Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41316 times)

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #225 on: September 28, 2016, 04:23:38 PM »
Just to be clear...that jug was NOT starfox.  He was not on when I filmed this....  and the fact that I lived through two attempted gun passes before getting to his six confirmed it:)

Anyhow, smooth as glass until I start shooting and then the funky chicken starts.  Besides the fact that I hit him at least 7 times in there....that is not normal "lag"....whoever it was. 

I was actually trying to get the conversation back on to the topic title!
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: September 28, 2016, 04:36:56 PM »
I've personally never had a problem shooting at Starfox when I do get guns on him, that's not my issue with him...

Dobs, that flip thing isn't just an AH3 thing it was in AH2 as well....GHI used to look the same way in his Il2 to me prior to it getting F3 mode nerfed.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »
Skyyrfox changed his name the other day and consistently found where me and silent were fighting (when I wasnt hunting the MYTHICAL skyyr  :noid) I told him several times of his BS...so I upped a tempy...waited until he was enagaged with silent...swooped in at 450 and took his wing off...he proceeded to fall 6000 feet...straight down...missing a wing...silent followed him down as I stood off at alt waiting...

I have done this myself, lost a wing or part of a wing or a tail, plane goes into a kind of flat spin, sometimes very slowly - hits the side of hill and slides down - and I get a ditch. I'm sure the guy watching must be swearing through his teeth at it.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2016, 06:50:19 PM »
OMG we have some seriously paranoid people here....  :noid
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
Which ever way you look at it Fulcrum it's toejam gameplay.

How often do you get front quarter shots on BoS?  WT? Here?  Has the continual posting and endless debates about Ho shots changed anything?

I'm not defending it. I am just saying HO happen and always will.

Be ready and expect HOs, use it to gain advantage and then demonstrate to the nimrod why HOs are a bad idea.  Many people who continually HO are new or have never learned good tactics.  After you beat the tar out of the guy, message him and explain (nicely) how you beat him.  Maybe offer to show him a few things if he has the time. 

If you mistime your move and lose, swallow the pride, get over it and get a new plane.   Messaging the guy telling him he is a loser for HOing only makes the one who sent the message look like a whiney <rhymes with pitch>.

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2016, 10:30:11 PM »
LOL!

Raise your hand if Skyyrfoxmyth has hunted you.

*raises hand*

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
I retract my statement from earlier saying this has been going on since AH2....maybe it has but it's definitely worse in AH3.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2016, 12:00:03 AM »

You might infer we have been given two warnings about this subject so far.
1. Hitech let us know skyyr has not been forgiven and that the player in question is not skyyr.

Wise words my man, but I'm not talking trash about the guy, I actually enjoy StarFox.

Hitech has his reasons but he his not the one that day after day for 2 years-ish dogfighted Skyyr nor has been tangling with StarFox for the last few months. I have been playing since Beta and never ever did someone brand new showed up and mastered the game right away to Skyyr's level. As stated by others, the flying styles of some can be picked up by veterans. It's not only the flying style, it's the similarity of the tactics used, the planes, the extensive number of hours, the engine cutting, the gunnery accuracy, the Ch200 'debating' and the "tricks". Furthermore, and I will not go in the specifics, stuffs happened with Lonewolf in the DA then StarFox in the MA that truly seemed like an attempt to settle old scores from Skyyr.

If I was the only one to be convinced of it ... so be it ... but I am joined by numerous experienced veterans. I don't buy it.  :)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: September 29, 2016, 12:55:15 AM »
1. Hitech let us know skyyr has not been forgiven and that the player in question is not skyyr.

As far as I'm aware the ony things that can really identify a person online is their MAC address, their IP and their cradit card details. All of which can be faked or substituted.

I'd put more faith in ACM-heads identifying flying. It is close to a fingerprint although some can do reasonably convincing impressions of others.

I would propose that a better approach would be in-game countermeasures to stop consistent griefing. That would stop the pitchfork mobbing and raise confidence that it was being officially addressed. A notification you've been dot wing-manned (with report feature) for instance, or the option to disable it, or a counter for constant player searches per hour but some forum members immediately suggest paranoia because they haven't experienced it and HTC doesn't seem to recognise it's a persistent problem <shrug>.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:57:55 AM by nrshida »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: September 29, 2016, 01:03:11 AM »
Back on topic.. i saw the flippy plane tonight.. it almost looks like when someone pulls too hard,  they stall but the plane literally just spirals in the air.

This was an a6m i saw do it.. looks like the game is having a hard time displaying it.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2016, 09:26:09 AM »
So, Lazur, the issue is "Plane goes into accelerated stall with huge gyrations about all axis, why does it have flying airspeed at the end?" and not end up like an arrow at its Apex? Nose falling down to regain airspeed? Or enter a spin? Hell if you use rudder with flaps down you spin in here....  How can an aircraft do the funky chicken and come out flying at your 6?

GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: September 29, 2016, 09:31:15 AM »
So, Lazur, the issue is "Plane goes into accelerated stall with huge gyrations about all axis, why does it have flying airspeed at the end?" and not end up like an arrow at its Apex? Nose falling down to regain airspeed? Or enter a spin? Hell if you use rudder with flaps down you spin in here....  How can an aircraft do the funky chicken and come out flying at your 6?

Back on topic.. i saw the flippy plane tonight.. it almost looks like when someone pulls too hard,  they stall but the plane literally just spirals in the air.

This was an a6m i saw do it.. looks like the game is having a hard time displaying it.
I don't think the plane is stalling at all I think it's an input on the stick that is coming out like an insane snap roll on our end because the game isn't rendering it properly.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #237 on: September 29, 2016, 09:32:53 AM »

How much speed should it lose?  You seem to think it should always end up below stall speed. Why is that?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: September 29, 2016, 09:38:26 AM »
Not sure,  but it sure looks gamey.  The zeke i saw do it actually fell out of the sky after  the spin.

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: September 29, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »
How much speed should it lose?  You seem to think it should always end up below stall speed. Why is that?

FLS, the best comparison I can give is how a few people learned to spin-turn the 190 back in AW.  Get on their 6, they could spin-turn 180 degrees and fly away where you'd have to do an actual reversal (immelman, yo-yo, split-s, flat turn).

Certain folks seem to have this flippy/spin thing down here where it's nearly impossible to hit them, then they can recover in control and be on your 6 with minimal loss of speed.

It's 'gamey'...in a game.  Profound, I know!   :D

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."