Author Topic: AH III Pre-Release 0.9 is out!!  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: AH III Pre-Release 0.9 is out!!
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2016, 02:41:30 PM »
only rank-perks-and achievements transferred over-gun sights-skins-sounds files have changed so you will have to redownload skins-pick new sights and adjust sounds

I didn't have to pick new gunsights, I just copied the sights folder from the beta (having copied the folder from AH2) into the pre-release version's folder.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2016, 04:53:47 PM »
only rank-perks-and achievements transferred over-gun sights-skins-sounds files have changed so you will have to redownload skins-pick new sights and adjust sounds

You can swap the skins folder from the AH Beta folders to the new AH3 folders.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2016, 05:32:36 PM »

However, if you didn't dl them from beta the AH2 skins folder WILL NOT work.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2016, 07:38:57 PM »
Thanks I had some time to work things out, copy gun sights,....ect I'll install them as I play. Which will be soon since I went ahead and subscribed even tho it will be months until I have the time to play much.

As an old time member I thought I should sub as a sign of support. Seeya in the skies.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2016, 07:56:53 PM »
Gunsights

When you run the AH3 install, the sights folder is populated with all the historic gunsights correctly assigned to aircraft and gunnery positions. If you look around in the sights folder there are a small number of extras, night sights. Hitech updated the alpha slider so you can open the gunsights app in flight and adjust the brightness on the fly.

All gunsights you were using in AH2 will work in AH3. Before doing anything, if you have a bunch of favorite gunsights in AH2, make a backup copy of that folder to pick and choose from. My historic package for AH2 became the gunsights in AH3. Hitech and Waffle were very kind in that respect.

I've finished up an offline gunnery training terrain so you can shoot at drones with the wirbel as close as 500 yards. Practice shooting at bombers in the 88 from 7k. Sit on two firing lines in your tank to shoot at tank objects out to 4miles or tanks every 1000yds to 4000yds. Practice torpedo bombing from 1250ft air spawns, or 15k level bombing practice so you don't waste time climbing out. Even an 88 and 17lb on the tank firing ranges with high elevation long range spawns over looking the firing ranges. 50 or more static tanks sitting in a tank town and a town to get used to seeing them in the trees and behind buildings. Since there are three task forces, you have multiple shore batteries, PT spawns along all the task force paths, and this means being able to practice ship to ship 8inch offline. To finish it off, an air spawn for fighters so you can get right at your drones.

I need to package it in a 7zip self installer so you don't have to worry about where to place files or create a new folder. At this point I'm assuming Hitech has finalized the install path for AH3.

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2016, 08:04:00 PM »
sorry wrong place, deleted
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:10:15 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2016, 03:02:31 PM »
Lovin it!  :old:  :joystick:  :rock  :aok  :cheers:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2016, 03:55:52 PM »
I got to spend a couple hours in AH3 today until the Bish won the map.....again.

I have to say it is a big step up from AH2. I have read here that some complain about the graphics....too green, gamy looking, dashboards too dark and so on. Im going to say none of that, but I will say it is different. And in this case "different" is AWESOME! Im amazed at how much fun it is to fly in AH3.

The sound, while I have read that a number of people cant wait until the custom sound guys can build new sound files, I say screw that! The sounds while the volumes need some tweaking are great! The guns sound really good with some nice bass backing. They sound like they have some omph, some meat. I always thought the guns in AH sounded weak, but now they feel/sound like they have power!. I do think the tracers and hit sprites are weak and I really miss the immersion I had in AH2. I don't get lots of kills, but seeing those flashes of hits even for an assist always raised my blood pressure.

Im going to try flying with a FOV of 80 (new default) and see how that works. I cant wait until we get some field maps as picking out target right now really gets you chewed up by ack.

Looking Great HTC! I just hope the numbers grow!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2016, 11:23:13 PM »
Kind of surprised nothing on the home page about this pre-release thing. :headscratch: (Yes, I know I'm a bit late on that one... :noid)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2016, 02:43:51 AM »
AHIII is awesome  :old:

If you don't like it leave :old:

Only thing is the Butler telling me we are being attacked, pipz like his voice by the way :old:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:45:47 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2016, 02:50:20 AM »
I'm convinced the butler is yarbles.  Hope he got a decent paycheck.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2016, 02:51:18 AM »
see that's how much I know--thankyou
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2016, 06:29:02 AM »
No kiddin I heard the Butler say "The sheep must be protected" once hehehe
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2016, 06:33:02 AM »
"The sheep must protected at all costs"!!  :old:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »
You numptys, that's the sheep's voice......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.