Author Topic: Game goes into windowed mode  (Read 1154 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Game goes into windowed mode
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 09:41:09 AM »
Well, I am glad you are working, but I really would have liked to have gotten a hold of that old "settings" folder.

Here's the one that was causing problems. I made a copy of it just in case.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 10:12:29 AM »
Awesome!

Now, I  noted in your original video settings file it says the game was set to 1920x1080.  That matches what I suspected, but I would like for you to try this;  Extract the "video8.cfg" file from that ZIP file and place it in your new "settings" folder.

I want to see if that duplicates the issue you had.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 10:30:35 AM »
Tried putting the old video8 file back in my settings folder and everything worked as it should. I tried disabling my new monitor and used my old monitor, reloaded the game, change my video settings for the old monitor, went into the game. No problems. Enabled the new monitor, loaded game, set the correct settings in video setting, entered game, no problems. I cant seem to duplicate it now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 11:00:01 AM »
Is there a chance you are running the DX9 version of the game, instead of the DX11 version?  We changed the default back to DX9 in a recent update, but if you had an older installation, it would have been pointing to the DX11 version.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
Is there a chance you are running the DX9 version of the game, instead of the DX11 version?  We changed the default back to DX9 in a recent update, but if you had an older installation, it would have been pointing to the DX11 version.

Only been running DX11 since the full release. Tested with both during beta.

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 02:06:11 PM »
Some fill in on this as I have experienced this as well (last time was last night)...

First time I saw it was when I went to 120hz on my refresh rate ...came up in a windowed "full screen" mode as described above.
Setting it back to 60hz fixed it.  Wasn't happy, and kept fiddling with it.   Dx9 worked at 120hz, Dx11 did not.  Having it open on my second monitor at 60hz worked, having it open on my primary 120hz screen at 120hz did not.

Reinstalled game, stuck back in my settings folder. Worked as advertised.

Went to try 4k again after the updates...so 3840 x 2160 at 60hz. No issues.  Wanted to go back to 120hz at 1080p and could not make it work again. Reinstalled, still no workie...removed the video8 fiel, ensured everything was set...still no workie...offset windowed mode overlapping onto second monitor.  Removed second monitor, no change.

I'm currently flying at 4k rez, 60hz. Game looks great, but for the big events I would like the extra Horsepower of the card to be able to keep up with all the aircraft...and would like to be at 120hz.  Just haven't messed with it again to try to make it work.

Skuzzy, I'm not against use of team viewer if you want to have a go at it.

Dobs
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution