Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 0 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Pre-release Patch 0 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« on: August 23, 2016, 01:03:25 PM »
New version up!

Please use this thread to post errors/issues with the Patch 0 DX9 version of the Aces High III Pre-release. 

Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline GullGutz

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dhcomputing.com
Re: Pre-release Patch 0 ** DX9 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »
Downloading now.

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »
Why is the download  0.343 Meg Per Second?   Going to take 48 minutes to download :(
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
Why is the download  0.343 Meg Per Second?   Going to take 48 minutes to download :(

could be a number of reasons why....

When I started my DL, I was showing 3.82 MBps ( not Mbps ), then my daughter and 2 niece's showed up...all logged into my wifi, then they turned the TV on in the Den and started Streaming amazon Prime movies, while Dad was already watching Netflix in his bedroom and Mom gaming on her computer at the other end of the house.....

once that Amazon Prime streaming kicked in, and the girls messing with their iPads , tablets and phones...... my download speed slowed all the way down to around 700 kbps

plus there also could be a lot of people trying to download at the same time, not to mention all the re routing because of the flooding in certain areas etc.... then you have all that election overload using up bandwidth as well....

hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:20:54 PM »
could be a number of reasons why....

When I started my DL, I was showing 3.82 MBps ( not Mbps ), then my daughter and 2 niece's showed up...all logged into my wifi, then they turned the TV on in the Den and started Streaming amazon Prime movies, while Dad was already watching Netflix in his bedroom and Mom gaming on her computer at the other end of the house.....

once that Amazon Prime streaming kicked in, and the girls messing with their iPads , tablets and phones...... my download speed slowed all the way down to around 700 kbps

plus there also could be a lot of people trying to download at the same time, not to mention all the re routing because of the flooding in certain areas etc.... then you have all that election overload using up bandwidth as well....

hope this helps

TC

Thanks,  i was not using wifi on any other device at the time,  only the browser and aceshigh.  but... interestingly enough,  i cancelled my downloaded and re-start the download process to see mbps bumped up to  0.920mbps  and now currently at  0.799      which translates into  at least a download time of 28 minutes vs.  50+minutes

Must be the server that is hosting the 50+minute d/l  time,  vs the 2nd server I hit for a  28 min d/l time
-The Golden BB-

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:36:37 PM »
Mine is downloading at 0.475 MPS, has been steadily increasing in speed.  This is pretty good for my rural 4G LTE connection.  Downloading through trying to log into the game.  Now hopefully I'll get a good file and not have to do this several times.  I think the decent speed  (for me) is a good sign.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »
  I downloaded DX9, but it shows up DX11 when I bring up the game. Is this normal ?

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:19:16 PM »
Also noticed, when I look back and the 1/8 looking back, there are shadows cutting diagonally across the screen.

The airplane engine sounds behind me when looking forward. When looking back, the engine sounds in front of me, that is at the tail of the plane.

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »
Downloaded the DX11  Aces High III,   currently flying the Tu2,   the  guages are  flickering  including the artificial horizon.   
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 06:35:22 PM »
Second bug,   occurs  when my machine auto minimizes game to desktop 1 per hour...    I  bring the game back up from the task bar  and the game  engine sounds  are  silent.. I only hear the wind.

In AH2,  everything would work ok...    ANd  in  AH3  beta  the engine sounds  would  restart  as if im turning on the engine...  But  in  AH3  Dx11  the   engine sound did not restart.

UPDATE:    if you fly a  p38,  minimize game to  the desktop,  then  bring it back, the sound comes back.  might be a bug overall with the tu2
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:43:42 PM by gldnbb »
-The Golden BB-

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 07:07:26 PM »
Second bug,   occurs  when my machine auto minimizes game to desktop 1 per hour...    I  bring the game back up from the task bar  and the game  engine sounds  are  silent.. I only hear the wind.

In AH2,  everything would work ok...    ANd  in  AH3  beta  the engine sounds  would  restart  as if im turning on the engine...  But  in  AH3  Dx11  the   engine sound did not restart.

UPDATE:    if you fly a  p38,  minimize game to  the desktop,  then  bring it back, the sound comes back.  might be a bug overall with the tu2

Check individual aircraft sounds.  I had to increase volume on the B17 sounds to hear them at all.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 07:17:09 PM »
Is it really 1,388 Mb?

That's a heckuva patch.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 07:30:30 PM »
THIRD BUG:   CITY  STRAT  KNIT  SIDE

While approaching and attacking  I  get  errors  in 'texture creation'   error messages..   Twice.   then  it  froze up and is currently unresponsive
-The Golden BB-

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 07:36:51 PM »
Newb question:

How do I check what version of DX I have in Win10?  What's the command to bring a DXDiag report in Win10?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 07:51:14 PM »
I downloaded it twice, each time after the status bar completes, my Quicken file folder opens and I have not been able to locate the download.

Muttman