Author Topic: Gear up landing  (Read 2389 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Gear up landing
« on: October 19, 2016, 10:47:36 PM »
Getting very frustrated with gear up landing situations ending with me getting killed. I had 0 issues landing under 150 true airspeed in AH2.  AH3? Good luck, blow up 7/10 times .

/whine thread closed.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Gear up landing
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »
I havent had that happen? I do however tend to need to go around for geardown landings! Shorter runways I guess? I usually just retract gear on a bounce. But havent gotten killed below 180. Is it maybe in a particular plane that this happens? I am no expert here, you are a long time player,so just suggestion
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 12:34:29 AM »
I havent had that happen? I do however tend to need to go around for geardown landings! Shorter runways I guess? I usually just retract gear on a bounce. But havent gotten killed below 180. Is it maybe in a particular plane that this happens? I am no expert here, you are a long time player,so just suggestion

I agree, this isnt happening to me to the point where I notice, but we fly totally different planes.

Any one in particular you have it happening in?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 01:06:28 AM »
The instance tonight was is in the 190A8 w/ the rockets that explode in air. Funny you say you pull your gear on a bounce, this is exactly what I did in the a8. Other instances were in a ta-152, 190D9, and La-7. 190 series seem to be the most common denominator here.

Also I have heard trying to ditch on water just blows you up aswell.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 04:37:44 AM »
I will check out 190s and landing on my end. It could be just a lag in refresh rate? Figure it could be the same as watching some players looking like a crash only to zoom back out of the ground :bhead Maybe you could be faster than it tells you in real time?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 05:00:25 AM »
Getting very frustrated with gear up landing situations ending with me getting killed.

Ndisles? Because it was bugged on this map for some planes at least until last week, along with the inability to ditch in water. HT knew about it.

I will check out 190s and landing on my end. It could be just a lag in refresh rate?

Lag has nothing to do with such things, as you don't do the landing on a server but on your own computer. What others see from you is irrelevant.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Marco

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 07:28:51 AM »
I can't say this has happened to me, unless I was pulling over 150 or dipped my nose down at the wrong time. I typically fly a Spitfire, Yak, or Nik, and I usually slide right down the runway at 150 or less, so I can't speak to the outcome in a 190. :headscratch:

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 07:49:47 AM »

Ndisles? Because it was bugged on this map for some planes at least until last week, along with the inability to ditch in water. HT knew about it.

Ya, I blew up on a water landing too :(
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2016, 09:02:54 AM »
It's happened to me twice trying to land in water, going at least 130.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2016, 10:09:58 AM »

The map last night was the Buzzsaw map.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2016, 10:13:55 AM »
The map last night was the Buzzsaw map.

Well, then there's another one.  :devil

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »
**FILM OF THE 152 INCIDENT**

https://www.mediafire.com/?91pcoxudndwhpx8
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »
Here's a thought...put the gear down. If it's broken, get that speed at or below 100. I've had no issues dumping busted planes in on the runway.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:51:49 PM by LilMak »
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 11:44:06 AM »
Here's a thought...put the gear down. If it's broken, get that speed at or below 100. I've had no issues dumping busted planes in on the running.

It depends on the map. On most maps you can ditch, on at least one, possible two it's broken. It's a map bug that can't be fixed by getting even slower.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 12:00:06 PM »
Here's a thought...put the gear down. If it's broken, get that speed at or below 100. I've had no issues dumping busted planes in on the running.
Sorry, with a pilot wound soon to kill me, I decided a gear down landing might end up with me dying.

Knowing what I know now, it obviously didn't matter because I died anyways.

** HiTech, I also posted a film link in the bug forum under the "DITCHING" thread.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 12:03:24 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3