Author Topic: Where did I go wrong  (Read 657 times)

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
Where did I go wrong
« on: September 04, 2016, 11:39:44 PM »
OK so I went out and bought a new rig to run AH III. Machine is i5, 1.5tb, 12gig of ram, g-force 970 w 2gig of built in ram. So a total of 16gig of ram.  My issue I still can't run full immersion and have to turn stuff off , :bhead
Getting about 30 fps with half of the eye candy turned off. 15 to 20 with most turned on.

Question- my monitor is 5 to 6 years old. Do I need a new monitor to make this game run better.  Not running 1080 only about 720 or something like that.
I love this game and want to keep playing but so far not impressed by what I see. I need to run a better frame rate to avoid a crappy playing experience.  Laid out too much money for bad graphics so far.
Help  :uhoh

Thanks for any help  :salute
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 11:41:46 PM by Driver »
The old shall overcome youth, ability and talent by decit, treachery and wickedness

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
Re: Where did I go wrong
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 12:03:21 AM »
something isn't right in your configuration. I have similar setup with far inferior videocard and i'm getting solid 60fps on full resolution 1920x1200.

What are your other video config settings ?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 01:18:48 AM »
I suggest you start with the settings as they are in the attached image, and then if anything move the four top sliders left, or turn off shadows and reflections to suit your tastes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 08:19:37 AM »
Post a dxdiag, well the first third so they can check your drivers and such.

Next as Challanger said post in game settings as well as the texture size your using (first screen under "video settings")

Enviroment and post lighting as well anti-alison eat FRs.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 10:28:31 AM »
Yes, there's something wrong either with your settings or your computer. A DxDiag output will help to see if there's something wrong with your hardware, drivers etc. If the i5 is even near the 3 GHz range you should be able to max everything except the Environment Map slider and still get a solid 60 FPS.

Possible explanations for your poor performance: No dedicated motherboard drivers installed, video card settings maxxed in the Nvidia control panel, Environment Map maxxed, Windows Update eating half of your processor cycles...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »
Just curious, how many processes are running before you start AH?

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 11:19:46 AM »
OK so I went out and bought a new rig to run AH III. Machine is i5, 1.5tb, 12gig of ram, g-force 970 w 2gig of built in ram. So a total of 16gig of ram.  My issue I still can't run full immersion and have to turn stuff off , :bhead
Getting about 30 fps with half of the eye candy turned off. 15 to 20 with most turned on.

Question- my monitor is 5 to 6 years old. Do I need a new monitor to make this game run better.  Not running 1080 only about 720 or something like that.
I love this game and want to keep playing but so far not impressed by what I see. I need to run a better frame rate to avoid a crappy playing experience.  Laid out too much money for bad graphics so far.

I have a similar rig.  It's an i5, 3.5 GHz, but with only 8 gb ram.  My video card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 8 gb of memory.  I can run the game with every bell and whistle cranked up to max, FR never goes below 60.

Maybe it's your card?  Are you sure it only has 2 gb of memory?  Even so, I'd think 2 gb would be ok.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:22:33 AM by 8thJinx »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 04:39:29 PM »

I agree with everyone else.  You should have no problems.  Bring the environmental slider down, check nVidia control panel and click 'Restore' in the 3D graphics section to make sure everything is set to default, mostly 'Application Controlled'.

Update drivers, make sure you have the newest 64-bit driver from nVidia.

Check background processes, turn off unnecessary services.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline Driver

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm not very techy but will take the suggestions and work on it. My grown son is pretty good with computers so I will have him look it over.
Thanks a gain for getting back to me much appreciated.
 :salute
The old shall overcome youth, ability and talent by decit, treachery and wickedness