Author Topic: VR AH3 dot/mouse  (Read 510 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
VR AH3 dot/mouse
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:07:23 PM »
Lost the post in the Beta thread - is there any way to control the cursor/dot with the mouse instead of the VR headset?  Right now it's impossible for me to grab the clipbboard in AH3, and thus do..well anything pretty much, as the dot disappears as soon as I move it higher on the clipboard than the map area - so I can't grab it and move it right now.  Tried cntrl+f4 - also hitting f10 really screws things up right now too I've found while in VR.  Anyhow, major issue for me is I can't move or control the clipboard, since the cursor can't be controlled with the mouse I've found this to be getting worse, and as of the last update, I'm literally stuck.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: VR AH3 dot/mouse
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 01:14:08 PM »
It wouldn't help, the mouse system is simply a different use of the dot.

But to fix yourself rename VF_clipflight.cfg in the settings folder and post it here so I can duplicate and fix the issue.

HiTech

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:20:44 PM »
Tried cntrl+f4 - also hitting f10 really screws things up right now too I've found while in VR.

Your head moves up incrementally every time you hit F10?  I've noticed the same thing with TrackIR.  Seems to happen when your head is higher than default setting.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 01:27:51 PM »
Rooooger dodger.  And yes Wiley, I was hitting it by mistake thinking maybe it'd let me reposition my head, but it would do pretty much what you said, and hitting F6/F5 would make it quit and then cntrlF4 would recenter me again.

I can't believe how fantastic VR with the Rift is already.  I see a VR only squad is starting up now too, I hoped that would happen, as it'll drive progress and VR use forward IMO.

Uploaded the cfg file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ka2t0ow8b7h9vk5/VR_clipFLIGHT.cfg

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:06 PM »
The way it seems to work is, if I hit F9 to disable TIR, choose a savepoint higher than default, and then hit F10 to save it, when I re-enable TIR with F9 it jumps my head up around a quarter inch or so.  I can compensate for it to get my view where I want it, but it's fiddly.  If I leave TIR enabled and just hit F10 repeatedly, it moves up incrementally.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 02:01:09 PM »
I find that sometimes using cntrlF4 in game causes VR to get stuck, ie I can look around, but the cockpit is locked to the forward view and follows my head around, the only way out is to close AH with the control panel, as the cursor won't unlock in this view either.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 02:13:08 PM »
  I see a VR only squad is starting up now too, I hoped that would happen, as it'll drive progress and VR use forward IMO.

Just to clarify that, we aren't VR only, we just all acquired VR so I think we may be the first all VR squad but there is no plan to require VR.

I find that when the dot disappears moving the mouse brings it back even though the headset is moving the dot.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 02:31:32 PM »
That's not what I mean, what keeps happening to me is that the center ends up being locked, ie I turn my head and the cockpit stays centered, and the world moves around it, I can't look around the cockpit, and have to open the task manager to quit and restart. 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 02:37:41 PM »
That's not what I mean, what keeps happening to me is that the center ends up being locked, ie I turn my head and the cockpit stays centered, and the world moves around it, I can't look around the cockpit, and have to open the task manager to quit and restart.

Next time try pressing F1.

HiTech

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 03:32:15 PM »
I have, that doesn't work - I've tried all the F1/Fetc keys, and everything else I can think of.  Probably every 2nd launch into the game, at some point the Rift will lock up to the center as described.  I have to use cntrlF4 every launch as the game always launches out of center, and once I use cntrlF4 it's a crap shoot whether or not this happens.  I've re centered the Rift in the desktop app a bunch of times, but always have the same result when launching AH3.  The dot/cursor issue is gone now though, and I can navigate around just fine once again.  Is there any way to adjust the seat position in VR, or is it default all the time?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 03:53:30 PM »
I have, that doesn't work - I've tried all the F1/Fetc keys, and everything else I can think of.  Probably every 2nd launch into the game, at some point the Rift will lock up to the center as described.  I have to use cntrlF4 every launch as the game always launches out of center, and once I use cntrlF4 it's a crap shoot whether or not this happens.  I've re centered the Rift in the desktop app a bunch of times, but always have the same result when launching AH3.  The dot/cursor issue is gone now though, and I can navigate around just fine once again.  Is there any way to adjust the seat position in VR, or is it default all the time?

Simply move your head to where you want the default and press F10 (physically move I.E. with oculus NOT the view keys), note the view will jump because that will be the base seat postiont.

You can do this for all views.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 04:09:22 PM »
Simply move your head to where you want the default and press F10 (physically move I.E. with oculus NOT the view keys), note the view will jump because that will be the base seat postiont.

You can do this for all views.

HiTech

When I tried that it didn't save the position after end flight.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 04:18:21 PM »
When I tried that it didn't save the position after end flight.

Fixed for the next patch, it is saving correctly but not loading if a vr headset was in use VR.

On a side note if you wish to make 2 icons non vr and vr there is a command line options of -mode novr or -mode oculus or -mode vive

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2016, 04:25:12 PM »
Cool. Does that skip the opening question " Do you want to use your ... "

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2016, 04:39:10 PM »
Ah very cool, I have both VR hooked up to my AH machine, this will come in very handy for choosing either or none. 

I've read SO much about guys getting nausea, and it's never happened to me in either VR headset, I was beginning to think it was an old wives tale.  Fighting with Dolby and some others today, I got my first dose of it - complete roller coaster ride, how can a feeling be both amazing and nauseous at the same time?  Such amazing immersion coming out of dives near the water, I'm so addicted to VR in AH3 right now, it's literally made me sick - for the first time.  Passed quickly though and hasn't come back, I think it was just the first time in a real rolling fight over water and near the deck.  Can't wait to fly more, thanks for the update HT, AH3 is further ahead than any other cockpit game in VR already IMO, and you're really just getting warmed up in terms of the time others have put in.  Very excited about current and future prospects for VR in this game.