Author Topic: Maximum Effort Feedback  (Read 6890 times)

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
Re: Maximum Effort Feedback
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2016, 06:08:21 PM »
Yes, and the 55% side has grossly overpowered the lower side every single frame of every FSO this year that used this split percentage. I'm creating a separate topic on the validity of using the 55/45 split - it does not work.

It's hard to argue the 55/45 split Devil.   However if you recall last month was a 50/50 split.  Frames 1 and 2 had Axis up by around 20 pilots at frame start.   Frame 3 the Allies may have been up by a few.   It's really hard, heck darn near impossible to up at frame start with both sides even up.   It's just a reality we have to deal with. 

:salute

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2016, 07:21:15 PM »
by all means treat me like I'm an idiot...discount what I say...you aren't going to shut me up... Or silence my opinions....

Well that escalated quickly.  Sorry if you mistook my intent, as it certainly wasn't what you said.  Not sure what touched the nerve, but frankly I am surprised to see someone so sensitive to feedback on the forum who likes to end nearly every post with  :ahand

And I would never try to silence anyone's opinions.  I'd rather have them stated clearly, so everyone can see what they are all about.  By all means, please comment away.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:11:59 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline snakeplissken

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2016, 07:21:24 PM »
The frame start times are always listed in the write up and objectives. It starts by the time in game. It's usually pretty accurate.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, when you see me as a setup, the event starts as per the write up... To The Second.  It's a small joke about Plissken and his Atomic wrist watch.  Launch times are recorded in the logs.  Should be easy to confirm.
The Unforgiven motto: Quid posset ire iniuriam

Offline Joker312

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2016, 07:40:42 PM »
Puller, what would cause you to react to my post so childishly?

I only wanted to know what you meant, sorry for asking. It wasn't as you say "calling you out". And why do you have such a problem with anyone disagreeing with you on anything? You need to grow up or see a doctor about your anger issues.

Its just a game. Either enjoy it or find another way to spend your time.
Joker
80th FS "Headhunters"
FSO Squad 412th FNVG

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2016, 07:44:10 PM »
It's hard to argue the 55/45 split Devil.   However if you recall last month was a 50/50 split.  Frames 1 and 2 had Axis up by around 20 pilots at frame start.   Frame 3 the Allies may have been up by a few.   It's really hard, heck darn near impossible to up at frame start with both sides even up.   It's just a reality we have to deal with. 

:salute

Generally I'd agree, but the 45/55 split has been used this year only in single-sided attack designs. and for 9 consecutive frames of those designs the defenders have had less than 40% of their pilots land successfully - more often than not less than 33%.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2016, 11:10:48 PM »
Where in my original post did I say that the Allies didn't do anything in Frame 3....

I haven't even read a post that said the Allies sucked up Frame 3...

And junky for you to say that the numbers "seemed" to favor the Allies is a gross understatement...being outnumbered by 10 "seems" to sway an outcome....being outnumbered by 30+ "seems" to be an unintended consequence of not always splitting the sides evenly...

And before you "realism" people come at me...I don't give a damn whether I'm outnumbered by 5 or 50...I enjoyed this event and wouldn't like to see it changed any if it were ran in the future...if it was, the only thing I would want changed is killing fighters should be worth something...
'If I were Allied CIC... I would have thrown my fighters which were worth nothing against the minimal Axis fighter presence...

you had multiple ponys that just flew around at 30k doing nothing

Total Axis dominance.... Again... :ahand'

Numbers are tricky, I would say as a person who would choose AXIS over Allies any day(except when pigs are Allies) I'd rather fly against crazy odds...but I do agree numbers were off BUT that's a difficult slope and I'm pretty sure I've seen it both ways even in set scenarios....CMs/CiCs can't account for overall pilot skill which stick a Bruv on AXIS and boom....game changer.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Hartmann

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2016, 02:57:14 PM »
 I have no problem with the ALT caps. Otherwise most would be up in the stratosphere, like in the MA.  :devil