Author Topic: Problem With Drones??  (Read 487 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Problem With Drones??
« on: November 30, 2016, 12:06:21 PM »
Check this out..... it's called a Dronegun.

Not legal in the USA yet. Works up to 1.2 miles away. It immediately interrupts video feed and control from operator. You can then land it or trigger it's "Go Home" feature to find the culprit.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
Re: Problem With Drones??
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 03:09:15 PM »
I would think that a 12 Ga. would work too.
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 04:09:44 PM »
I would think that a 12 Ga. would work too.

My neighbor did that and made national news.  Drone flew over his house while he and his teenage daughter were swimming in the pool.  The drone was just hovering watching them.  So he shot it.  Drone operator called the police and he got locked up.  Big ordeal.

Here's the story:  http://www.wdrb.com/story/30354128/judge-dismisses-charges-for-man-who-shot-down-drone

Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 08:19:44 PM »
I remember that story, at my R/C club we talked quite a bit about it, and how all of us felt the guy was within his rights to blast that quad.

The prosecutors question- "you allowed it to hover over other peoples property"?  WTH?  What does that have to do with HIM shooting it when it was over HIS house?  Is he supposed to protect the other peoples homes, is that what the prosecutor was saying?  Was he doing something wrong by NOT shooting at it when over someone else's place, and only his own?  Strange.

They also tried to make hay about it being "too high", but the cameras these days have this little feature called ZOOM, maybe the prosecutor has heard of it before...man talk about trying to make up stupid arguments to make your charges stick, she should be disbarred IMO.

Good judge, they still exist it seems.  Plus it seems this guy spied on his daughter in the pool SIX different times...IMO the drone pilot is lucky it was just his drone that took rounds.

Flying these things is fun, especially with remote cameras/FPV, but using them to spy on people is very lame, and flying into the airspace low ever somebodies home, camera or not, is not only an invasion, its dangerous, even small rotors and falling machines can hurt people, especially small kids.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2016, 10:13:41 AM »
Aren't drones just for overweight dudes in cargo shorts and white sneakers?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2016, 10:15:54 AM »

Or kids in ABUs... :p

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2016, 10:25:51 AM »

And me. I have a p51 and a quad. 

Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2016, 04:53:05 AM »

Problem with drones? Yes... anyone can buy them!

X   :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline Randall172

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 09:43:10 AM »
This doesn't work, for a school project I wrote a system that allowed you to connect a smartphone to your drone, and use another phone line to directly control the drone. I also sent back telemetry data and using the data connection sent back video footage (720p with LTE). I tested it with an endurance flying wing (8ft wing span) loaded with batteries, and flew it 40 miles in an hour.

there was minimal lag with the most being around 300ms when the connection hopped to another tower.

this is similar

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2016, 08:48:48 AM »
You bombard it with wideband emf.

It's not hard but might be dangerous to the person closest.