Author Topic: That little green building at the end of the runway on the small airbase  (Read 2558 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: That little green building at the end of the runway on the small airbase
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2016, 02:00:44 PM »
Although that seems correct, there's plenty of runways where you just can't take off any plane you want into any direction. A gulch is just one example. There's seaside fields low on the beach with cliffs on the mainland side. There's downhill runways ending at a slope, the other way round they're uphill with a mountain at the end. There's runways too short for bombers or jets. And there's CV's... Although I've seen people land a Lancaster on a CV, I've witnessed many more people crash into the sea trying to take a heavy attack plane off. Auto takeoff isn't a magic trick to change the laws of physics.
I agree, but what if the only direction that is not obstructed by terrain is the one with the building in the way? I just think it is absolutely a "dick move" for AH vets to just say it's alright that a player can figure it out....new guy on his 2 weeks should have a good experience...not being able to fly because of a building on a base shouldn't be a reason they can't enjoy flying certain aircraft....
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2016, 04:20:17 PM »
The green building is one of those European communal latrines. Do not hit it or you know what hits the fan.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
I agree with you junkie... the 2 week guys need to be able to take off with the non perk planes

Online Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2016, 02:38:30 AM »
I agree, but what if the only direction that is not obstructed by terrain is the one with the building in the way? I just think it is absolutely a "dick move" for AH vets to just say it's alright that a player can figure it out....new guy on his 2 weeks should have a good experience...not being able to fly because of a building on a base shouldn't be a reason they can't enjoy flying certain aircraft....

I agree on this very scenario. If they've taken the trees off the end of the runway, then there should be no buildings either. Supposedly they had some Runway Safety Areas in WW2, too.

As for being able to fly the favourite aircraft anywhere, I repeat my previous post about certain runways being too short for heavy loaded planes.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2016, 02:56:27 AM »
I agree on this very scenario. If they've taken the trees off the end of the runway, then there should be no buildings either. Supposedly they had some Runway Safety Areas in WW2, too.

As for being able to fly the favourite aircraft anywhere, I repeat my previous post about certain runways being too short for heavy loaded planes.
I agree, Bizman BUT....Even on a short runway they could manage a take off with that particular structure removed. I have flown numerous heavy loaded planes and just hit my landing gear. So my thinking is it should be relatively safe by just backing it up or doing away with it entirely. Ofcourse one could always just taxi to the main runway with relative ease. :neener:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Waffle

• HTC Staff Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Inc. Aces High
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 05:21:02 PM »
I'll just make the east fighter spawn on the metal runway, and leave the west on the grass field. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2016, 05:24:59 PM »
You should add a tiny sign on it that reads

"If you can read this, you are too close"
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 12:41:55 AM »
Thank you Waffle... Hats off to you and your staff for taking suggestions from the community.
Todd

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2016, 08:03:25 AM »
Thank you Waffle... Hats off to you and your staff for taking suggestions from the community.
Todd

They changed the color of the building. Nice!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)