Author Topic: HITECH I HAVE A WISH  (Read 6280 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: HITECH I HAVE A WISH
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2016, 05:58:19 AM »

different thread.

semp
My point being that in each thread we should consider the subject being discussed and not add personal judments based on prior statements of anyone.  It may require a major code change but it would be neat if you had an option with in the film viewer to look at raw data for a selected period of time.  That is why I doubt that this wish would ever be granted.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2016, 07:25:39 AM »
My point being that in each thread we should consider the subject being discussed

The subject for the most part has been the same. In the end result, he wants to be able to use the data to put into a third party program.

Here are his other threads:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,382300.msg5088997.html#msg5088997
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381222.msg5076732.html#msg5076732

This is the quote everyone is referring to.

Hitech doesn't have the server power to support that many players in one area during peak times would be very hard on their servers as most teams gang up on one field at a time.

A solution to this would be a sort of field bottleneck, ie A field can only up a certain number of planes in a span of time, this would spread people out.

some games can manage large amounts of players well (planetside 2), but they have huge dedicated teams that specialize in single fields, Hitech and his team are jack of all trades.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2016, 09:14:44 AM »
The subject for the most part has been the same. In the end result, he wants to be able to use the data to put into a third party program.

Here are his other threads:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,382300.msg5088997.html#msg5088997
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381222.msg5076732.html#msg5076732

This is the quote everyone is referring to.

I understand that he has other threads, I'm just saying those threads have nothing to do with his wish for access to the .ahf film data.  there are a lot of what I refer to as egg heads, that are interested in the pure data.  The data is already included in the film file, he's just asking for some kind of tool to view it. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2016, 11:14:45 AM »
I understand that he has other threads, I'm just saying those threads have nothing to do with his wish for access to the .ahf film data.  there are a lot of what I refer to as egg heads, that are interested in the pure data.  The data is already included in the film file, he's just asking for some kind of tool to view it. 

I think it's helpful to point out that if you disparage the game in complete ignorance and basically make stuff up that isn't true it's not going to help your case when you ask HTC to do extra work on your behalf.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 12:38:35 PM »
I think it's helpful to point out that if you disparage the game in complete ignorance and basically make stuff up that isn't true it's not going to help your case when you ask HTC to do extra work on your behalf.

not trying to be a smart arss, but where exactly do you see where he disparage the game.  I see where he make requests, but from what threads I've seen, nothing that would be considered disparaging?  Three different threads asking different questions.  I see others telling him how to think and what not, but I only see him asking questions.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 12:47:58 PM »
Look up. BowHTR quoted it.

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:23 PM »
Look up. BowHTR quoted it.
I simply want to be able to access the data in the recording. Its already there and he obviously has tools to extract it, so it shouldn't be much if any of a code change.
also
i don't believe those quotes "disparage" the game.

I simply pointed to the reason why there are three teams. Even in the other game mentioned they have to have three teams, and because of the nature of "infantry" combat, they are able to REALLY optimize network and server performance by doing line-of-sight calculations to see what actually needs to be sent over the network. "Air" combat doesn't allow the use of many of these optimizations because of the open nature of the sky.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:10:17 PM by Randall172 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2016, 10:07:15 PM »
I simply want to be able to access the data in the recording. Its already there and he obviously has tools to extract it, so it shouldn't be much if any of a code change.
also

I simply pointed to the reason why there are three teams. Even in the other game mentioned they have to have three teams, and because of the nature of "infantry" combat, they are able to REALLY optimize network and server performance by doing line-of-sight calculations to see what actually needs to be sent over the network. "Air" combat doesn't allow the use of many of these optimizations because of the open nature of the sky.

What you don't understand is how cut throat the gaming industry is. HTC guards its code very closely. Between a "competitor" getting his code, or even ideas on how he does things in his game with his code could help them launch a game to compete with this one. Not to mention people who would/might use the code maliciously to "cheat" and so give the game a bad reputation.

Give it up, you'll never see the code, or the numbers other than little bits and pieces Hitech drops now and then to point something out. Be happy with the "data" you are allowed in the film viewer. 

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2016, 10:21:14 PM »
also

You said HTC's server can't handle the player numbers. You can't spin that as a positive.

You may wish for whatever you like.  I believe my advice remains useful.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 08:14:15 AM »
Randall you just made another assumption over how ah is optimized.

quit while you are ahead.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 11:24:57 AM »
<snip>

This is just nonsense.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 02:21:56 PM »

Hitech doesn't have the server power to support that many players in one area during peak times would be very hard on their servers as most teams gang up on one field at a time.

A solution to this would be a sort of field bottleneck, ie A field can only up a certain number of planes in a span of time, this would spread people out.

some games can manage large amounts of players well (planetside 2), but they have huge dedicated teams that specialize in single fields, Hitech and his team are jack of all trades.

After these 2 posts, I suggest to research a little bit about servers...

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 07:02:44 PM »
This is just nonsense.

Occlusion/Visibility
-----------------------
PlanetSide 2 has a huge world. 64 km^2 filled with over a hundred thousand objects and thousands of players per continent! Each combination of mesh (the polygons that make up an object) and texture (the things we paint onto the mesh) has to be individually described in detail to your video card and then rendered. So how do we render hundreds of thousands of things per frame? By NOT doing it! Easy, eh?! Instead we first split the continent up in a whole bunch of ways and then use 10 man-years’ worth of code to determine what subset of those things you can actually see. This is Visibility. We also want to avoid rendering something that is behind something else, be it a “dynamic” object (like a person or bullet, something that changes) or “static” object (something that doesn’t change, like a building or Higby’s opinion). This is Occlusion.

We use a third-party code source called Umbra to do most of our Visibility/Occlusion. As part of OMFG, we are upgrading our Umbra to the latest version, which also requires a significant re-factor of how our visibility pathway works, changing several factors of our core client and tools. This is going to reduce the time spent per-frame on visibility by a sizeable amount, which means that the more complex your scene (like, for example, a base where there are thousands of objects) the more benefit you will get. We are also putting our visibility fully in another thread, so those of you with multicore systems (most of you) will see added benefit, and AMD users will see a pretty significant benefit from the parallelization of visibility operations.

Player Updates
-------------------
The more players you have around you, the more time your game client spends updating the information about those players. Be it sounds they’re playing, bullets they’re firing, stats that are changing, etc. Your client spends an amount of time per dynamic entity making sure the things that are dynamic get dynamic-ed. In an effort to make this more efficient, we are only going to update a number of them per frame and we are going to be smarter about whether or not they need a full update. In early testing, this has resulted in less than 10% of all dynamic entities actually NEEDING to be updated though right now 100% of them get their update. Needless to say, in large battles this will be nice to have.

Physics
---------
This game has physics scenes that are unrivaled in their complexity. While a normal game may have upwards of a hundred different shapes bouncing around and solving for their collision, we sometimes have scenes with over a thousand shapes, or more! Those huge tank battles really do a number on the physics solver!

So OMFG will see us spending significant time restructuring the complexity of our physics solved in a way we call “Adaptive Level of Detail.” What this means is that we will be lowering the amount of work the simulator does, based on frame rate and distance to object. Basically, we give the physics simulation less to do by taking things that are a distance away from you and making them simulate less.

“But wait Ryan!”, you say to yourself, which is a funny thing to say to yourself, “Won’t lowering the simulation quality result in a crappy simulation!? I love PlanetSide 2’s awesome physics and would never want to see any harm done to it! PlanetSide 2’s physics are the best ever!” Well, now you’re getting a bit too…Okay…I’ll accept that compliment. To answer your question, though, we simply don’t know.

Some of the things we’re doing are experimental. We have great ideas from some of the best in the biz on how to solve our performance problems, however coding is 60% science and 60% art. Some of the tasks I’m talking to you about today are still in their early stages, and may not make it into the final game as described, or at all!

With Adaptive Level of Detail, we hope to emulate the frames we don’t simulate, “smoothing” out any simulation errors that may occur, but it is going to take a lot of work and caffeine to make it, then even more to determine if it is good enough. As far as effect on frame rate, it won’t have much of one unless you have 4 or less cores, but it will have a HUGE impact on physics “hitches” and anyone with 2-4 cores will see potentially massive increases in frame rate when in a big battle.

many of these things aren't available in a flight sim simply because of the open air nature of it.
_____________________________ _____________________________ ___________

TT We are going to remain 3 sides in the main arena.
What 3 sides does for arena play.

1. It balances out 1 side having more players than the other.

2. It Spreds the fights out accross the arena. If you only have 2 sides you would see a lot more of everyone fighting in 1 spot.

3. It provides everone with more enemys to fight. If all 3 sides are = numbers you always have 2 enemys to fight for your sides 1.

4. It creates a more dynamic enviorment because who each country is attacking changes . As opposed to 2 sides where you are always attacking the same side.

5. Countryies devlope a personality over time. With 3 countries we end up with a more diverse flavor.

HiTech

I played when the arenas were full and required new arenas to be opened, so i assumed that this was because of the number of players in one area to be too high. with the number of players in the arena (I think it was around 7-800) I thought that this was quite low, so i assumed it to be a "number of players in one spot" problem that other mmos have. ( I am connecting dots here). Then i look at other games that have limits of 32 players online, then at other mmo style games.

If I am hugely mistaken, then please educate me.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:04:23 PM by Randall172 »

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 07:21:30 PM »

buncha stuff...

I played when the arenas were full and required new arenas to be opened, so i assumed that this was because of the number of players in one area to be too high. with the number of players in the arena (I think it was around 7-800) I thought that this was quite low, so i assumed it to be a "number of players in one spot" problem that other mmos have. ( I am connecting dots here). Then i look at other games that have limits of 32 players online, then at other mmo style games.

If I am hugely mistaken, then please educate me.

I would say that is a very small map compared to AH. 64km^2 is roughly 2,545 square miles. From what I understand, Aces high has the capability of a gaming area of up to 262,144 square miles (roughly 103 times bigger than PlanetSide 2).

I also see a lot of assuming in your post. Wouldn't it be easier to ask than assume and end up looking like  :ahand?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:54:10 PM by BowHTR »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 07:31:12 PM »
think 64^2=4,096km

what I find funny is that he asked for something specific.  then turned around and started attacking ah with dick comments.

I have been here for 9 or 10 years and even in my old age I remember that the reason for 2 arenas was due to as hitech called it "toxic enviroment".  make it an assumption here that he meant all the arguing and fighting between players over the same things we argue about now.  ho's, score, lack of skill, list is endless.  so he decided that having less players per arena would lessen those arguments from a few players as they spread out over 2 arenas.

but randall keep going and you will be educated on what png means.  hitech is never shy when somebody points out a legitimate complain.  they actually look forward to it.  but what you are arguing is only how to become png really fast.

semp
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 07:38:35 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.