Author Topic: New plane  (Read 2218 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: New plane
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 08:43:43 AM »
It would be nice to see a G55, but I think we could use an Italian bomber first.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 04:14:39 PM »
It would be nice to see a G55, but I think we could use an Italian bomber first.

But which one? Early War is kind of a non-starter these days. You want something not too uber, but not too useless.

SM.79 is really the only one worth considering. It's iconic. It's also slow, weak, undergunned, and very light bomb load. It's an early war icon but one that wouldn't get an iota of use in the main arena.

P.108? Not very representative. 36 built. 4-engines, better bombload (but still not close to existing planes in the late war set), about as much defensive guns as a B-25C. Low ceiling. It would be a big target.

The only other options are the fixed gear SM 80-series, and that's going to go over as well as a Ju-52 would.

Where did you get those numbers?  The charts in the game show the N model (16700lbs.) to be almost as fast (WEP) as the M (14647lbs.)  At equal fuel duration loads the weights are much closer, and the speeds should be closer still.

Exactly.

P-47M and N have the exact same engine. The weight differences are mostly fuel and ammo. There is about 400-and-change extra pounds of weight due to the extension of the wings at the wing roots. Funny enough, the squared wing tips and the redesigned ailerons increased roll rate by almost exactly the same amount as the lengthened wingspan slowed it down. Net result: It loses no performance. The flaps are also slightly longer because the extension was at the wing root, compensating for the extra weight of the additional wing length and the hardware for storing and pumping fuel in the wings.

If weights were equal, the P-47N would be a P-47M. They came at different times for different reasons, you might say, but ended up very similar. One was for short hops across the channel, and the other was for flying to Japan and back.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 04:20:05 PM by Krusty »

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »
Where did you get those numbers?  The charts in the game show the N model (16700lbs.) to be almost as fast (WEP) as the M (14647lbs.)  At equal fuel duration loads the weights are much closer, and the speeds should be closer still.

went to an airfield and pulled up the speed charts for each plane-showed the M being a little faster. was just a guess at how much faster--in the hanger with the fuel set at 25% and no bombs or extra tanks the M showed to be lighter--the N carries 3 bomb racks and rocket racks- so to me it would be heavier and slower..but if you want I can go online an do a proper research.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2016, 10:38:53 PM »
went to an airfield and pulled up the speed charts for each plane-showed the M being a little faster. was just a guess at how much faster--in the hanger with the fuel set at 25% and no bombs or extra tanks the M showed to be lighter--the N carries 3 bomb racks and rocket racks- so to me it would be heavier and slower..but if you want I can go online an do a proper research.

AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2016, 10:20:55 AM »
Bell P-63 Kingcobra please

Game handle: HellBuck

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »
France needs love
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:54:11 AM by TwinBoom »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2016, 01:18:22 PM »
An efficient way to give France something might be to take a P-40C model and modify the shape from an inline Allison engine to a Pratt and Whitney radial, creating the Curtiss H75 Hawk.  (and the P-36 at the same time).

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 12:58:46 PM »
Well if it is like the Fiats friends of mine have owned then be ready for it to rust out right after the electronics in the care go haywire.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
Well if it is like the Fiats friends of mine have owned then be ready for it to rust out right after the electronics in the care go haywire.

:rofl

Id like the F 35 Joint strike fighter.....and given the rate that development is going...Im thinking it should be ready by the time AHXXVII comes out.

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
An efficient way to give France something might be to take a P-40C model and modify the shape from an inline Allison engine to a Pratt and Whitney radial, creating the Curtiss H75 Hawk.  (and the P-36 at the same time).

Considering something like 2/3 or 3/4 of all kills during the Battle of France were from Hawks, this is to me the best option. The second best option would be the MS.406, making up the rest of France's air force at the same time.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2016, 07:17:45 AM »
The H75 Hawk sounds like a fun little ride  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.