Author Topic: Pilot wound dialed up?  (Read 626 times)

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
Pilot wound dialed up?
« on: September 28, 2016, 10:09:36 PM »
I've died in the cockpit twice from a pilot wound while trying to fly back to a base one sector away. That's the first two times this year, so I presume there's been a change to code in this version..

If the chances are the same as in AH2, and my deaths in cockpit are coincidence, my apologies.

But if the chances of dying in the cockpit from a pilot wound has been dialed up, dying in the plane is very frustrating.

If this is the case, I suggest the potential of pilot to die of wounds in the cockpit be dialed back.

-Mutha

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Pilot wound dialed up?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 08:31:33 AM »
It would should not have changed. The only way it could change is on a plane by plane bases. what plane do you fly?

HiTech

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:42:59 AM »
I've died in the cockpit twice from a pilot wound while trying to fly back to a base one sector away. That's the first two times this year, so I presume there's been a change to code in this version..

If the chances are the same as in AH2, and my deaths in cockpit are coincidence, my apologies.

But if the chances of dying in the cockpit from a pilot wound has been dialed up, dying in the plane is very frustrating.

If this is the case, I suggest the potential of pilot to die of wounds in the cockpit be dialed back.

-Mutha

I can't speak to a code change, but are you aware that fluid leaks, blood included, seem to have at least "slow" and "fast" varieties?  I've never been able to pin it down precisely, but I do notice leaks take varying amounts of time to run out, as well as pilot wounds.  Could be you just happened to get a couple fast ones in circumstances where it was a factor?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 09:58:08 AM »
HiTech, I was (and am always) in a P-51D.  The last pilot wound was from a TU-2.

Wiley, I am aware of the fast/slow fluid loss effect. I used to judge my deteriorating condition when my blackouts lasted longer, and more frequently. I knew (or presumed) that if a blackout lasted a loooooong time, it might be better to exit the aircraft, hit the silk, and spend the war as a living POW.

However, the last two pilot wound deaths (both in AH3) seemed to happen without the warnings that I expected.

Again, I recognize that these indicators may have all been in my imagination.

I really love the challenge of trying to make it back to a base with a bust plane or body - it's as rewarding as landing kills. I'm just requesting a little more warning/indication when I'm bleeding out!

:salute

Mutha

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 10:24:40 AM »
Pilot wounds haven't really changed for me. Some gunners are much better at giving them than others.

There's the short/quick variety where you die on the 6th blackout and the long one where you might last 12 blackouts (not sure). If in a perk plane sometimes I'll go for the ditch rather than risk landing and losing all the perks.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 07:17:53 AM »
Nothing changed for me.  I am usually blacking out on final...   ...all the time!

lol
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline mutha

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 09:09:09 AM »
If nothing has changed and blackout deaths are functioning as designed, here's my wish/request:

If the player suffers a pilot wound, blackouts increase with more frequency and last longer as pilot is "dying," with some variant on time (so player can't know exactly when death will occur). Of course, a player can get a severe wound immediately, in which case his blackouts will immediately be frequent and long-lasting.

This way, the player can get a general assessment of his wound, and make choices (try to land, bail, ditch, etc.) based on this assessment.

I believe it's a simple way to make pilot wound/blackouts more fun for the player, and give the player enough info to make a decision. I also think this change won't be received negatively by any players.

Thanks!

Mutha
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:13:03 AM by mutha »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
I believe that's how it works now Mutha. The severity of the wound increases the frequency of blackouts and decreases survival time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:28:06 AM by FLS »