Author Topic: Top 5 greatest Aces of Aces High 2  (Read 17264 times)

Offline Bushmills

• Copper Member
Re: Top 5 greatest Aces of Aces High 2
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2016, 11:23:55 AM »
Someone else said it already...stars mean nothing....NOTHING...They are only there to show where your standing is for achievements...not for skill...not for kills...not for rank...for the amount of points you have regarding the achievements

Well they must mean something otherwise they would not be in the game would they? Achievements must have some skill to actually achieve therefore an achievement can be deemed a skill and should be taken into account.

:salute

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2016, 11:25:56 AM »
Hangtime, Nash.. Both killers  Then there was this guy named TORQ who flew the Chog exclusively.  I believe he was probably the reason the Chog was perked..LOL
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 11:26:28 AM »
pipz  system  joker still play-just seen system 2 nights in a row--pipz and joker almost every day
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 11:43:22 AM »
Well they must mean something otherwise they would not be in the game would they? Achievements must have some skill to actually achieve therefore an achievement can be deemed a skill and should be taken into account.

Ok...

So I have had this account open for about 5 years now...I have 3 stars...I am not any good...but I have had the account open for 5 years and accumulated the achievements...just because I landed a 15 kills in a fighter without dying still does not mean I am any good...just because I shot 5,000,000 rounds of ammo doesn't mean I am any good...just because I landed without elevators and with intact stabs does not mean I am any good...

We are talking about The greatest aces of AH2...not people who have the time to accumulate achievements...

Yes they do mean something...not in the aspect of great fighter pilot though...
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2016, 12:01:45 PM »
The star are for achievements in the game yes, but I have been playing since Tour 36 and I have one star. Keep in mind the star system was implemented a couple of years ago, but I don't care about stars. To earn the stars you must complete the achievements for several categories (Fighter, bomber, vehicle, historical, general, etc) The only ones I've ever focused on completing were the historical ones, because to me some of them were the most challenging.

My top five pilots personally:

1. Ditto: Ditto and I have a score of 1-1 at the moment as to how many times we have killed each other since our initial encounter in 2012. I killed his PT Boat in a scenario once, and he got my Yak after I was defensive for 5 minutes against two of JG11, and Ditto came on cleaned my clot at stall speed. Touche sir.

2. Biggamer, one my squaddies and one of the best in the F6F aside from Greebo.

3. Dolby/JOACH1M: they tie in my opinion as those two can fly a 109 regardless of the situation.

4. Anyone in JG11 or any of the other dedicated Luftwaffe squadrons, I have fought many of you and you all are danged good pilots.

5. Trees, they always seem to win in the HO, and I can never shake them...
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »
Ha! Many of those 'legends' never even had a single star during their career. I once reset  with 3, once with four and just got another one again. That's EIGHT friggin stars! I'm basically flying not only in a different league but in an entire different UNIVERSE!  :x :banana: :old:

:uhoh

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 12:17:36 PM »
I've deleted and restarted my account a few times, I think I have about 7 stars in total  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2016, 12:27:12 PM »
Zack is awesome.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2016, 01:06:31 PM »
Scott66 is also the best tanker I have ever pointed my turret at.
He must be related to the Most Interesting Man in the World.

:cheers:

:D :D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2016, 01:33:54 PM »
Lusche owes me a lot of money...does he even realize how many bottle of goo-gone I have had to buy to get all the the snail slime off of my airplanes......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2016, 02:26:35 PM »
While there are many very skilled aces that have come and gone over the years, Drex was a very competent and efficient pilot.

Maybe because I was in the room when he won the first AH Top Gun (Aces High Con 1) and/or because I NEVER shot him down biases me somewhat.  If good manners are also part of an Ace Pilot's make-up, then I'd also say he was a complete pilot and competitor.

All of the pilots mentioned in this list have merit as far as I know but, I'll speak specifically of SnailMan, Bruv119, and AKDogg as having many (perhaps all) of the same qualities as Drex.  The game is better with them in it.  Dogg and Drex (among others, I'm sure) are missed.  Humble opinion.

George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2016, 02:39:09 PM »
While there are many very skilled aces that have come and gone over the years, Drex was a very competent and efficient pilot.

Maybe because I was in the room when he won the first AH Top Gun (Aces High Con 1) and/or because I NEVER shot him down biases me somewhat.  If good manners are also part of an Ace Pilot's make-up, then I'd also say he was a complete pilot and competitor.

All of the pilots mentioned in this list have merit as far as I know but, I'll speak specifically of SnailMan, Bruv119, and AKDogg as having many (perhaps all) of the same qualities as Drex.  The game is better with them in it.  Dogg and Drex (among others, I'm sure) are missed.  Humble opinion.

Agreed
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2016, 02:47:51 PM »
Pipz?  I've flown with Pipz. He's almost as bad as I am.  If you meant bottom five then I would agree :bolt:        :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2016, 03:16:00 PM »
He isn't even Canadian what a let down. Eh.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2016, 03:28:44 PM »
He isn't even Canadian what a let down. Eh.

Canada granted him landed immigrant status because he owns a moose! Winston often plays with Hubert,I'd call Hubert mine except he doesnt listen well and only has 3 legs!

Winston can often be seen helping Hubert home after a day of play,Winston must like having Hubert on his back as they are often seen playing some type of game of tag! :devil