Author Topic: VR Radio windows stuck  (Read 287 times)

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
VR Radio windows stuck
« on: September 28, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
Anyone else using the Rift having the comms windows not work?  I can't resize them, all I can do is grab them and move them around, and they are stuck at a very large size.  I can't click the arrow buttons on the side, nor resize the window, just move it right now.  Hitting the ~ key, both windows are stretched very large, and can't be shrunk at all, just grabbed and moved, making online play impossible right now really as I can't see any comms nor commands, nor get them out of the main field of view enough not to really drag down FPS.  I can type in the "/" radio window and nothing shows up in the comms windows, there is no down arrow in the sidebar either in either the regular or ~ enlarged window either.  I tried AH3 in non VR mode, and can shrink the windows/etc, everything works fine, but not in the Rift since the last updates.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:29:07 PM by Gman »

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
Re: VR Radio windows stuck
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:00 PM »
Yes it's VERY hard to get the text window moved to where you want AND sized how you want. They tend to drag instead of resize and also tend to suddenly jump around.  I've had to delete my , I think it was VR Filter settings file and VRClipboard settings file (it's one of those) to set it back to default because it gets severely messed up.

I think it's VERY hard to grab the edge in resize mode, it tends to drag around alot and you have to be very precise, too precise to get it. Once it wigs out it's very hard to recover.

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 09:54:38 PM »
+1

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 10:05:54 PM »
AH, Thanks Kanth, that's the file I was looking for to delete.  I'd had clipboard issues before and HT got me to delete the VR clipboard (rename it, but whatever), I'll give that a whirl and reset it and just not touch it until future updates.

Thanks again, big help Kanth.  Can't get enough of VR flying even if it's mostly offline for now, when I went back into regular screen, while the resolution is obviously much better, it just wasn't nearly as much fun.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 10:06:31 PM »
I can usually move them easily but sometimes they jump somewhere and I have to look for them.

Resizing how I want them is impossible. When the little ball changes to an arrow and I click the mouse the window jumps to a hugh size and I can't make it smaller again.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 01:07:27 AM »
Ok great, it's not just me then.  What happens to me is that when they get to very large size, no text shows up at the bottom of either sized window, so it's impossible to know what's going on in game/radio/etc/control settings/etc.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:30:10 AM »
A possible work around until I figure something out is to remove your head set and then use the mouse.

When your head set is not mounted the mouse should then control the pointer.

This will not work with DR2s.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 08:46:59 AM »
I tried that, with the headset off the top horizontal line you need to put the pointer on wasn't showing, just the vertical lines on the side.  Tried it again now and I see the top line, trying to move it down causes it to jump around instead of shrinking smoothly but it does change.  Resizing seems to work better from the bottom line than the top.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 09:04:42 AM by FLS »