..tank traps.on the beach did.not stay..
It was an upgrade well worth it...even if we thought we didn't need it...we did.
This.upgrade is way bigger..
Bring it on..
Hitech and crew have bent over backwards to try and accommodate older machines and old.timers..
I'm sure if they try hard enough they will come on into the journey of AH3
IT'S GOING TO BE A BLAST!!!!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2016, 03:51:27 PM »
It's not as if folks with older rigs haven't had time to update...this day's been coming for 3 + years. Granted, it's a financial hardship for a few  :frown:

Not so much just the bucks, but lack of minimum required hardware to run the game.  ie: I have a 2gb gfx card but it's mm3 ram and a 610 processor and will not run the game usably.  In the beta threads I have seen guys with $300/400 graphics cards gripe about frame rates, those cards cost more than my PC/monitor  that runs AH2.  Hopefully a list of minimums, standard and other hardware requirements will come out soon.  I can load AH3, but the 9 frame rate means even just playing in a manned gun will be a challenge, much less a GV or Acft.  Now if gubbmint will just OK a social security bumpup this year so I can get something that runs AH3 at 60 fps i'll go for that, but that ain't happening I bet. 
Ground Pounders ...

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2016, 04:29:25 PM »
Not so much just the bucks, but lack of minimum required hardware to run the game.  ie: I have a 2gb gfx card but it's mm3 ram and a 610 processor and will not run the game usably.  In the beta threads I have seen guys with $300/400 graphics cards gripe about frame rates, those cards cost more than my PC/monitor  that runs AH2.  Hopefully a list of minimums, standard and other hardware requirements will come out soon.  I can load AH3, but the 9 frame rate means even just playing in a manned gun will be a challenge, much less a GV or Acft.  Now if gubbmint will just OK a social security bumpup this year so I can get something that runs AH3 at 60 fps i'll go for that, but that ain't happening I bet.

Maybe folks gripped about that at beginning of Alfa testing but they will not be griping now
You are spreading misinformation..
Here is a card for $188 that will sort out the game for you no problem...
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-GTX-960-2G/dp/B00SAYDRP8
Almost half the price you are complaining about..
Let's not scare people off with old gossip..
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline AAJaded

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2016, 04:41:42 PM »
Most  i've been talking with online have OK computers for AH3, some unlucky bastards run AH2 on old laptops, they are in for a new computer - or leave the game.

I run AH2 off a lap top.  The upgrades I need to do first are for my primary hobby of photography.  Unless I can figure out a way to make ah3 work on my current photography set up (that runs AH2 just fine) I'll be out until I can set aside the extra.  But camera equipment is my priority.

In a dream world AH2 late war and dueling arena would stay active while AH3 runs full force.  But I know that is going for to much.  I'll play while I can and enjoy what I have left and hopefully one day make it back. 

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2016, 05:19:09 PM »
Maybe folks gripped about that at beginning of Alfa testing but they will not be griping now
You are spreading misinformation..
Here is a card for $188 that will sort out the game for you no problem...
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-GTX-960-2G/dp/B00SAYDRP8
Almost half the price you are complaining about..
Let's not scare people off with old gossip..

I alluded to actual posts I had read and the fact that I have not yet seen released a list of minimum
hardware requirements to play AH3 with usable frame rates.
Hardly gossip or misinformation.  Since you have no idea my current config you wouldn't know
that I cant use the 960/970 cards because of power supply constraints, but thanks for the link.
If my questions for minimum requirements scare people then i'm at a loss  :cheers:
Ground Pounders ...