Author Topic: How to fix the zero fight country???  (Read 9459 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: How to fix the zero fight country???
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2016, 08:11:55 PM »
For what it's worth, I suppose I am part of the "problem." I find the game compelling and addictive because of the strategic aspects, not because of the fights. I up a fighter only out of dire necessity to help my team when even cannon fodder will be helpful, but I don't enjoy it; and fighting an opponent in a plane or GV is only preferable to me AFTER I've achieved an objective useful to my team. Resupping towns appeals to many players because we want what we do to have a big picture impact whether it is intrinsically exciting or not, and a lot of the people who play AH strictly for the adrenaline rush of aerial combat don't seem to understand that what they like doing best isn't what the game is all about. If it were adjusted somehow so that what I enjoy doing didn't have much value any more, I'd have no reason to stay.

It used to be about fighting. The game changed and folks left. It is what it is.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2016, 08:16:52 PM »
Look moly, my suggestions are not changing anything about that aspect to the game you enjoy. Im all fine with silent players who want to do their own thing. My suggestions really don't change much. It just makes it easier to find the action for players that want combat. I'm not trying to tell anyone how to play or to play my way. I'm simply suggesting that a small decrease in base distance, lower mountains, and people flying slower planes, would create a muxh better atmosphere for all types of players. I've already seen Rapier and Kruel confirm my bias about maps.

Closing the distance to base reduces those "pathways" between the dar that the guy flying out to the strat to help their team. Lowering the mountains removes those valley runs for the Goons or NOE players to hide in. Your removing options for those type of players just to make the game your way.

Changing the maps isn't going to be a miracle solution that will bring back all the fights. Lack of players, and the majority of players we DO have looking to avoid fights. These are the issues that need tweaking to get the fights going again. 

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2016, 08:37:19 PM »
For me...(my prime time is most others sleep time) it is very frustrating when my type of action is very lacking....I won't put numbers here but let's just say MMO has become a little stretched. Still more than many of the FPS game rooms but then they are limited to a very much smaller area of play

My only issue( and it is fleeting) these days..wirbs/ostis.... I find nothing worse than the guys who up a wirb shut down and wait for and easy kill with no other intention than this.... It has become quite prolific since the icon distance change.... I will sometimes up a tank but most times just leave as it becomes a futile exercise...Other than that...i say each to their own....
as for the the other bits, if I know you are resupping you better up a aforementioned wirb or better yet a plane because I will hunt and kill you....mind you I am rarely at that end of the fight as I try to predominantly be a base defender.
If you want to waste a few hours running a bomber at stupid altitudes to bomb so called strategic strats...have fun....I think it is dumb..by the time anybody is on to take advantage of your awesome work it mostly back up anyway...

Bottom line is...I don't mind paying 50c a day to hold my account open...if it is not on it is not on...most definitely sucks  as I for some strange reason am addicted to this freakin game good and bad....Would I like more of my type of action...for sure...but not at the detriment of another players fun...as when I log off because of lacking action (mine) that just means one less player to the roster so if they disappear totally.... that helps nothing.

Have fun working out my head on that ramble...hahaha  forgot what I was on about part way through  hahahaha 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 08:39:21 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2016, 12:54:43 AM »
For what it's worth, I suppose I am part of the "problem." I find the game compelling and addictive because of the strategic aspects, not because of the fights. I up a fighter only out of dire necessity to help my team when even cannon fodder will be helpful, but I don't enjoy it; and fighting an opponent in a plane or GV is only preferable to me AFTER I've achieved an objective useful to my team. Resupping towns appeals to many players because we want what we do to have a big picture impact whether it is intrinsically exciting or not, and a lot of the people who play AH strictly for the adrenaline rush of aerial combat don't seem to understand that what they like doing best isn't what the game is all about. If it were adjusted somehow so that what I enjoy doing didn't have much value any more, I'd have no reason to stay.

That wasnt the mindset we had when 800 players online.

Keep your supply trucks, just limit their impact some IMO.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2016, 02:19:36 PM »
The strategic aspect would change but not go away....so "big picture" really not much would change other then how long it would take to resupply a town out of white flag. Which yes would force you to use a GV or Plane which isn't enjoyable to you....which blows my mind why your spending $15 a month on a product that you aren't using 90+% of it....Your money and your time so you do you...

If anything I think changing it would put more importance on resupply of the city so that town down time wouldn't be too high so you still get the feeling of accomplishment  for your team while the attackers that are trying to stir up a fight would get that adrenaline rush...Personally I think it's win win.

Still crazy that you pay $15 a month for a Combat simulator but don't even like the combat....but to each their own.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2016, 08:55:29 PM »

Lack of players, and the majority of players we DO have looking to avoid fights.

I don't necessarily think win the war types (I am one) are avoiding fights.... they fight for different reasons than furballers.

When I am in "full Win The War" mode flying CAP over my base... and you show up in a lite fighter with no ords...

I will maneuver away from you, because you are no threat to anything I care about. My time and my bullets will be more useful someplace else.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline hulk31st

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: November 18, 2016, 12:07:45 PM »
For me, the choice of what to do comes down to this:
a. Do I resupply a town that is WF and help prevent a base capture?
b. Do I up a fighter against someone who is going to HO me and/or gang me and shoot me down?

Another choice I face:
a. Do I get in an ack gun and shoot down the attacker?
b. Do I take off, fly for 10 minutes to face a 'picker' who goes RTB as soon as I am co-alt?

I like to take bases. I fight when there is a reason to. I don't enjoy dogfighting just to fight. Along that line of thinking, I enjoy bombing strats when that impacts the game.

It's good there are different ways to play AH. Let everyone play their way and don't impose your ways on others.
Tunisia 1944 Scenario Participant

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2016, 03:11:48 PM »
It's good there are different ways to play AH. Let everyone play their way and don't impose your ways on others.
I absolutely agree with this and I believe certain things in game make it hard for some to enjoy what they like in the game...which in general is combat. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to resupply I think its too good....its abundantly harder to pork around a field to set up a base capture then it is to resupply it....if anyone disagrees with that I'd challenge them to make a film of doing both....it takes a WELL coordinated attack and BOMB AND BAILERS to come close to how fast you can resupply a porked field then resupply the town you are trying to capture.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline mxdew03

• Zinc Member
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2016, 02:06:17 PM »
I love chicken fries,  feed me, feed me :neener: :neener: :neener:

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2016, 01:18:12 PM »
out of curiosity why is 2 country war not an option?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
HTC has said it won't be and from my understanding it didnt work in the past.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »

They option our squad uses is to switch sides to where we see fights. Preferably the lower number side.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2016, 02:32:50 PM »
I absolutely agree with this and I believe certain things in game make it hard for some to enjoy what they like in the game...which in general is combat. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to resupply I think its too good....its abundantly harder to pork around a field to set up a base capture then it is to resupply it....if anyone disagrees with that I'd challenge them to make a film of doing both....it takes a WELL coordinated attack and BOMB AND BAILERS to come close to how fast you can resupply a porked field then resupply the town you are trying to capture.

Truth.....the timing needs tweeking. The AH3 fields tend to make getting the capture ready a full party group activity.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2016, 07:22:00 PM »
Gentlemen,
It seems nothing has changed. The game play is worse because there are no players. SO a few people got their way, received their eye candy and the game went south. There are more whinners than ever before. The very same people whinning in AH2.
Where is the future? AT 15.00 a month even if you had 150 on every night. Would that pay the overhead? I hope so.
Does anyone fly airplanes anymore? <S> Gentlemen, I hope it all works out; and when it does I may be back.

<S> Blutik
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2016, 07:36:02 PM »
Gentlemen,
It seems nothing has changed. The game play is worse because there are no players. SO a few people got their way, received their eye candy and the game went south. There are more whinners than ever before. The very same people whinning in AH2.
Where is the future? AT 15.00 a month even if you had 150 on every night. Would that pay the overhead? I hope so.
Does anyone fly airplanes anymore? <S> Gentlemen, I hope it all works out; and when it does I may be back.

<S> Blutik

WTG on doing your part to increase the number of players.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."