Author Topic: Beta 40/41 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 5710 times)

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
Re: Beta 40/41 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2016, 01:01:34 PM »
Night sky appears to be layered with an opaque curtain over the top.  It's opaque so you can see through it, but it doesn't look realistic. Doesn't stop me from playing it just looks funny.

Offline BFX88

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2016, 01:11:21 PM »
Anyone try to view their recordings in the Aces High Beta Film Viewer yet?  In my system, engine noise is absent unless I'm in very close proximity to a base (any base).  My Aces High II Film Viewer no longer works at all; it appears to have been completely disabled with the installation of the latest Beta patch (i.e., 41). 

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2016, 02:19:14 PM »
Trees in the runway path on NE r/w of Medium Airfields. B29s and apparently Lanc wings pass through a grove.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2016, 02:19:51 PM »
Bug? Is this backward?
At sea level a fully loaded B29 needs a two mile takeoff run from start on auto takeoff to get it's wheels off the ground plus another half mile to clear the trees. With flaps up, the takeoff run is reduced to less then 1.5 miles and clears the trees in less then two miles from spawn. Tested on a medium a/f NE runway.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2016, 02:30:23 PM »
Bug? Is this backward?
At sea level a fully loaded B29 needs a two mile takeoff run from start on auto takeoff to get it's wheels off the ground plus another half mile to clear the trees. With flaps up, the takeoff run is reduced to less then 1.5 miles and clears the trees in less then two miles from spawn. Tested on a medium a/f NE runway.

Auto take off rotates at a fixed speed. With flaps down it takes longer to get to that speed.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2016, 02:48:22 PM »
Of course you know what's coming next  :)

Given the testing, doesn't that mean the B-29 should have flaps up as the default in auto takeoff?
 :bolt:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2016, 02:50:31 PM »
Sky separated into "octagon" of darkness and a band of normal sunrise after the night.  One other player saw the same thing, while another didn't.
Same here! I get that same effect when climbing thru the cloud layers as well. Seems like it is related to the horizon and how it is drawn? Its been present in some form or another as long as I have been testing. Being at 10k and looking over water has same pattern on horizon.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2016, 03:28:14 PM »
Got stuck in the trees in a Panther.  Psave txt
1,1,1,1.$,1.$,1.$
sfma2016
FOV = 61.3

Had to 3 finger salute to get out when screen went all gray except for the text buffer.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2016, 03:44:48 PM »
I was flying about 10k A19 to 25.. suddenly got booted to clipboard start screen..
mouse frozen..thought game locked but I could hear coms.and game sounds
pressed windows button, then ahicon ..was back in the game...

sun seemed tiny

clouds seemed very angular viewing the top..

CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2016, 03:55:24 PM »
Got stuck in the trees in a Panther.  Psave txt
1,1,1,1.$,1.$,1.$
sfma2016
FOV = 61.3

Had to 3 finger salute to get out when screen went all gray except for the text buffer.

How long did you wait before you decided you were stuck?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2016, 04:32:18 PM »
How long did you wait before you decided you were stuck?
I hit the tree that was behind a set of tall bushes deliberately  I got the sound of hitting a tree(Sound needs to be better BTW)
I tried going forward then backward a couple of times then the screen went blank.  Tried calling up clipboard to no avail then 3 fingered it.
Probably spent a few minutes anyway.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2016, 04:33:33 PM »
Lost engine sound on B17 after drones hit ground on takeoff test.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 04:52:49 PM »
Some approaches to airbase towns have a bright green about a 2ft high bush that's made up of what looks like about 10 wide banana leaves.  This bush will stop a 30ton tank running 26mph dead in its tracks.  Tried it from all angles and stopped the tank every time.  The only place I noticed this type of bush is on an approach to a town just before you go between the hills into the town.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2016, 05:38:17 PM »
In the ava arena, I'm getting a strange bug. When I'm working in the arena settings or loading tables, the Application crashes but the Process is still running, this according to my Task Manager. According to a CM, they are not having any problems in the SEA but that seems suspect, perhaps it just hasn't happened to them yet.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2016, 06:35:25 PM »
In SFMA2016 from the CV's when you go to the hanger to pick a ship's gun, all of the ships line up correctly on the position display and you can pick the fore and aft 5in on the CV.

On my custom terrain with three CV groups, only one CV am I able to pick fore and aft 5in on the CV while none of the hanger orientations for the task force when picking a gun are lined up correctly. The CV and at least another ship are overlay-ed in some manner. I have removed and put back in place the task groups several times and run the build. I'm at a loss now why this never gets corrected running the build. Also the ship positions became jumbled in slightly different positions between build runs. 

Last time I reported a problem like this Hitech wanted a copy of the res file which is attached. By any chance is this controlled by one of the flat files generated with the build run and I could be correcting it with a manual edit?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.