Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41344 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2016, 02:09:29 PM »
If I'm not pulling Gs....why do I black out or red out. I'm assuming you're trying to say you don't pull Gs in this manuever

You black out or red out when you exceed G limits for the pilot, do you see G loads snap rolling that would break the aircraft?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:16:32 PM by FLS »

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2016, 02:14:19 PM »
I can say without question the D9 does not perform the same as it did in AH2. With the ridiculous amount of time I've spent in that bird over the last bunch of years. If something its different, even minor. I'm gonna notice. 

As I've said before there are certain maneuvers what have become second nature to me over the years and certain things I used to be able to do at specific speeds that now send me into a stall. One in particular is one I liked to use in the vertical using a combination of stick,throttle and flaps created a maneuver similar to what Skyyr used to like to do in the 152 in snapping his nose around only without needing to shut off my engine.

Its like the plane doesnt respond the same to flaps the same as it used to. The nose also doesn't want to pull around as nimbly as it used to also

I also notice the 152 doesnt seem as prone to stalls as it was. Or at least not the same types of stalls it was before. Its almost like the two were switched.

I've also experienced the same type stalls while turning in the D9 that is shown on the film presented here.

My first inclination is always to look at things on my end first. Particularly in this case as I was previously some having stick spiking issues. But I have since resolved that problem,  Compound that  with If it were happening to all the planes I were flying I'd see that as proof its something on my end. But that isn't the case.
Im seeing most of the planes having their own nuances. what causes a stall in one doesnt particularly cause a stall in another under the same conditions.

As I've also said. Im looking at things in that is just how the game now is and I just have to re learn the game. But this is what I am seeing

Apply this to the A-5 as well. It feels very off, especially in vertical maneuvers.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2016, 02:56:15 PM »
You black out or red out when you exceed G limits for the pilot, do you see G loads snap rolling that would break the aircraft?
What? How are you getting to breaking an aircraft from my comments? What I'm saying is that I don't physically think a pilot could function after doing these manuevers, let alone make a shot afterwards...now I'm not talking about aerobatic manuevers but Aces High in game irradiated behavior which a film has already been posted of. Heck last night Devil 505 and I were shooting at a guy who.was bouncing around all over in near level flight NOE...tell me how in real life these manuevers are pulled off....you cant, because it's created by differences between input on controls and what we see as enemy on our end.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2016, 03:07:53 PM »
What? How are you getting to breaking an aircraft from my comments? What I'm saying is that I don't physically think a pilot could function after doing these manuevers, let alone make a shot afterwards...now I'm not talking about aerobatic manuevers but Aces High in game irradiated behavior which a film has already been posted of. Heck last night Devil 505 and I were shooting at a guy who.was bouncing around all over in near level flight NOE...tell me how in real life these manuevers are pulled off....you cant, because it's created by differences between input on controls and what we see as enemy on our end.

I'm talking about the flight model, you're talking about something you saw that I haven't seen so I can't comment on it unless I see it.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2016, 03:14:49 PM »
My terms are correct.

High AOA is high AOA regardless of deck angle. However, nose pointing ability while at high AOA AND high deck angle is the most relevant situation.

And the forces on the pilot at the center of rotation in the Lomcovak are quite a bit less than on the propellor/ engine out at the end of the lever.

So, yes, the pilot experiences relatively minor forces during the typical Lomcovak but that does not equate to what the engine/prop or tail is experiencing.

I can see I have touched a nerve so I with respectfully withdraw from further comment.

I am not seeking to change anything nor win an internet victory.

<S>

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2016, 03:21:25 PM »
Always happy to discuss opinions. You seem to be ignoring the loss of yaw stabilization at low speeds and the orientation of gravity. Flying the maneuvers and watching the films is helpful for discussion.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2016, 03:27:51 PM »
I'm talking about the flight model, you're talking about something you saw that I haven't seen so I can't comment on it unless I see it.
I'm talking about the films posted any many other situations like that...doesn't matter if it's AHfilm or not that isn't a thing in BFM, ACM or any sort of manuevering for aircraft...it's just lag on one end or the other which creates a graphic error on the end of the person looking at it.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2016, 03:29:10 PM »
Both the film I posted and the film Dolby posted show the problem.  We do not believe this is a physical world issue but rather something graphical in game.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »
Loss of yaw stability at low speed with power up should be a bear since the P-Factor would be huge at this point.

AoA is AOA...regardless of pitch attitude.  If you break down you just have gravity helping you...

Snap rolls are one thing...end over end tumbling should end up with significant alt loss since you are now falling vs flying.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2016, 03:38:25 PM »
Loss of yaw stability at low speed with power up should be a bear since the P-Factor would be huge at this point.

AoA is AOA...regardless of pitch attitude.  If you break down you just have gravity helping you...

Snap rolls are one thing...end over end tumbling should end up with significant alt loss since you are now falling vs flying.
You're exactly right, shouldn't maintain any sort of E especially with air hitting perpendicular to the wing...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2016, 03:43:30 PM »

P-factor is a small part of the rotational forces, the biggest is likely the spiral thrust against the tail and you'd get gyroscopic precession from yanking the stick back or pushing it forward. Get them all working together and rotate with gravity.

If you can manage end over end tumbling in Aces High please post it.  I don't mean shoulder rolls. :D

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »
Both the film I posted and the film Dolby posted show the problem.  We do not believe this is a physical world issue but rather something graphical in game.
Graphics wise it looks like the plane should be closer to stall speed after the manuever...but generally that plane will still have enough E to take a shot in AH.

I don't think this is an AH3 thing I just think people have figured it out. Legit watch GHI films from when you could fly in F3 mode in IL2s...all he was really doing was slight nose left or right manuevers while dumping his stick forward and chopping trottle...but on the other guys end it looks like he is nosing into the ground flipping
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2016, 05:45:45 PM »
P-factor is a small part of the rotational forces, the biggest is likely the spiral thrust against the tail and you'd get gyroscopic precession from yanking the stick back or pushing it forward. Get them all working together and rotate with gravity.

If you can manage end over end tumbling in Aces High please post it.  I don't mean shoulder rolls. :D

Should have said "torque, P-factor, and the associated effects of swinging a big old prop with a 2000+ HP engine with not enough airspeed for directional stability", but figured that was too much of a mouthful thinking that P-factor/torque/gyroscopic precession would be assumed.

Anyone have an idea of how much a P-51 Prop weighs?  1200ish lbs or so with an 11' diameter....that generates a ton of force.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2016, 06:52:47 PM »
If you changed your stick scaling in AH2 make sure to change them the way you had them in AH3.  Wouldn't surprise me if that was some of the problem
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2016, 07:33:51 PM »
Should have said "torque, P-factor, and the associated effects of swinging a big old prop with a 2000+ HP engine with not enough airspeed for directional stability", but figured that was too much of a mouthful thinking that P-factor/torque/gyroscopic precession would be assumed.

Anyone have an idea of how much a P-51 Prop weighs?  1200ish lbs or so with an 11' diameter....that generates a ton of force.

The engine weighs 1600 lbs. You sure the prop weighs 1200?