Author Topic: No Icon Free For All in TA!! It was great!  (Read 1712 times)

air_spro

No Icon Free For All in TA!! It was great!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2000, 07:58:00 PM »

Originally posted by Cobra:

Now before anyone laughs or pokes fun at the flight modeling, we had this sort of room in FA 1.5, the Advanced Real Arena.

It was cockpit views only, no tags and no radar and it was the most fun of all the arenas.  Those Luftwaffles were always hard to spot down low w/their paint scheme.  The YAK stood out like a sore thumb down low with its winter skin.

But it was always a blast, and the dogfights were always at knife-fighting range.

This room always sharpened the SA skills, flight modeling aside.

Cobra
Musketeer Escadrille
Don't ever sell you or your mates short , you guys in those rooms set the pace for that game . IMO  

------------------
air_rules = Play fair ....Don't worry about points......Keep a sense of humor......Drink Jim Beam......and don't let the fediddlein cat walk on the keyboard.......!!!

air_squadron

[This message has been edited by air_spro (edited 05-03-2000).]

Offline Waxer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2000, 10:45:00 PM »
So that's what it was!

I logged into the TA last nite, and there were like 15 guys on the roster, but nobody on radar, nobody in sight, and nobody responded to Ch.1 :> hehe seems like everyone had their eyes *firmly* glued outside the cockpit.

hehe I couldn't figure out what was going on...drum ceremony...?...private chant training...?...sacred sheep initiation rite?

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2000, 11:37:00 PM »
Actually... someone took a look at the roster and said "Waxer's here! Waxer's here! Shhhh everyone be quiet!"... And all dove to the deck, laughing quietly amongst ourselves  

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
LOL Nash!  

HARD SCOUT

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2000, 01:24:00 PM »
HEY! Cobra is right! That is a blast. No tags is great! And I can hardly fly in AH but I would love to be in on this next time.

By the way, is this done on the honor system? I assume everyone has to be trusted to turn their ID tags off right?

hdscout

------------------
" Its' a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear " ( Normism )

Offline Waxer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
Did not!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2000, 04:59:00 AM »
Haven't tried it and must admit I find the idea rather appealing.

if there is one objection I must make (and I really hate defending the neon lights, but I really enjoy being the devil's advocate  ), then it is this;

in Real Life(tm) the human eye has a rather interesting ability to spot moving objects, especially in the peripheral areas. It is well known that once the Mujahedin in Afghanistan realized that the way the Hind pilots spotted them was by their movement and therefore stopped moving, Soviet choppers became much less effective.

In other words, the icons as they are may not be perfect, but neither is playing without ant form of visual aid.

Not saying it must be such a big crutch as the neon billboards currently in use, but some assistance is not unrealistic, in my humble opinion. Not giving some would be  

Heheh, flame away.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2