Author Topic: a fresh look from an outsider.  (Read 535 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
a fresh look from an outsider.
« on: September 06, 2016, 11:37:42 AM »
ACES HIGH FEATURES
Aces High is a massive multi-player online combat simulation centered around the World War II air-war. Here are some of the highlights.
•   Accurate flight modeling of over 120 aircraft, vehicles, and boats from around the world.
•   Fight against hundreds of real players from around the world.
•   Multiple arenas with unique environments offer different styles of gameplay.
•   Constant updates and additions keep the game fresh.
•   Create historical skins for your plane.
•   Start or join a squadron for even more fun.
•   Participate in special events from World War II.
•   Learn from films you can record and view using the Aces High Film Viewer.
•   Design and build your own terrain with the Aces High Terrain Editor.
•   In game voice support.
•   The most flexible view system in the genre. Tailor it to your liking.
•   Full, true 3D cockpits.
•   Customize your commands on the keyboard and the joystick.
•   In-game secure account management.
•   Auto-update in the game for all updates.
•   Auto-update for all new skins released for the game.
•   Free offline practice and missions.
•   Free 2 week online trial (no billing information needed).

A friend of mine took  a look at Aces High  and asked why I continue to paid for a game that is using false advertising to draw people in.  I asked what do you mean?  He pointed out that the game you pay to play hasn’t received “Constant updates and additions Keep the game fresh” since January 31, 2014.
He questioned the number of players and said it is hardly “Fight against hundreds of real players from around the world”
And after he reviewed the historical skins on aircraft he pointed out that all German aircraft are missing the most historical part of each skin.   I tried to explain that AHII will be replaced with AH3 and that all their efforts since January 31, 2014 have been geared towards that end.
His response was if they had just done what they advertised and performed the constant updates and additions they could have keep the game fresh all that time.  I said , they don’t work that way.  Needless to say, he passed.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes