Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41349 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2016, 01:28:03 PM »
Doesn't matter if it is or isnt...reply is all the same.

If you won I'd consider it good-natured advice rather than a whine  :aok

I don't get how you guys who've been playing forever still get hit by HO'S enough for it to still bother you.

AH is my first flight sim and where I quickly learned that HOing was 'bad'. It was a cultural aspiration I think back when quality was at least an equal consideration to the result.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »
Doesn't make me rage or anything man...Im just spreading awareness; )

Teaching merges and lag pursuit works better.   :aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2016, 01:37:18 PM »
This should be the first thought in everyone before the HO is ever considered  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2016, 02:11:47 PM »
Skyyrfox changed his name the other day and consistently found where me and silent were fighting (when I wasnt hunting the MYTHICAL skyyr  :noid) I told him several times of his BS...so I upped a tempy...waited until he was enagaged with silent...swooped in at 450 and took his wing off...he proceeded to fall 6000 feet...straight down...missing a wing...silent followed him down as I stood off at alt waiting...his plane hits the ground and the icon disappears...I am awarded no kill...I have the film if anyone doesn't believe me...next sortie I was promptly dispatched by this MYTHICAL pilot again after being 2.5k above him going 330 in a spit pull vert...he split esses up and follows me closing the entire time in his spit16 and never stalling...his nose never bobbled

Where did I heard that before?!  :headscratch: LilMak!  :D You have to film stuff like that or did not happen  :) What is interesting to me is he is not constant in his performance. Few flights he will miss easy shots and get outflown, far away from his usual lazer shooting and never running out of E flying .I do have a few example of StarFox repeatidly zeroing on me as I travel around the map, cases of a single 20mm hit at 500y ripping my P47 whole tail off and a recorded event of him lowering the gear at 210MPH in a 109. Could all be internet lag. But I enjoy fighting him because it forces me to try to be better in my flying and understanding some of the stuff he does. Off course we are talking about someone that spends his whole life in the game, he is bound to shoot/fly light years ahead of the regular joe like myself. :old:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2016, 02:13:51 PM »
Where did I heard that before?!  :headscratch: LilMak!  :D You have to film stuff like that or did not happen  :) What is interesting to me is he is not constant in his performance. Few flights he will miss easy shots and get outflown, far away from his usual lazer shooting and never running out of E flying .I do have a few example of StarFox repeatidly zeroing on me as I travel around the map, cases of a single 20mm hit at 500y ripping my P47 whole tail off and a recorded event of him lowering the gear at 210MPH in a 109. Could all be internet lag. But I enjoy fighting him because it forces me to try to be better in my flying and understanding some of the stuff he does. Off course we are talking about someone that spends his whole life in the game, he is bound to shoot/fly light years ahead of the regular joe like myself. :old:

I said the same thing on 200 when HT was on.. he let me know I was "full of crap".

:D

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2016, 02:17:11 PM »
I was also told by one of his ex squaddies on range these exact words.

" I dont know why you are so hard on the guy,  he only hunted you because you put up a good fight"  - scrappy

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2016, 02:31:02 PM »
And then you have just good old fashioned lag, lag switch or stick stirring....take your pick...

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2016, 02:39:11 PM »
I was also told by one of his ex squaddies on range these exact words.

" I dont know why you are so hard on the guy,  he only hunted you because you put up a good fight"  - scrappy

LOL!

Raise your hand if Skyyrfoxmyth has hunted you.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: September 28, 2016, 02:50:37 PM »
I have gave some people some pointers especially after they couldn't figure out how I or others were killing them in KOTH...Anyone is free to ask me for help and I've found giving pointers on 200 or via PM comes off as sounding cocky. I told Molten from Anti horde that he needed to be more aggressive in his attacks and relax on the hi yo yos because I would end up getting equalized with him...he took it at first as me having an ego then later it happened...He dumped E in a high yo yo when I was hiding mine and I climb up and initiated a rolling scissors which I won...if he were more aggressive and less passive I couldn't have held onto my E to climb up...But I think he understands where I was coming from. But like I said, some take tips via 200 or PM as having an ego....so I leave it up to them, they can ask for help which I've never turned anyone away.

I got a film today of that situation I explained above and will be making a Youtube video out of it explaining those points...but I need to find a better film of me fighting from the alt advantage first so I can compare. Unfortunately I don't normally turn the film viewer on when I'm fighting from alt advantage.
I said the same thing on 200 when HT was on.. he let me know I was "full of crap".

:D
Lazer, Frenchy, lil mak, Trogdor, Squat, Puller, Silent02, Sawzaw, Simon, JunkyII....that's 10 people I know about who seem to be saying the same thing about one particular player....It's just coincidence  :rolleyes:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: September 28, 2016, 02:51:35 PM »
LOL!

Raise your hand if Skyyrfoxmyth has hunted you.
I posted 10 of them right above  :aok
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: September 28, 2016, 02:57:36 PM »
 :noid

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 04:25:04 PM by puller »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2016, 03:28:22 PM »
If you can out-turn or out-fly the bandit the head on shot is the only one they get. Telling them not to take it makes for an easier fight.
+1 

Plan on the HO, get the reverse...  Works more than it doesn't.  A HO is a gift to the receiver...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2016, 03:44:58 PM »
..who ever heard of a plane being able to pull the nose up with the engine off...

Bob Hoover.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2016, 03:59:57 PM »
What I think about the appearance of similarities of the two people being talked about in this post are a private matter.

What I think in public is I don't want to see you gentlemen getting officially nailed by Hitech for trying to force him as a "mob" to do something to a "paying customer" because you are demanding him punished.

You might infer we have been given two warnings about this subject so far.
1. Hitech let us know skyyr has not been forgiven and that the player in question is not skyyr.
2. Hitech has replied on ch200, the most public manner possible for our game, that Lazer was full of crap for venturing irregularities in that player's game play.

Something to think about and to test if you want concerning films. When a film is recorded it can only record some limited information about your PC because it has access by physically running on your PC. That info is not passed from your targeted con about his own PC to your film to pickup for Hitech to debug. With that in mind, how can you tell by watching your playback if the player you are shooting at flipping and flopping is suffering from any of the following conditions?

1. - One of the routers his connection runs through to the game is having constant intermittent issues which look exactly like an on\off switch making him fly normally then suddenly erratically back and forth.
2. - His stupid sister accidentally started a download of War and Peace, then took a long bath, and his connection to his home router is WiFi.
3. - His primary connection to the internet is a satellite modem and he only has a WiFi connection from his PC to his modem.
4. - He has a batch file with PING routerWANPORTaddress -t on a laptop in the chair next to him hammering his own home router with a DOS storm.

You have no way of knowing any of the above by filming that player's erratic flight behavior. And the player in question like any of you may have friends in your country willing to PM info about your plane to help him find you. Or like any of you can do, keep a 2 week account or pay for a second account on a laptop with the game running, and a shade sitting in your tower when you take off. That hover the mouse over a tiny fighter and it shows a name. Or .wingman and look for a tiny white fighter.

I don't want to see you gentlemen getting nailed because your only evidence for Hitech about a player you think is finessing the game is anecdotal. Now if it's a possible flip flopping flutter float bug, at least one film shows it very graphically.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2016, 04:02:57 PM »
I don't get how you guys who've been playing forever still get hit by HO'S enough for it to still bother you.

I don't get hit that often, but it is pretty obvious that they are pulling for a HO. At that point I know I'll be dodging HOs.... and pickers while I work for a shot, and sometimes that takes a long time for me.   :D More often than not it doesn't end well for me.