Author Topic: Updating NVidia Drivers?  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Updating NVidia Drivers?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 10:27:21 AM »
The impact will vary based on which video card you have.  Generally speaking, the faster the video card the less the impact in a game will be.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 08:31:57 PM »
Is that a possible source of the stutters?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 01:56:04 AM »
Not really stutters, but it has been known to cause games to minimize as focus shifts.

I just wanted to add support of the Display Driver Uninstaller whenever you update Nvidia drivers. After installing fresh drivers you should reboot, and then if you feel confident enough edit your registry to remove any telemetry. Nvidia is not alone in collecting data. O&O created Shutup10, which really works great, but you have to remember to check it every now.

Microsoft is supposed to be rolling out a fix for the video stutters beginning in another week (5 days).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2017, 07:59:46 AM »
For the sake of idiots like me, could someone pronounce a list of how to update Nvidea drivers?  eg, what and how to delete old drivers, etc.

Thanks

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2017, 10:40:20 AM »
As far as OBS....tried it...works...clunky interface IMO.  Nvidia shadowplay utilizes inherent GPU capabilities to reduce impact on performance....which, since OBS is agnostic, I'm not sure is present in others.

That depends on the OBS codec you choose.  If you choose NVEnc, as I mentioned, it uses the same video card tech that Shadowplay does to offload the encoding to the GPU.  Except you can configure everything, instead of just what Shadowplay lets you configure.  NVEnc is only usable if you have the right kind of Nvidia graphics card installed, it is not video card agnostic.

And the interface for OBS is much improved in OBS Studio instead of OBS Classic.  They only recently updated the web site to lead people primarily to the better version.

Like I said, if you can't be assed to figure out any settings, then (keep on using) use Shadowplay though, as it works for people without requiring them to know very much.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:42:06 AM by BoilerDown »
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Dobs

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
That depends on the OBS codec you choose.  If you choose NVEnc, as I mentioned, it uses the same video card tech that Shadowplay does to offload the encoding to the GPU.  Except you can configure everything, instead of just what Shadowplay lets you configure.  NVEnc is only usable if you have the right kind of Nvidia graphics card installed, it is not video card agnostic.

And the interface for OBS is much improved in OBS Studio instead of OBS Classic.  They only recently updated the web site to lead people primarily to the better version.

Like I said, if you can't be assed to figure out any settings, then (keep on using) use Shadowplay though, as it works for people without requiring them to know very much.
Or more simply it just works....without having the arsepain of figuring out a clunky interface, for the same capability of an already loaded program.  Keep waving your pompoms...someone I'm sure appreciates your cheering for your favorite program.  I tried it, found it cumbersome with no added benefit and moved on..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 11:08:07 AM by Dobs »
GTX 980TI
Intel I7-6700K @4GHZ
32GB RAM
Fly at 3840x 2160 resolution

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 11:41:54 AM »
Or more simply it just works....without having the arsepain of figuring out a clunky interface, for the same capability of an already loaded program.  Keep waving your pompoms...someone I'm sure appreciates your cheering for your favorite program.  I tried it, found it cumbersome with no added benefit and moved on..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as Dobs on this. My favorite thing about Shadowplay is being able to use the ShadowRecord feature. It keeps me having to record every single sortie. Now I can just fly about and if i have a good fight, press a button and it auto records the previous 20mins.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 11:54:08 AM »
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni