Author Topic: How well would this machine run the game?  (Read 546 times)

Offline salt101

• Zinc Member
How well would this machine run the game?
« on: August 23, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »
I have an opportunity buy a laptop off a friend for around $150usd. I believe these are the specs, how well would it run the new game?

AMD Quad-Core A10-8700P Processor
12GB DDR3L SDRAM Memory
1TB 5400RPM hard drive
AMD Radeon R6 Graphicsup to 4.75GB total graphics memory
Salt,
The three most dangerous vehicles in AH are the C47, M3 and LVT

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Re: How well would this machine run the game?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 12:29:52 AM »
That depends on what you would define as well. I highly doubt that it would run the game under my definition of well.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: How well would this machine run the game?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:39:54 AM »
It might slightly outperform one using an Intel video. However, it still is an integrated video circuit inside the processor which means it will use the same memory as the entire computer. For video use that type of memory is very slow.

It has also been known for a while that certain AMD processors can't run AH using the maximum amount of cores, but I don't know whether or not that were true in this case.

The main reason I believe it would be better than an Intel chip is the way it understands the commanding code. See, Intel video understands the code in a different way compared to the "real" video cards by AMD and Nvidia.

The baseline for a video card has been said to be a GeForce 9800 GTX. Radeon R6 score is one third lower in http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/mid_range_gpus.html.

Shortly: Don't bother.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni