Author Topic: FMOD users Q&A thread  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: FMOD users Q&A thread
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2016, 04:02:10 PM »
The M3 is working now. Not perfectly happy with it, but after modifying the transition and volume levels it will be good to go. I used six different rpm levels. Each level is recorded at the same engine rpm, so you don't have to know the actual rpm levels for the tracks, wheels, etc.  I still have to read up on how FMOD does the transition from one sound to another so I can smooth them all out.

It took longer than I thought. I was hoping to release a small sample today, but there just isn't enough yet.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 08:28:43 AM »
The M3 is working now. Not perfectly happy with it, but after modifying the transition and volume levels it will be good to go. I used six different rpm levels. Each level is recorded at the same engine rpm, so you don't have to know the actual rpm levels for the tracks, wheels, etc.  I still have to read up on how FMOD does the transition from one sound to another so I can smooth them all out.

It took longer than I thought. I was hoping to release a small sample today, but there just isn't enough yet.

Tracks should be tied to the "move" event not the engine.

HiTech

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
Yeah, I ended up adding to both so that they would change with the speed of the vehicle, and still interact with the surfaces.

I have to try and break these things or I won't have a good grasp on it all!  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.