Author Topic: Rudder controls  (Read 620 times)

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
Rudder controls
« on: October 31, 2016, 06:44:05 PM »
A friend of mine who does not have twist stick or pedals is having an issue with his rudder where the rudder keys only toggle. So when he pushes A or D it continues to input even after he lets go of the key, making it really hard to aim. He tried mapping it to other joystick keys but the same problem. Is there a way to make the rudder keys only input while he is holding them down?

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Rudder controls
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 02:14:23 AM »
I couldn't duplicate this, on my system the rudder stops when I release the button.

Then again, my keyboard is plugged into the PS2 port, USB may cause different issues especially if there's any chance of power issues I.E. many controllers sharing the same USB host controller.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Rudder controls
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 12:12:23 PM »
A friend of mine who does not have twist stick or pedals is having an issue with his rudder where the rudder keys only toggle. So when he pushes A or D it continues to input even after he lets go of the key, making it really hard to aim. He tried mapping it to other joystick keys but the same problem. Is there a way to make the rudder keys only input while he is holding them down?
it's always been that way. You need to press D key to straighten out. About $20 bucks gets you a extreme 3d pro sticks with twist rudders. My best choice right now is to program a button on the joystick that will straighten out the rudder(might be called center rudders) until you can buy a rudder ped or twisty stick.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2