Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Wish list
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:48:39 AM »
Option to suppress control mode messages.

When you have ENY....red out planes not available due to ENY limits...if that is not possible, message when you enter Hanger to inform you of ENY limits.

Wingtip vortices effect--forgive the cross post of games....but this was under work but never implemented..and was to come on at >5Gs...gives an indication of G being pulled (besides looking cool!).

Take a look at Real world picture....attachment below.

Drag on 38L Dive recovery flaps.  Presently they just extend your compressability speed with no resulting drag.

Maneuver flap on 38s--J and L--8 degrees?

« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:47:15 AM by Dobs »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Wish list
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:15:22 AM »
I get indication of pulling g-forces when I start blacking  or reding out. oh there is a wish list in the forums
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 10:37:29 AM »
I like it Dobs!

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 10:47:47 AM »
I get indication of pulling g-forces when I start blacking  or reding out. oh there is a wish list in the forums

Should have clarified....indication of Bandits G's:)
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 07:21:42 AM »
i see you're using same view system I am :) 2 control sets for 90 i 45 angle :D

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 08:50:04 AM »
i see you're using same view system I am :) 2 control sets for 90 i 45 angle :D

You know it:)  Been that way forever and ever amen. Have a Track IR sitting on my desktop, but between having to don a hat to have tracking sensor, and then feeling like I have parkinsons when I'm dogfighting, I found I didn't like it.  I did like it for "sight seeing"....:)

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 09:41:13 AM »
+1    Option to suppress control mode messages.   

Also using "modes" for two view sets, and have just started trying TIR.  I'm coming to the same conclusion -- it's nice for sight seeing, but not for dogfighting.  Although, I it does seem useful for de-acking, allowing easy survey of the field when the view is zoomed.  And, it gives me an excuse to wear my, "Wings Over Houston AW Con 1995" hat.   :D

KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 09:57:00 AM »
+1    Option to suppress control mode messages.   

Also using "modes" for two view sets, and have just started trying TIR.  I'm coming to the same conclusion -- it's nice for sight seeing, but not for dogfighting.  Although, I it does seem useful for de-acking, allowing easy survey of the field when the view is zoomed.  And, it gives me an excuse to wear my, "Wings Over Houston AW Con 1995" hat.   :D

What do you use for the straight up view? If you assign a "view up" button you can use it to modify your hat views to look up as well as looking straight up with it. TIR works well for dogfighting when it's set up correctly but it takes time to get used to it.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
FLS--

Essentially when you use two control modes, all the programming is the same EXCEPT views.

In level views, you have all levels PLUS 45 up. In high views, all views and Forward is STRAIGHT UP view.

All it does is enable you to free that finger for HOTAS...as it it just a toggle away from view change. 

Being able to separate the Orange messages (System) from the Yellow (HOST) would solve the problem as well. Or a disable option  for Control mode.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM

Offline fd ski

• Silver Member
      • http://www.northotwing.com/wing/
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 02:15:27 PM »
and old farts come out of the wood work one by one ;)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
FLS--

Essentially when you use two control modes, all the programming is the same EXCEPT views.

In level views, you have all levels PLUS 45 up. In high views, all views and Forward is STRAIGHT UP view.

All it does is enable you to free that finger for HOTAS...as it it just a toggle away from view change. 

Being able to separate the Orange messages (System) from the Yellow (HOST) would solve the problem as well. Or a disable option  for Control mode.

Maybe I am not reading this correctly, but you can redirect messages to another tab in the comm buffer.

Move your mouse cursor over the text buffer and when the frame is displayed, right-click on the menu bar to create new tabs and edit what is directed there.  You can also just turn off messages being sent to any tab.  Is that what you mean?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 02:43:21 PM »
Is there a way to move all messages from the pop up box into the text buffer?
"You don't have enough perks" and "ENY" pop ups in particular.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 02:59:42 PM »

. . . Take a look at Real world picture....attachment below.

Drag on 38L Dive recovery flaps.  Presently they just extend your compressability speed with no resulting drag.

Maneuver flap on 38s--J and L--8 degrees?

Not sure if this was meant for your wish but;  There is no way to measure drag in AH at the speeds in a dive that make the flap drag a significant contributor.  If it can be modeled, it is modeled best I can tell.  An example the door open on the c47 slows it down.  Few people would even look but they modeled it.

Yes the first notch of flaps in AH's P-38 represents 8 degrees of flap.  It is the point the extension railing hits a stop.  Anything after that, the flap no longer extends but does pitch down like a trailing edge hinged flap.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 04:12:21 PM »
Skuzzy,

Not sure about others, but moving System messages to another tab doesn't help.  I want to see some System messages -- field captures, kills, icon setting, etc. -- but the "mode" messages are filling the buffer and they aren't useful (to me).  Since I use mode switching to add views to the hat, I'm changing modes 10 times a minute when close to enemies -- much more in a dogfight.

If the "mode" messages were tagged as "Help" (or something) instead of "System" I could turn them off without losing anything I need to see.

I certainly can live with a buffer full of "mode", just adding my +1 to the wish.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 02:48:29 PM »
Not sure if this was meant for your wish but;  There is no way to measure drag in AH at the speeds in a dive that make the flap drag a significant contributor.  If it can be modeled, it is modeled best I can tell.  An example the door open on the c47 slows it down.  Few people would even look but they modeled it.

Yes the first notch of flaps in AH's P-38 represents 8 degrees of flap.  It is the point the extension railing hits a stop.  Anything after that, the flap no longer extends but does pitch down like a trailing edge hinged flap.

So here is a picture of "dive recovery flaps":

Better/more modern picture:

Right now, in game, sticking 8" of metal into the slipstream adds no drag.  Us new guys joke on takeoff--"check dive recovery flaps on" when we take a 38L heavy for some JABO missions.  Because it doesn't hurt your performance, it only increases the speed at which you compress.

As far as Maneuver flap settings go--seems to me first notch doesn't do much, but adding more flaps does...I get more lift with not very much associated drag.  51, 47, and 38 all had a "slap down" maneuver flap setting for combat purposes. Everybody else had to hold the lever until desired drag was obtained and then reset it to stop.  Don't really care about that very much....but there was a reason for the maneuver flaps on the 38...the WWIIaircraft perfomance website states: "c.    The P-38G turns much better than the P-38F (will close 180° in 360° circle) due to maneuver flaps." Pretty substantial turn increase... 
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM