Author Topic: The gumbo of stutters, pauses, freeze and other ingredients  (Read 30758 times)

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
Re: The gumbo of stutters, pauses, freeze and other ingredients
« Reply #330 on: September 15, 2017, 07:30:57 AM »
SysError here is your fix for that problem with Windows 10 updates coming in when you want to play.

When you enter the game if the network connection on the right side of the Arena shows a very high number do this:

Exit the game.
Press Control – Alt- Delete
Go to Task Manager
Look in the right column at network % usage
Scroll down to the item which item is using the network (it will be a windows function)
Right click select END TASK you will get a popup box (make sure to put a check the box at the bottom in this box first) then click OK
Wait for network to go to 0%
Go play game

The process will restart the next time you start the computer…

Restart the computer after you are done playing and let it run then. 
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2017, 07:49:31 AM »
Rebel28, can you confirm that the ended process will wait until the next startup? For what I've encountered with the dreaded Windows Update issue in Win7, the svchost.exe process hosting the service wuauserv (Windows Update) restarted every few minutes. Win10 may work differently here and I have professional interest about knowing if it's does.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2017, 07:59:59 AM »
If you don't check the box in the popup that says to dump the data already downloaded it will restart immediately. Checking this box will stop the process until next restart.

I have been doing this since I first found the information on a windows problem and fix site.
It has been so long ago I don't even remember which site it was on.

Or I am just getting to the age it's hard to remember what was for dinner last night.. :)
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2017, 09:46:17 AM »
Thanks, there's a ton of information about Win10 I haven't yet familiarized yet.  :cheers:

Mmm... dinner...
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #334 on: September 15, 2017, 04:01:23 PM »
Thanks, there's a ton of information about Win10 I haven't yet familiarized yet.  :cheers:

Mmm... dinner...
Wait, what were we talking about? Dinner? What we having? I will buy if You will fly :x     Oh,nevermind, I forgot I just ate dinner. :uhoh Was wondering why my hands were greasy and had that napkin stuffed under neck of my shirt, Oh well :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 04:03:09 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #335 on: December 01, 2017, 04:53:25 PM »
Been flying DX11 for the last few days, with no stutters. Anyone else seen this?? :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #336 on: December 02, 2017, 01:29:39 PM »
NO :furious  Then again I am using it with VR :uhoh Maybe light at the end of the tunnel on that problem though  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #337 on: December 02, 2017, 01:39:19 PM »
Been flying DX11 for the last few days, with no stutters. Anyone else seen this?? :rock

I don't get many stutters, but the hard freezing (lasting from 1-2 seconds) are still there.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #338 on: December 02, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »
I'm still getting them too.

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #339 on: December 03, 2017, 10:20:02 AM »
I don't get many stutters, but the hard freezing (lasting from 1-2 seconds) are still there.

Coogan

Same here.

:salute
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #340 on: December 04, 2017, 10:13:08 PM »
 :(
started getting them again the other night.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #341 on: December 05, 2017, 04:17:26 PM »
 :furious Just HAD TO BRING IT UP... :D Wasnt your fault, OR WAS IT :uhoh   :x