Author Topic: How to fix the zero fight country???  (Read 9459 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How to fix the zero fight country???
« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »
Sure are a lot of "one dimensional players" commenting who only do the same mission profile over and over.

Mix it up a bit............you will have more fun.
Sorry a lot of us don't have the time to drive for an hour in an M3 to take a field....which is what you brag about doing...Maps like CraterMA the tank fight is no longer existent because the spawns are ruined so you tell me what I should do....sit in a tank alone for an hour???
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »
this... :aok
So everyone should do every portion of the game but I've seen you argue in a similar thread that you can't force people to play your way....explain "this"...
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2016, 12:23:03 AM »
So everyone should do every portion of the game but I've seen you argue in a similar thread that you can't force people to play your way....explain "this"...
that's easy... I agree with icepack.. there are many aspects and options in the game some people choose not to partake that's there option but don't fault them because they choose to drive far.. Fly high or"hide" in a manned gun like I've heard others claim
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:24:59 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2016, 11:44:03 AM »
that's easy... I agree with icepack.. there are many aspects and options in the game some people choose not to partake that's there option but don't fault them because they choose to drive far.. Fly high or"hide" in a manned gun like I've heard others claim
But what does nerfing resupply do to effect the way they play the game other then making it so they have to run more supplies to accomplish the same thing? If they want to sit in a truck all day that's cool but should it be rewarded with them not having to fight on a front?? Absolutely not IMO because it's a Combat simulator. Not saying they shouldn't be able to do it...I'm saying it needs to be tweeked...currently it takes a lot more time to pork around a field to set up for a capture then it does to resupply around a field and bring a town back up. It's tremendously lopsided toward the defenders and horde tactics for land grabbing currently....plain and simple.

DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »
So HITECH already fixed the resupplying the strats from 30 min to 10 am I understanding that you want resupplying the town and guns from 10 min each drop to less?
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2016, 01:02:12 PM »
But what does nerfing resupply do to effect the way they play the game other then making it so they have to run more supplies to accomplish the same thing? If they want to sit in a truck all day that's cool but should it be rewarded with them not having to fight on a front?? Absolutely not IMO because it's a Combat simulator. Not saying they shouldn't be able to do it...I'm saying it needs to be tweeked...currently it takes a lot more time to pork around a field to set up for a capture then it does to resupply around a field and bring a town back up. It's tremendously lopsided toward the defenders and horde tactics for land grabbing currently....plain and simple.

Agree 100% the focus has swung away from the bread and butter of this game in a way that does NOT broaden its player base.  Case and point, two fleets became pummeled while attacking a base by a single Shore Battery that was positioned on a terrain in such a way that direct hits were IMPOSSIBLE.  So, instead of the notorious carrier plane vs. airfield combat, 3 or 4 of us were tied to ship guns and another 3 or so fruitlessly rolled Lvts feet from shore without the air cover needed to land.  Check for yourself it is A42 on the map that ran yesterday evening (use Triple Guns from fleets for testing).

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »
Give towns a set down time and remove resupply for towns altogether.  Maps stagnate too long.  Resupplying only makes hordes bigger out of necessity.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »
So HITECH already fixed the resupplying the strats from 30 min to 10 am I understanding that you want resupplying the town and guns from 10 min each drop to less?

Ding..... winner!  Should have left the strat resupply alone and changed the town resupply IMHO.  Nobody bothers to resupply strats anymore, which is what I had promised would happen.

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2016, 01:12:05 PM »
{snip}. Most of players in this game joined because of air combat. {snip}. That is truly what will bring more players to the game. The more you make it a silent land grab secret strategy game, the less players will find the action.{snip} I don't think this as a winning strategy, when the flight model is the best part of this game, and should be used to the full advantage. I don't see why creating large fights all over the map is such a bad thing.

Is this too big to be in my signature?   100%

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2016, 02:03:05 PM »
Make damage of everything except fth and vhh permanent till the map flips. That should speed things up.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Airsharks

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2016, 02:35:16 PM »
Could not agree with you more. :airplane:
People whining about its too easy to kill strats so now its a lot harder to take the strats down. (cause noone defending them) it means that towns etc is down for much shorter time and its easy to resup them. So now people are whining about that...
Why no go all the way and make the game like War Thunder with air spawns and a 5 minute furball since there should be no form of strategy or team work involved in the game...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2016, 03:11:09 PM »
Give towns a set down time and remove resupply for towns altogether.  Maps stagnate too long.  Resupplying only makes hordes bigger out of necessity.
I'd be absolutely all for this but the guys who like resupply may not, which is why I'd rather just see a nerf to the supplies.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: November 26, 2016, 05:58:06 PM »
People whining about its too easy to kill strats so now its a lot harder to take the strats down. (cause noone defending them) it means that towns etc is down for much shorter time and its easy to resup them. So now people are whining about that...
Why no go all the way and make the game like War Thunder with air spawns and a 5 minute furball since there should be no form of strategy or team work involved in the game...

Could not agree with you more. :airplane:

WRONG! On all points Zimmie.  Let's start with a hint of whine from you that strats can no longer be flattened by a single person.  Add the most insane thing repeated numerous times over and over with no facts to back it up:  zero defense of strats..... a flat out red heron (in reality meaning that the single bomber pilot didn't feel he got enough attention as he pounded his chest).

So wrong about team effort in bombing strats.  That is a solitary endeavor without any concern for either country, only points and bragging rights.

The arguement that strats should be easy to flatten and stay flat so that towns stay down for capture, is SO the exclamation point of what is wrong with retaining combat players. With that argument why not start towns with 180 minute downtimes?  Capiche? In any case, running a ton of supplies to a town to avoid capture DOES ZERO to create AIR COMBAT. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 07:09:49 PM by Chilli »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #148 on: November 26, 2016, 09:33:35 PM »
Forget quick change. We need more fighters.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »
Forget quick change. We need more fighters.
Town resupply has been an issue since before numbers were low...2012??? Yea game was falling off but we could still see 400+ in the MA.

Yes I thought the strats themselves were fine (didn't understand the change in their down time honestly). Im saying towns need to be harder to resupply because it's a fact it's easier to resupply a town then to take one down....and not just a bit harder the spread is enormous...a nerf to timing is all it is.
DFC Member
"Yikes"