Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41351 times)

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #150 on: September 26, 2016, 11:14:17 AM »
Dobs turn off auto trim and pull the same maneuvers in the corsair. Bet you flop onto your canopy.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: September 26, 2016, 11:15:58 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 11:38:40 AM by Skuzzy »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #152 on: September 26, 2016, 11:31:12 AM »
think I could handle it after a couple practice runs.

You missed my point. If you ever crashed an F4U in game then you "died" in it.  The F4U is an eliminator in the game. It wasn't hard to handle for experienced pilots.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: September 26, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »

:noid
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #154 on: September 26, 2016, 12:06:58 PM »
I don't know if the F4U-4 still does the same inexperienced player killing on landing. In AH1 and early AH2, I kept loosing them just at flair over the end of the runway because I would increase throttle too fast to pick up a sinking wing. A few times I flipped it on it's back just over the runway. In AH3 the pony and griffon spit don't seem as unforgiving as they used to.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2016, 12:12:13 PM »
Starfox is also Mythical...his flying style is beyond obvious but that's not enough proof...
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »
I don't know if the F4U-4 still does the same inexperienced player killing on landing. In AH1 and early AH2, I kept loosing them just at flair over the end of the runway because I would increase throttle too fast to pick up a sinking wing. A few times I flipped it on it's back just over the runway. In AH3 the pony and griffon spit don't seem as unforgiving as they used to.

No combat trim used....and yes you get a mild, "I'm going over" if you go WEP at stall speed in the -4.    -4 was really the only one I could find that said "I'm a high performance monster with a buttload of HP!" and didn't handle like a Honda Odyssey.
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2016, 12:23:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

:noid
Bet you end up in Skyyr's next Youtube video...because someone "PMed" him about people in game  :aok Heck I'm already expecting one about me.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: September 26, 2016, 12:26:58 PM »
I never went to WEP, suddenly spooling up that prop in the condition I had the 4u on flair did it every time. I finally gave up on flaps at landing with it and drove it onto the runway, and way down to the other end slowly using breaks. With the late AH2 graphics upgrade, it became more forgiving with flaps out during landing. And there became a whole faction of people who started complaining about the Hog family and it's magic flaps about that time too.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #159 on: September 26, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: September 26, 2016, 12:40:46 PM »
Granted I missed the whole skyrr saga, but I don't get what is so bad about Starfox aside from people thinking he is skyrr.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: September 26, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »
Granted I missed the whole skyrr saga, but I don't get what is so bad about Starfox aside from people thinking he is skyrr.

I don't think he's Skyyr either, have seen him do things Skyyr would never do.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: September 26, 2016, 12:52:32 PM »
He fly's a bit more like Kruel or one of the others who flew with them in the neoDamnd squad. Still, whom ever this player is, he is pulling off a pretty good troll by mimicking a generalized variation on skyyr's style. The clincher is the almost 100% kill rate if he HO's. I suspect that is clouding really looking for differences in the rest of the flying style.

If it were a forum troll, I'd put it up there with a kappa troll. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #163 on: September 26, 2016, 01:01:38 PM »
I don't think he's Skyyr either, have seen him do things Skyyr would never do.
I concur.  Not as slick as Skyturd, but not as sucky as some of his evil minions that still inhabit the AH world.  You minions know who you are... :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: September 26, 2016, 02:03:53 PM »
He's just doing the same thing he did to get banned for...it's impossible to provide past coincidence but he's literally bee lined to me at me at 3 different fields on 3 sorties in a row even having changed countries on the last one...I don't mind fighting anyone but when he has the upper hand in EVERY one of our engagements, it gets annoying....so now I just fly on opposite country he is on to avoid him.
DFC Member
"Yikes"