Author Topic: How to fix the zero fight country???  (Read 9466 times)

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
Re: How to fix the zero fight country???
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2016, 06:37:09 PM »
What about a radical change for a couple weeks, make damage permanent until a base changes hands. Just throwing it out there. Biggest drawback would be strats and AMB I would guess. Might make the war go faster though.
Pies not kicks.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2016, 09:27:41 PM »
I disagree. It would not cripple game play in other areas. It would push action together making fights more easily accessible and less time consuming.

And what of those players who are happy avoiding fights? Those that like to do nothing but NOEs? You have now alienated them, and wouldn't they leave?

This would create an explosion of all different types of game play at the same time, thus making the fights better all around.

No, it would create an explosion of the type of play YOU want. Lets take the AvA arena. Long time arena, maintained by a group of hard working well meaning players. Willing to bend over backwards to accommodate any one or group. Pretty much strictly a "fighting" arena tho they have tried war scenarios, tank nights and so on. Why is it pretty much empty all the time?

Hitech did attempt to get people in more styles by creating the achievement area. You can fly different planes, or vehicles, or bomb things, destroy things ect, for an achievement.

No, he added another option to play a style in and of itself. Just because you like dropping bombs doesn't mean you like the win the war style of the game. Achievements are just that, another thing to do in the game.

My post are not just about one specific type of game play. I have understood what certain variables we need on the map to make game play fun for all styles. You seem to forget that Fun is what we are all trying to achieve. A slow separated map is great for players with an hour to play, but what about the people with 30 minutes of play, who just want some form of quick action fights? Why should I be forced to get in a tank or bomber when I don't have the time or patience? What if the maps were fast enough where anyone could up what they wanted and still be apart of the action? This is what Im trying to achieve with my suggestions. You don't need that many players in the AH to make the fights exciting, you just need a map that helps to achieve excitement for players. It makes all the difference in the world to have a map that concentrates action in different spots, rather than segregate the action with TT and FTs.

But they are about one style, you are ignoring those that dont want to fight, those that like firing ground guns, those that like sitting on a spawn in a tank for 2 hours waiting for guys to spawn in. If you cater to "fighter only" guys sure you could bring back ...... lets say 50 guys, but how many are you going to lose?  Its all about balance, and right now the balance is a bit out of wack, but cutting your leg off to save an arm isn't the right way to do it.

Believe it or not Im with you, I would love to see more fights. But not to the exclusion of anything else. I would love to see the days when the Musketeers went head to head with the Mafia and as they logged off the fight moved to the BOPS trying to push the AKs off the same base. Id love to see the days when a few well know players would log on and they would be begged for some missions. I'd love to see the days of fighters upping to defend against those missions as they showed on the maps.

But until it is more beneficial to fight, then it is to cut corners and get the same job done, what we have is what we are going to get.  :(

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2016, 11:51:09 PM »
Just curious to ask everyone.. how would a reduced resupply time on a town effect your gameplay?

Would not affect my style of play at all.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2016, 01:57:05 AM »
 :airplane:|===<Your blowing smoke, all aspects of the game are fun. You yourself say you don't have the time that is a personal problem, and unless you have information from each person who has left as to why they have left the game you are still blowing smoke. Life moves on for people. I do not know what Dale has planned for the future, I would think some heavy advertizing would be great but that is his choice. Maybe he is content with the way the game is, maybe it is just a hobby for him. I find most people that I have personally had contact with for leaving just plain get tired of a few people always witching and moaning, same people over and over. Some of the rants i have seen on 200 and been on the receiving end of PMs have just about made me leave but then I think this is fun and just squelch the ones witching and moaning. It is always some one that is unhappy because the game is not run the way THEY want it to be run. There are other games out there you can play but none that promote fun and comradery for everyone if they are willing. I have been in this game for 12 or so years I am not one of the good pilots but I have fun. I find if I get shot down there always seems to be another life and plane for me in the hangar. Quit complaining and promote the game. Quit moaning on 200, if there are bugs you find in the game there is a place to post them.

I actually meant to include the K4, luckily though, the majority of people who do use it don't know how to aim properly hehehe.

1. A lot of squads have disband. A lot of people got bored from slow game play and lack of fights. I don't have present #s to prove that. Just look at the ratio of fighters to Tankers/bombers on Lusches charts. This is not my opinion. That is reality.

2. As I mentioned, I said that Lusche and Lazer would be better to talk to about Strats and such. You don't realize that I do know how to play these other game types, they are just boring to me. I played the other game types in January, when I didn't have a Joystick or a job. I did very good. I know how this game play works, I just don't always have the time for it. So that's not my biggest concern.

3. The fighter base majority does make an impact and should not be ignored. Why do you want to remove the majority of the players for a minority when it's much more difficult to compete against other games aswell? Why not care if half the fighters leave to go play another game, while we are left with tankers and Bombers who don't even want to enjoy combat? This game has one of the best fighter aspects of any game, why crush that advantage?

If you are tired of seeing these types of threads, I as I am, I think there should be much more importance in retaining the fun fighter aspect to AH, or there won't be an increase in #s like you imagine. The only people left will be porkers and tankers, and you will see a boring afternoon game play like you have now. Do you succumb to that loss and give the minority the full attention even though #s aren't as strong? Or do you help resolve the fighter aspect to game, bring back fighter enthusiasm, and create better fights with more action all over the map? Why is that not a good option?
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2016, 08:23:13 AM »
:airplane:|===<Your blowing smoke, all aspects of the game are fun. You yourself say you don't have the time that is a personal problem, and unless you have information from each person who has left as to why they have left the game you are still blowing smoke. Life moves on for people. I do not know what Dale has planned for the future, I would think some heavy advertizing would be great but that is his choice. Maybe he is content with the way the game is, maybe it is just a hobby for him. I find most people that I have personally had contact with for leaving just plain get tired of a few people always witching and moaning, same people over and over. Some of the rants i have seen on 200 and been on the receiving end of PMs have just about made me leave but then I think this is fun and just squelch the ones witching and moaning. It is always some one that is unhappy because the game is not run the way THEY want it to be run. There are other games out there you can play but none that promote fun and comradery for everyone if they are willing. I have been in this game for 12 or so years I am not one of the good pilots but I have fun. I find if I get shot down there always seems to be another life and plane for me in the hangar. Quit complaining and promote the game. Quit moaning on 200, if there are bugs you find in the game there is a place to post them.

Quit being irrational. You and Fugi both. I'm not "blowing smoke". Your level of understanding of the game play is why people have left. You appease to the boring community, dont want them to leave, but the exciting game players, screw em. News flash, the majority of the players have left because the game got stale the fights dried up. Stop looking for excuses, stop using stupid argeuments about this is how " i want to play". No, I want the game to be exciting. Like how dim lit can you be? Why stick up for boring game play, while causing the excitment of the real players to get bored and leave. This is not the right plan of action.

Hey, let's continue to remove the fighter aspect, make the game a ground land base game with slow tank spawns, 88mm galore. Hell, let's just make the bases 2 miles apart and shoot each other with 88MM

So much FREAKING FUN!!!!

Every single one of you don't understand why fights have been sparse in the off hours. I'm sitting here giving you great advice on how to make the fights actually better. Then you come back and say we should stick up for the boring game play, yeah, that will create better fights for sure.  :rolleyes:

Sigh.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 08:28:39 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2016, 08:28:10 AM »
And then there are players like me that find contentment in the product and simply have fun.  We are out there! :cheers:
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2016, 08:28:56 AM »
Violater has a point. Majority of the players have left due to stale fights. Ever since I started back there just is almost never a good size dar bar. And if there is it doesn't last long because someone will come in and pork the base lol.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2016, 10:16:28 AM »

Quit being irrational. You and Fugi both. I'm not "blowing smoke". Your level of understanding of the game play is why people have left. You appease to the boring community, dont want them to leave, but the exciting game players, screw em. News flash, the majority of the players have left because the game got stale the fights dried up. Stop looking for excuses, stop using stupid argeuments about this is how " i want to play". No, I want the game to be exciting. Like how dim lit can you be? Why stick up for boring game play, while causing the excitment of the real players to get bored and leave. This is not the right plan of action.

Hey, let's continue to remove the fighter aspect, make the game a ground land base game with slow tank spawns, 88mm galore. Hell, let's just make the bases 2 miles apart and shoot each other with 88MM

So much FREAKING FUN!!!!

Every single one of you don't understand why fights have been sparse in the off hours. I'm sitting here giving you great advice on how to make the fights actually better. Then you come back and say we should stick up for the boring game play, yeah, that will create better fights for sure.  :rolleyes:

Sigh.

Violator, I know this may be difficult for you to believe, but I will try stating it as someone who hasn't been in this thread yet:

The gameplay you (and I) consider "boring" and the reason why the other fighter types left is not considered boring by the people who are engaging in it.  They are having fun in their GVs and bombers and 88s.  They do not have fun exclusively in fighters.  The reason why doesn't much matter.  These are the people who are making up the majority of people in the MA these days.

These people will not magically move to fighters pretty much no matter what changes in the game.  The same as I have not moved to GVing because it is popular these days.

I wish it were not so, but that is the way the players have evolved.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2016, 10:57:38 AM »
When ever some one starts with

"the problem is"................. I sigh a little.

Clearly when there is some thing that feeds fun seekers then they join and will stay until it does not............. and when they leave they leave behind are those who do not need the game play motivation of those that have gone.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat, etc etc and you get a community where those less motivated to seek adrenalin out number those who do.

If everyone was only here for the community then this game would be for ever increasing its numbers.

If no one ever tired of the  game play then this game would be for ever increasing its numbers.

Numbers are not increasing...............  from the above we see the balance of community members must change...........

Ludere Vincere

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »
Advertisement boys. Advertisement. No one will play if no one knows it's here?  Advertisement got me here just sayin
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2016, 12:30:05 PM »
And then there are players like me that find contentment in the product and simply have fun.  We are out there! :cheers:

Hey cut out the happy post  :D

I think that should try to get the Zekes connected to one hangar. By doing this we can then bomb that hangar and stop all the zero fighter players.  :bolt:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Zardoz

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2016, 12:46:57 PM »
I like the game just the way it is.
Your incessant whining just adds entertainment value to my gaming experience :cool:

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2016, 02:15:24 PM »
Wow you sound like a really intelligent guy with your non provable rants.

So much FREAKING FUN!!!!

Sigh.
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: November 15, 2016, 03:33:57 PM »
I like the game just the way it is.
Unfortunately a lot in your squad are part of the problem for guys looking to actually have a fight of any kind IMO....they put too much pride into who wins the war instead of the fight it took to win it. Not saying they're bad for the overall game or they are purposely ruining fights (Like the V tards used to by dropping just FHs at furballs) but looking at the names of the people who have left the game and which squads are active or not active it's pretty obvious it's because fights have staled due to the easy ability to defend a field without actually defending it. I personally think your squad does a good job running large missions.

I'll ask these questions because I know your squad runs a lot of town resupps....If town resupply time was cut in half...so instead of one box taking off say 4 minutes it takes off 2....Would your play style be affected so much that it would make you dislike logging into play? And how would it affect your play style?

A real answer to this has never been given and I'm on the verge of going back through all of these threads to gather the anti change M3 resupply messages....The only ones I can remember are "The game is fine the way it is" Which no offense that is an argument a child makes...EVERYTHING can be made better. "Just wait for Aces High 3 things will change" uhhhhhhh......hate to say I told everyone so but most of the same problems from 2 are in 3....And finally "We just need people" When did M3s start being able to resupply town exactly??? I was on a year long hiatus 2012-2013??, it was the first thing when I got back which I was like 'hey....that aint right it's OP' and at the time I remember us still having close to or more then 100 players on in the morning of EST.

The only thing HTC has said in all of these threads is lock them or "wish not granted" without giving any sort of reason not to....when it was AH2 I could understand because AH3 was the focus....BUT now it's just silly. I don't need to make a film of me timing myself to kill troops at an adjacent base and killing town to white flag compared to resupply the adjacent base then resupplying town....we should ALL know that resupply is much faster even if you bail which if you complain about bomb and bailers you don't have an argument in that timing discussion. I understand big coordinated assaults is the answer to resupply BUT you can't assume that everyone is going to participate in those all the time, thats just stretching for an answer why not to nerf supplies IMO.

:salute
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 15, 2016, 03:38:29 PM »
Wow you sound like a really intelligent guy with your non provable rants.

I can prove it by the #s in the MA and the post on the boards about lack of fights. What more evidence do you need? The player count #? The avg time it takes just to find a fight? Or how long it takes to get back to the fight after you get shot down.  I've been here just as long as you and im better at the game and more aware about how game play works, no offense. I tried very hard to become a good fighter in this game so I know exactly how it works.

Where's your evidence, or intelligence?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 03:41:38 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion