Author Topic: AH3 needs and want's  (Read 2782 times)

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
AH3 needs and want's
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:36:01 PM »
NEED A BETTER MINI MAP ("Icons wayyyyyy to big")
NEED TO BE ABLE TO SEE BASES FROM FURTHER THAN 3K OUT (how the hell can I bomb something if I can't see it)
NEED TO SEE TRACERS (how can I correct my aim if I can't see where the bullets are going)
Want a different sound package this one just sucks

I'm sorry to say that overall I am not impressed. I know the AH team has put a lot of hard work into this but I just don't see this as an upgrade from AH2.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: AH3 needs and want's
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 06:42:52 PM »
Post your system specs and game settings (including FOV). I'm sure someone can make suggestions to help you.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 06:49:28 PM »
Yes, the default sounds aren't as good as some of the custom sounds we had in Ah2 but give the sound pack makers some time to get used to the new sound system and release their sound packs.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 06:23:31 AM »
Brighter tracers would be welcome to older eyes. :old:

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 06:56:47 AM »
Brighter tracers would be welcome to older eyes. :old:

Yep...less smoke trails, brighter tracers! Feels like I'm an X wing fighter at times:)

I see bases from WAY out....so you are limiting yourself somehow in what distance objects are getting drawn.

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 06:58:27 AM »
I'd say right now the biggest single thing that could be done is to brighten up the tracers and sprites.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 11:36:46 AM »
Also sound directionality needs to be improved, especially for explosions and GVs firing. I can tell direction of moving GVs fairly well but not as well as in AH2. Explosions and guns, much tougher. And for those who are going to make the recommendation, I have the Sounblaster Z.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 12:16:32 PM »
My good friend Qbert, has a way of stomping his feet sometimes  :D  It is good to know, that since the alpha testing, many months ago, I have seen a number of suggestions from players take hold and become a part of what we see in this pre release of AH3.  HTC, has let it be known that his priorities in addressing issues don't always meet with that of the testers. 

Now, I have seen changes in map icon size (at least for player icon and vox icons), changes in visibility of tracers and smoke trails (very recently), a number of improvements to framerates (which enable greater detail through sliders), and many more that possibly Qbert and a casual observer might not pay attention to immediately.  Most like myself, find it hard to go back to AH2 game play after exposure to the future (and hopefully near future) version. 

My thoughts are, that in time, we will see improvements to those areas highlighted in this thread.  My personal WANT...... I wish that bases surrounding HQ were uncapturable.  I did notice 2 improvements to the HQ downtime situation that I am greatly in favor of:  1) Loss of HQ no longer kills friendly dot radar and 2) strat bases flash (at one point, HQ could be attacked without any visual map indicator).

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 06:07:53 PM »
for some reason it only posed part of a longer post, will try again, and NO it's a AMD 7750 with 2GBDDR5 RAM. more than enough to run AH3.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 07:18:12 PM by qbert55ca »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 06:21:38 PM »
I'll start with my system so you all understand it's NOT a lack of system related post.

Operating system- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM 16MB
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 (LGA1155)
Videocard

Hmmmm videocard, or are you using the video chip in the cpu?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 07:38:54 PM »
for some reason it only posed part of a longer post, will try again, and NO it's a AMD 7750 with 2GBDDR5 RAM. more than enough to run AH3.

While your AMD 7750 might be enough to run AH3, it is not enough to run AH3 at full or even medium settings.  It's a 4+ year old, low budget video card that when first released was barely able to run any games.  For AH3, I would recommend you set your video textures to 512 and then the graphic settings in-game to the lowest settings and make sure the Environmental slider is set to 0.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline qbert55ca

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 08:07:47 PM »
I'm not having problems with frame rates, they average 55+. Dropping the texture sized just increased the motion sickness back to where it was when AH3 beta first came out.

Offline jollyFE

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »
A plotter function on the map, say draw a line from your aircraft icon to a point on the map; get heading and distance(possibly even time based on current speed).
Every time a Nit vulches,  an angel get it's wings.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 09:29:10 AM »
A plotter function on the map, say draw a line from your aircraft icon to a point on the map; get heading and distance(possibly even time based on current speed).

+1

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 10:18:21 AM »
Yes!  This!