Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 18020 times)

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2016, 11:43:47 PM »
Try  .resetv

A Squaddie was having similar issues and that fixed it.

I ended up pulling out the USB for the headset while in game and now I have no sounds whatsoever, regardless of what I tinker with.  This is after restarting the game, restarting the computer.  Sound still works fine on computer and AH2 but I seem to have broken it for AH3!
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2016, 01:07:47 AM »
I ended up pulling out the USB for the headset while in game and now I have no sounds whatsoever, regardless of what I tinker with.  This is after restarting the game, restarting the computer.  Sound still works fine on computer and AH2 but I seem to have broken it for AH3!

Try this, go into C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings and find the sounds.cfg file.
Rename it as sounds p1.cfg so you can save it for later.
Then go into C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\settings and find sounds.cfg, that's your AH2 sound settings.
Use Ctrl drag to copy the file to your AH3 settings folder.

It this works for you as it did for me, please attach your ah3 sounds p1.cfg  and your ah2 sounds.cfg files here using the Attachments options below the reply edit window so Hitech can compare the two.

Good luck.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:41 AM »
1 Tank never stop rolling.

2 Anti-Arias ON/OFF effect ICON.

AA on

AA off

3 Terrain set download long time, host connection lost.

---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2016, 01:37:39 AM »
When I hit alt-tab from the game the game jumps to background processes, the game icon disappears from the taskbar, and I have to close the process manually.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2016, 02:02:45 AM »
Taking a bomber off from a CV, the bombs don't seem to work (drop the bombs on a ship and they don't explode).  Attack planes taken off from CV, bombs work as expected.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2016, 06:44:00 AM »
1.  In AH2 selecting squad colors using ctrl-s is fixed, staying that way each time you log in.  IN AH3, Ctrl-s must be pressed every time you log in.  Prefer that it be like AH2.

2.  Using thrustmaster TARGET software for button assignments,  you get an occasional bullet fire or bomb drop or other odd button actuation that seems to be tied to bring up the clipboard, resizing or zooming or clipboard button press using the mouse although not every time.  Using same setting it does not happen in ah2.  Another TARGET user is having same problem.  Will try to pin this down.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: August 28, 2016, 06:45:32 AM »
I lose engine idle sound in fighters. I turned the engine way down 10% maybe. I think it starts to happen around 25%. Its also kinda random. I did get the idle sound at various times. The engine sound also went away on the IL2 while flying. I couldn't tell if it was when the plane got real slow or if it was just random. If I turn my head in the cockpit the ear towards the engine gets louder than when I am facing it.

Potted plants in the Oclub give it a home like touch.  :)
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2016, 07:07:48 AM »
I am seeing short (0.5 - 1 second) freezes in the graphics.  Not sure if there is a pattern, but seems to happen just as I bank to turn or just as I fire guns.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2016, 07:08:13 AM »
Try this, go into C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High III\settings and find the sounds.cfg file.
Rename it as sounds p1.cfg so you can save it for later.
Then go into C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\settings and find sounds.cfg, that's your AH2 sound settings.
Use Ctrl drag to copy the file to your AH3 settings folder.

It this works for you as it did for me, please attach your ah3 sounds p1.cfg  and your ah2 sounds.cfg files here using the Attachments options below the reply edit window so Hitech can compare the two.

Good luck.
I went into AHIII, and there was no such file. I copied the sounds.cfg from Aces High II and placed it in the file, but this had no effect. I will try reinstalling the game and see if that works.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2016, 07:38:06 AM »
If you select "use recorded views" and watch films in external mode, the pitch of the engine goes crazy when you are not looking forward.

Also, the "Full Screen View" button doesn't work.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2016, 07:40:29 AM »
This happened twice so it should be repeatable.  When arena notice comes up when entering ah3, clicking on close is like alt-tabing out.  When you come back inn the message window closes as it should.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2016, 08:49:22 AM »
I reinstalled the game and have sounds back but still no mic...  resetv doesn't seem to be working, either.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline FBScud

• Copper Member
« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2016, 08:55:19 AM »
In AHIII, I have to check my mic settings every time I log on.  They are always set way to low.  I simply adjust the sliders to the far right, and I'm good to go.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2016, 09:51:40 AM »
Shadow bug - P-39 gear doors.  Occurs on both P-39D and P-39Q.  Can't tell whats going on here, maybe the shadow from the doors is being subtracted from the shadow of the wings, cancelling it out completely?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
I reinstalled the game and have sounds back but still no mic...  resetv doesn't seem to be working, either.
In Game Sounds, is your Headset Mic selected? You've already said it works in AH2 so it must already be enabled and working in Windows.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001