Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 18609 times)

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
Re: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2016, 12:34:19 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not but i'm gonna post it. Say your in a turn fight you got 3 notches of flaps deployed and one gets shot off as you pick up speed and they come back in or you pull them in yourself the one that is shot off acts as if its still there and deployed while the other one is pulled and it makes the plane unflyable unless you slow down and get the flaps back to where they was when it was shot off. is this a bug or is this supposed to be that way?
G3-MF

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2016, 12:55:05 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or not but i'm gonna post it. Say your in a turn fight you got 3 notches of flaps deployed and one gets shot off as you pick up speed and they come back in or you pull them in yourself the one that is shot off acts as if its still there and deployed while the other one is pulled and it makes the plane unflyable unless you slow down and get the flaps back to where they was when it was shot off. is this a bug or is this supposed to be that way?

That is the normal game flap damage.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »
There are 2 flap damage types.

Destroyed and jammed.

On older planes the jammed still shows up as a missing flap.

<Ctrl>D should list the correct type of damage.

HiTech

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2016, 02:33:09 PM »
I'm getting a dark square in the sky. It seems to be where the top layer of clouds is drawn. Maybe the lighting is off for that layer. IDK. Just thought I'd report it in here.  :airplane:

Offline sanfordpaul

• Zinc Member
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2016, 02:35:05 PM »
Also with TrackIR it is possible to move your head outside the P51D cockpit when leaning left or right. The cockpit glass then turns into a grey triangle? Something to look into.

<S> Sanford

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »
Quote from: Lusche
- Engine sounds are a mess:
Tu-2 has external engine sound only when the point of view is extremely close to the plane, 10ft away and it cuts off. Internal engine sound drops out depending on attitude (nose down and it cuts out no matter what speed & throttle setting), and depending on power setting alone as well.
At first, Lancaster had no engine sounds at all. Only when I went external and set my point of view very close to the engines, there was a faint engine sound to hear which then also stayed when I switched back to cockpit. Until I brought the clipboard up and minimized that again - engine sound disappeared again
In the B-25C I had internal engine sound in level flight only while WEP was on. Without WEP, engine sound only when climbing, unless I cut back the throttle ...  :confused:

I did some further tests on this. The problems described above pertain to all bombers, I have no regular internal engine sound in any of them, be it multi- or single engined bombers.
The 5 or 6 fighters I tested all had internal engine sounds
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »

I did some further tests on this. The problems described above pertain to all bombers, I have no regular internal engine sound in any of them, be it multi- or single engined bombers.
The 5 or 6 fighters I tested all had internal engine sounds

Have you done any volume adjustments?

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2016, 04:25:18 PM »
Have you done any volume adjustments?

Yes, and that caused it.

Just like in AHII, I had turned down the Master Volume to about 20% (no adjustment to any individual sound groups). This did cut out the engine sounds only, and only on all bombers. Playing with that master slider I find a very sudden engine sound cutoff at/near approximately 25% of volume, it goes from still quite loud (ony my system) to none.

With all fighters I tested, the engine sound volume scales much better across the whole range when using the master volume slider.

By the way, when I tried to check this, I could not start DX11 nor DX 9 version of AHIII. The splash screen came up, but never the clipboard. Was able to close the window without problems (no "has stopped responding" or so). I had previously played AH II and did exit that one regularly.
A reboot fixed this problem-

« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 04:28:06 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2016, 04:33:35 PM »

Yes, and that caused it.

Just like in AHII, I had turned down the Master Volume to about 20% (no adjustment to any individual sound groups). This did cut out the engine sounds only, and only on all bombers. Playing with that master slider I find a very sudden engine sound cutoff at/near approximately 25% of volume, it goes from still quite loud (ony my system) to none.

With all fighters I tested, the engine sound volume scales much better across the whole range when using the master volume slider.

By the way, when I tried to check this, I could not start DX11 nor DX 9 version of AHIII. The splash screen came up, but never the clipboard. Was able to close the window without problems (no "has stopped responding" or so). I had previously played AH II and did exit that one regularly.
A reboot fixed this problem-

I have experienced the same but I have only tried it in Lancs.   I have "my engine" volume set to 23%.   External (F3)  I hear no engines at all from my planes.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
I found that turning engine volume down causes the engine sound to STOP playing abruptly at certain head positions or in certain planes (most notably are bombers).  You can test this by increasing the volume in sound preferences while sitting in the cockpit of Lancasters.

Somewhere around 48% it starts to become "buggish".
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 05:25:12 PM by Chilli »

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2016, 07:17:29 PM »
UPDATE on texture error bug:

Flew a sortie,   rtb,   refueled, took off,   flying and had no control of the clipboard map and the chat buffer was invisible.   Then flying a little bit longer  the game put my pilot (Not my plane)  in the center of the map  all silent  with  nothing to control....

I brought up task manager and  the game was eating up  1 GIG  processor / ram  memory.

Windows 7,  the game is  leaking  memory eating up more of the task manager while you fly .   I think that is the problem.

To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline gldnbb

• Copper Member
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2016, 07:43:39 PM »
Restarted AH3,   noted  task manager  at  730,000 memory.

Been flying  for  45 minutes,  and  now task manager  shows at  929,000 memory  and slowly climbing

AH3  doing some kind of memory leak on my PC eating up more resources for no reason.

Thought?
To fly or not to fly, that is the question
-The Golden BB-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2016, 07:57:37 PM »
Chute is not visible on the airfield supplies.  Didn't test vehicle supply chutes.  The supplies do float as if they were attached to a chute.  The animation just is not visible.

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2016, 08:11:02 PM »
Has anyone experienced a blue screen crash when adjusting controls in game?  Maybe its my old x52 setup, I do have it on a powered hub though.  Would the dump info help?  Would need to know where to find it.

The blue screen crash happened three times in a row under the same circumstances, in game clipboard open setting button assignments, btw, the reason I was still adjusting the buttons is that the assignments weren't staying saved.

PS Just flew DX9 with no issues
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:20:48 PM by Hungry »
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2016, 08:26:30 PM »
This version is definitely not ready for prime time.

My PC works great with AH2. TrackIR5 and AH3 is buggy it seems. Launched an F4U with everything working fine.  5 minutes into climbout and TrackIR, still running, quits working with AH3.  In other words, I had no view system - only front view thru the cockpit available.  Had to restart AH3. 
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011