Author Topic: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports  (Read 17981 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Pre-release Patch 1 ** DX11 ** Released: Issues/Bug Reports
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »
Here are a few films from current pre version where I'm suspecting drone damage bugs:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2016, 07:46:44 AM »
And one from a recent BETA version:

Hope it helps

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2016, 07:48:05 AM »
did you crack the throttle with the hook down?  If yes, happened in ahii as well

Did a little more testing (AH3).  Found that with the hook down, cracking the throttle would not make the plane move backwards.  With the hook up, it would creep slowly backwards.
What happened earlier was that the plane slid backwards very quickly -- as if it was not "attached" to the carrier and the carrier just sailed out from under it at 30 knots.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2016, 08:26:06 AM »
Did a little more testing (AH3).  Found that with the hook down, cracking the throttle would not make the plane move backwards.  With the hook up, it would creep slowly backwards.
What happened earlier was that the plane slid backwards very quickly -- as if it was not "attached" to the carrier and the carrier just sailed out from under it at 30 knots.
Gotcha. Noted... :)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline KillerPops

• Zinc Member
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2016, 10:14:34 AM »
When creating an arena, then exit, the arena is gone, nowhere to be found in any of the tabs. When trying to create a new one, a message comes up saying I have to enter the already created arena and shut it down/reboot it.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2016, 10:46:32 AM »
dx11 version seems to lock up on my system if I play around with time of day (moving it around from 6:00, to 7:00, to 8:00, back to 7:00, etc. while flying around generally with nose pointed at or near sun).

I have done it a couple of times now.

It doesn't completely lock up -- it continues to run, but with system thrashing and at a frame rate of about 1 frame every 30 seconds or so.

I have Windows 7 and a GeForce 750 Ti card with drivers from last month (relatively new, but not the very latest).

Brooke please take a screenshot of your Graphics Detail menu settings and attach to a post.  This will help others if they are experiencing the same or similar results.  Next, I would do these 3 things and test again:  1) First place known to rob performance:  check to insure that the environment map slider is set to "none".  2) Place a check in the box next to "disable clutter in flight"  3.) Reduce your max texture size, this is accessible from the "video settings" menu available only before you "go online" to start the arena portion of the game.

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2016, 11:09:24 AM »
when I use my mouse's scroll wheel in game (fullscreen), it scrolls also in the other windows in the windows background

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »
as in patch 0 I can't alt-tab, aceshigh becomes a background process that I can't maximize anymore. Win10 64bits

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 29, 2016, 11:27:09 AM »
when I use my mouse's scroll wheel in game (fullscreen), it scrolls also in the other windows in the windows background

Same here, my MP3 player on the second screen scrolls through the title list.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: August 29, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
Another thing about the film viewer, the sliders don't move the view around the plane as they do in AH2.   They do move the view, but very strangely and it makes setting up screen shots very difficult.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #160 on: August 29, 2016, 01:18:54 PM »
Brooke please take a screenshot of your Graphics Detail menu settings and attach to a post.  This will help others if they are experiencing the same or similar results.  Next, I would do these 3 things and test again:  1) First place known to rob performance:  check to insure that the environment map slider is set to "none".  2) Place a check in the box next to "disable clutter in flight"  3.) Reduce your max texture size, this is accessible from the "video settings" menu available only before you "go online" to start the arena portion of the game.

It's not a performance issue, as I get 60 fps flying around.  (I'm using default settings except that I have slider set to none and disable shadows and reflection, as those are distracting to me.)  Then, I screw around with the time of day while pointing my nose at or near the sun, changing the time of day from about 6:00 to 7:00 to 8:00 back and forth and in between while moving my nose around and weaving left and right, looking at the sun.  After a while, the sun starts to look a little strange (too much bloom, too much glare off water), and then the game comes to a near halt.  Most people would think it has crashed, but if I wait long enough, I see that I get about one frame every 30 seconds or 1 minute.  It takes a while for me to get out of the game with alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del (have to wait a few minutes -- the first time it happened, I hard powered off my machine to get out of it).

If I restart the game and don't screw around with time of day in this way, it seems to work fine.

This happens in dx11, but it does not seem to happen in dx9 when I do the same testing.

I've switched to flying in dx9 figuring that dx11 on Windows 7 might not be as robust.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #161 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:06 PM »
Twice I have gotten a texture creation error followed by a memory address, the message shows up in orange in the text buffer. It hard locks the PC after that .

Offline remeskylan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #162 on: August 29, 2016, 01:42:59 PM »
 at launch track ir fails to start

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: August 29, 2016, 02:10:04 PM »
Im getting tons of lockups in Dx11,  but 9 seems to be solid so far!

The lockups occur when interacting with the clipboard and or chat buffer.

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #164 on: August 29, 2016, 02:11:33 PM »
While mapping controllers for gvs using clipboard,in tower, causes clipboard to lock up. Cursor moves but clicking has no effect at all. Stick presses have no effect either. After Ctrl-Alt-Del 3 times to no effect I get a black screen. Ctrl-alt-del eventually gets me to my desktop background picture with no Icons on screen. I am forced to shut off power to the power supply and cold boot to use pc.

This was after reinstalling the full AH II pre-realese patch 1 today. I had installed pre-release on Friday while going online and had the same problem.

DxDiag attached.